It's been half a year, anyone thinking about selling their car? Or trading it in for a GT or other EV?

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I may trade in for an e Tron. 55k for a car and to see people having issues with loaners and not being taken care of is disturbing.

Audi will have loaners and give an actual luxury experience at the dealer for the same price.

Going to wait to get the tax credit and then really think about what is going to happen if I got stuck or stranded and I have to fight Ford to get towed. If something happens to the car and I don't get it fixed in 30 days and get some bogus reimbursement for rental cars I'm going lemon law.

I love the car though it does some things wrong:

* Dimmed rear view mirror at night is great but side mirrors blind me since they aren't dimmed

* Buzzing screens annoy me but I am getting better at ignoring

* Seats don't have enough adjustment compared to the competition

* Paak garbage. No way, I mean no way I connect my family's phone to the car. We are going to share the one fob. For women, having the ability to get in your car immediately is important. If you get carried away and are the last shopper in a store at night, it gets weird. You go to the parking lot and if you see one other car with a guy looking at you you're gonna want to get in your car asap. No bogus door code, no refreshing the bogus app. You need to open your car immediately. I would never live it down if something happened to my family because I chose a car that had a faulty, unreliable way to unlock.

* Touch screen as responsive as an iphone 5, or any phone from 5 years ago
Why are you going to have to get towed?

Not sure what other adjustments you're looking for with the seats.

What's wrong with the screen? The processor speed or the touch sensitivity?

Audi depreciates fast and not known for being reliable.$$$$ at dealer too. Can buy two MMEs for the price of an etron.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I will be taking a good look at the Lightning when it comes out too. I would prefer a truck over this crossover style, and thankfully the wife agrees for once! LOL (The MME is her daily commuter)
With any luck, Ford will work out the annoyances and challenges of mainstream BEVs with the MME and the Lightning will launch as a more solid package overall. Assuming nothing makes me suddenly stop liking the MME, and I really like the Lightning, I might wait until the second year for the truck before changing. It will be interesting to see what other BEVs look good in a couple of years too.
I'm probably going to get the lightning but will keep the Mach e. Wouldn't make much sense using the lightning as a commuter instead of mach e.

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag

Audi depreciates fast and not known for being reliable.$$$$ at dealer too
When it comes to EVs, reliability is a whole different thing now. Sure their gas cars unreliable but who knows about EV

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
When it comes to EVs, reliability is a whole different thing now. Sure their gas cars unreliable but who knows about EV
Exactly! Who knows - maybe their EV will be even less reliable than their ICEs :)

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Exactly! Who knows - maybe their EV will be even less reliable than their ICEs :)
Well, the e-tron brand has been out for a while. Any wide spread issues about them? Im genuinely not sure

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Well, the e-tron brand has been out for a while. Any wide spread issues about them? Im genuinely not sure
I was just kidding - I have no clue and have no interest of learning what e-tron really is - mostly to its look - I do not want to drive something that reminds me a suitcase on wheels :)

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I'm probably going to get the lightning but will keep the Mach e. Wouldn't make much sense using the lightning as a commuter instead of mach e.
I want to see just how much difference there will be in efficiency between the MME and the F150L. Seeing how heavy the MME is, I suspect the difference will not be that much. I have a giant GMC ICE truck for heavy duty or long haul use, so the F150L would be used by my wife for commuting and lighter duty chores.
We'll see...

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I want to see just how much difference there will be in efficiency between the MME and the F150L. Seeing how heavy the MME is, I suspect the difference will not be that much. I have a giant GMC ICE truck for heavy duty or long haul use, so the F150L would be used by my wife for commuting and lighter duty chores.
We'll see...
Isn't the lightning's battery almost twice the size for around the same estimated mileage? Maybe 2 miles (LIGHTNING) vs 3 miles (MME extended AWD) / kWh? I have been getting 3.9 miles / kWh in my MME standard range RWD though.

Last edited:

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Commute with it for a few years (90 miles RT per day), then trade off the 2018 EB Flex for a Lightning. I get my truck and the S.O. gets the MME.

mach_e_hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

Audi depreciates fast and not known for being reliable.$$$$ at dealer too. Can buy two MMEs for the price of an etron.
Not going to have it towed, no problems other than a high voltage battery warning that went away. I have car anxiety, I'm irrationally worries a out being stranded somewhere.

The seats I am looking for tilt like what the tesla has and thigh adjustments/extenders.

The screen is laggy when you touch it, not responsive. If I hold my finger down and move it around the screen can't keep up and you always have to wait.

My bad I meant the q4. Yes it will depreciate more so if I do that I'll have to pay that price.

I whined a lot but the car is 95 percent what I was looking for. Would I buy it again? Depends on the competition. I'll always have car anxiety, every new EV is going to have some forum where people have problems and I start thinking about it. Thats obviously on me. So if I remove that then yes I would buy it again and hope I don't get the infotainment noise.

Thanks for listening/reading to my comment! I got 4,000 miles on mine and came from a car that got 18mpg so pretty happy about that. Car is silent on the highway and I don't notice until about 70 mph (outside of the ridiculous infotainment noise), as opposed to our Niro EV where I start noticing around 40 mph.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
No way I’m ditching it anytime soon.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
Not going to have it towed, no problems other than a high voltage battery warning that went away. I have car anxiety, I'm irrationally worries a out being stranded somewhere.

The seats I am looking for tilt like what the tesla has and thigh adjustments/extenders.

The screen is laggy when you touch it, not responsive. If I hold my finger down and move it around the screen can't keep up and you always have to wait.

My bad I meant the q4. Yes it will depreciate more so if I do that I'll have to pay that price.

I whined a lot but the car is 95 percent what I was looking for. Would I buy it again? Depends on the competition. I'll always have car anxiety, every new EV is going to have some forum where people have problems and I start thinking about it. Thats obviously on me. So if I remove that then yes I would buy it again and hope I don't get the infotainment noise.

Thanks for listening/reading to my comment! I got 4,000 miles on mine and came from a car that got 18mpg so pretty happy about that. Car is silent on the highway and I don't notice until about 70 mph (outside of the ridiculous infotainment noise), as opposed to our Niro EV where I start noticing around 40 mph.
Hopefully the software will improve as they release updates. Mine seems snappier after I disabled the PaaK and fixed the contact info on my phone, which was causing it not to sync over bluetooth.

I'm not familiar with those seat features and have never paid attention to the number of seat adjustments. Only notice motorized vs manual seats...

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Isn't the lightning's battery almost twice the size for around the same estimated mileage? Maybe 2 miles (LIGHTNING) vs 3 miles (MME extended AWD) / kWh? I have been getting 3.9 miles / kWh in my MME standard range RWD though.
I have not really looked at any details yet. But I was spending nearly $16 / day in premium gas for my wife's commute, and the MME charges for about $1.80. So even if the F150L is half as efficient, I am still way ahead and I would consider it just to have a truck over a crossover.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I have not really looked at any details yet. But I was spending nearly $16 / day in premium gas for my wife's commute, and the MME charges for about $1.80. So even if the F150L is half as efficient, I am still way ahead and I would consider it just to have a truck over a crossover.
Ah, electricity is a ripoff in the SF Bay Area. Still better than gas prices though.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
My friend has a 2019 E-tron. About 3 months into his ownership, the rear motor fried. I think a coolant leak caused it. IIRC there was a recall on it and they delivered the car to him before performing the recall on it. It may or may not be related, and I don't know if it's just his one isolated case.
Sponsored