It's been half a year, anyone thinking about selling their car? Or trading it in for a GT or other EV?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Just curious to see the state of things. With the market how it is, you could probably sell or trade in the car without much of a loss at all. Just wanted to see if anyone is going this route. Maybe you want a different EV, maybe you like it so much you're going to sell it for the GT version. Want to hear the thoughts.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just curious to see the state of things. With the market how it is, you could probably sell or trade in the car without much of a loss at all. Just wanted to see if anyone is going this route. Maybe you want a different EV, maybe you like it so much you're going to sell it for the GT version. Want to hear the thoughts.

I planned on just letting the dealer sell my GT order as stock and keeping the FE I got. But I really have been considering taking the GT when it comes in. It really will depend on what they offer as a trade on it.

I plan on going by carmax before I go to the dealer when the GT comes in just to get a 2nd option if they don't give a good trade. With the way the market is, I think I could get a decent deal on a trade, but also, dealers haven't historically given me great deals on my trades. So we'll just see when that time comes. Probably looking at late Oct or Nov before the GT gets delivered though. Who knows what the market will look like by then.

TJ-Mach-e

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Merc S550, 2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag
I have only had mine for two weeks and I am already considering trading it for a GTPE. I haven't ordered one but I am pretty sure that if I ever see one available for sale because a customer did not accept their order then I will probably trade for it right away.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm trading/selling my grabber FE, for a Gt that sits in production. Hoping for a fair trade price. (don't forget the sales tax advantage on a trade!)

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Just 3 weeks ago I got $5k more than I paid for my Dodge Charger brand new when I traded in for my Mach-E. I imagine you can surely get very close to or at MSRP on a trade in of a sub 10k mile Mach-E. Especially if you have a Premium or a Select with comfort/tech package.

Reactions: UW2

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The Mach-E GT does not interest me at all.
I might consider trading my FE for the Lightning or Rivian when they come out.
I go back and forth between the two. One week I am Team Rivian....the next week Team Lightning.

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I go back and forth between the two. One week I am Team Rivian....the next week Team Lightning.
May I ask what's making you want to trade?

Will likely sell and switch to Audi Q4 Etron when it comes out
May I ask why?

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I feel similarly, but I was thinking about the Rivian SUV, not the pickup truck. Rivian's got fantastic styling and gorgeous internals/tech. If they test well in IIHS testing for headlights and crash protection, I think that's the first real contender for me in my mind. The Cadillac Lyriq is a potential too as well as the mythical Apple car should it ever be released. But of everything that's out TODAY, no, there's nothing more interesting to me than the Mach-E for that balance of price, range, performance, and styling.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
May I ask what's making you want to trade?
I need a truck and would like to sell both of my 7.3 liter Powerstroke Super Duty F250s. They sit most of the time but I am ready to simplify. My driveway is looking a bit like a used car lot with the Mach-E, Wrangler 4xe and two Super Duties out front.

Might also consider trading the Wrangler for a BEV truck. It will just depend on when something comes available and the timing for everything. I am not holding my breath though. For now we are good. Just will see what happens I guess....

:)

Last edited:

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I don't plan on selling MME until something interesting comes out. Nothing currently on the market looks worth it. I would trade it for EV Hummer, but that's not likely to happen soon.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I keep my cars for a long time - plan is to keep the MachE for at least 10 years, maybe more if good battery upgrades are available then!

However, I did finance with Ford Options so I'd have a bail-out in year 3 if the car just isn't working out (or maybe if the 2024 GTs are even better I'd consider upgrading...).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I feel similarly, but I was thinking about the Rivian SUV, not the pickup truck. Rivian's got fantastic styling and gorgeous internals/tech. If they test well in IIHS testing for headlights and crash protection, I think that's the first real contender for me in my mind. The Cadillac Lyriq is a potential too as well as the mythical Apple car should it ever be released. But of everything that's out TODAY, no, there's nothing more interesting to me than the Mach-E for that balance of price, range, performance, and styling.
Did you see the RS1 climb that hill in Moab? Amazing.
I like the Rivian for it's size. The smaller form factor appeals to me and it's towing capacity of 11,000 lbs is really what I need.

The Lightning has a larger bed though.....and I think I will need that from time to time so that is the primary reason for leaning towards that when it comes out.

The kitchen in the Rivian is cool. I do camp sometimes.

Choices choices.... ?
Sponsored