jo marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach E
Occupation
Ford Engineer
Country flag
Went to dealer, showed them the Field service 21B36, Master Tech had just been trained in Mach-E Electronics.
Downloaded a patch software fix, took about 20 mins. Then he said he updated my APN which is why my phone was losing blue tooth so much.
I re-installed app to phone, deleted all old keys from the app. Paired PAAK again and it connected much quicker than before, and is acting more like a key fob.
Car unlocks and connects to blue tooth much quicker than originally did, No more "key not found" messages once you start the vehicle.
Also Bluetooth to my phone never dropped a call, or streaming music at all today.
Sponsored

Racdos

First Name
Rac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium, Audi Q5
Country flag
Went to dealer, showed them the Field service 21B36, Master Tech had just been trained in Mach-E Electronics.
Downloaded a patch software fix, took about 20 mins. Then he said he updated my APN which is why my phone was losing blue tooth so much.
I re-installed app to phone, deleted all old keys from the app. Paired PAAK again and it connected much quicker than before, and is acting more like a key fob.
Car unlocks and connects to blue tooth much quicker than originally did, No more "key not found" messages once you start the vehicle.
Also Bluetooth to my phone never dropped a call, or streaming music at all today.
That is fantastic. Can't wait for the OTA.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I read in another thread that PAAK has high battery use on your phone. Is that the case after the update?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Later this year likely means middle of next year. The fact that they elevated this and informed all customers makes me think that they are running into delays with the updates.

If I've learned anything from working with software developers and PMs, it's take whatever schedule they say and add 3-6 months.

If I were having trouble with any vehicle, I wouldn't sit on it hoping it would get fixed. I recommend anyone having this or any other issue to go to the dealer.

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
After 1 week with the updated PAAK, I had the first issue yesterday, car didn't recognize the phone so I had to use the pin + screen code. But working way better than before.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Later this year likely means middle of next year. The fact that they elevated this and informed all customers makes me think that they are running into delays with the updates.

If I've learned anything from working with software developers and PMs, it's take whatever schedule they say and add 3-6 months.

If I were having trouble with any vehicle, I wouldn't sit on it hoping it would get fixed. I recommend anyone having this or any other issue to go to the dealer.
I’d be surprised if it isn’t pushed out by the end of September.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I cannot wait! 43 hours away for me. Thanks for getting my hopes up. I am still having a second fob programmed at the same time....

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Based on what they did to my car today, I don't see whay they can't push this OTA right now. The mobile truck didn't hook anything up directly to my car. All wireless updating.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Based on what they did to my car today, I don't see whay they can't push this OTA right now. The mobile truck didn't hook anything up directly to my car. All wireless updating.
Perhaps safety or reliability. If the update caused issues and you were at the dealership or have a tech from the dealership present it is a little less of an issue versus an OTA update occurring in less controlled environments.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
God! I'm terrified.

Every time they have done something PaaK has gotten worse and worse for me.

Dealer asked me to disconnect battery. and I lost all my settings again.

After yesterdays update? I have lost all fordpass access to my car. I'm permanently stuck on the activation pending page. accepting on the car does nothing.

I really need this info as it is my family car.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I had this update done a week ago and am delighted with the results. I haven't had to; open the app on my phone to open the door, use the door backup code or password to start the car. Sometimes I do have to press the door open button multiple times. I didn't need to make any changes to the app. I did lose the radio presets, and some of the driver assistance features had to be reset.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and am using version 3.24.0 of the FordPass app.
Sponsored