It's been half a year, anyone thinking about selling their car? Or trading it in for a GT or other EV?

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The Mach-E GT does not interest me at all.
I might consider trading my FE for the Lightning or Rivian when they come out.
I go back and forth between the two. One week I am Team Rivian....the next week Team Lightning.
Go for the Lightning. Rivian is still unsteady, getting a 400 million investment just to keep running.
Sponsored

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Ah, electricity is a ripoff in the SF Bay Area. Still better than gas prices though.
Everything is expensive in the Bay area - California, taxing it's citizens into prosperity for decades!

I am paying $0.0614 /kWh from 11p to 5am right now (EV time of use rate), and that will go down to $0.0575 in the cooler months.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
Everything is expensive in the Bay area - California, taxing it's citizens into prosperity for decades!

I am paying $0.0614 /kWh from 11p to 5am right now (EV time of use rate), and that will go down to $0.0575 in the cooler months.
Nice, I get like $0.30/kWh at the lowest in the summer but I have solar and not on an EV rate. Some municipalities in CA are around $0.08 but not the publicly traded utilities like PG&E.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Will be hoping to get a good trade in value for my FE when my GT PE comes in. There is almost no data out there on what the trade in should be... I am honestly not sure what the dealer will do. Am I optimistic to hope I get 54 or 55 K for it?

Last edited:

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
If it wasn't for the loss, I could probably be tempted into trading in for a GT with magnedrive... That said, will probably have my mach e for 10+ years.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
Will be hoping to get a good trade in value for my FE when my GT PE comes in. There is almost no data out there on what the trade in should be... I am honestly not sure what the dealer will do. Am I optimistic to hope I get 54 or 55 K for it?
Couldn't wait for the GT?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I usually keep my vehicles for a decade+ (most of their life). So probably no. Love my Mach-E on the whole, but it's not without a handful of annoyances too. Mostly software that I assume will get fixed by the end of the year.

But I've also never come anywhere close to paying $60k for a car like this before, so who knows. If a new BEV comes out in a few years that's got a much more luxury suspension (not harsh on the road bumps like this one kind of is), and sits taller, I may be tempted. Be curious to see what the Lincoln counterpart ends up looking like.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I may trade in for an e Tron. 55k for a car and to see people having issues with loaners and not being taken care of is disturbing.

Audi will have loaners and give an actual luxury experience at the dealer for the same price.

Going to wait to get the tax credit and then really think about what is going to happen if I got stuck or stranded and I have to fight Ford to get towed. If something happens to the car and I don't get it fixed in 30 days and get some bogus reimbursement for rental cars I'm going lemon law.

I love the car though it does some things wrong:

* Dimmed rear view mirror at night is great but side mirrors blind me since they aren't dimmed

* Buzzing screens annoy me but I am getting better at ignoring

* Seats don't have enough adjustment compared to the competition

* Paak garbage. No way, I mean no way I connect my family's phone to the car. We are going to share the one fob. For women, having the ability to get in your car immediately is important. If you get carried away and are the last shopper in a store at night, it gets weird. You go to the parking lot and if you see one other car with a guy looking at you you're gonna want to get in your car asap. No bogus door code, no refreshing the bogus app. You need to open your car immediately. I would never live it down if something happened to my family because I chose a car that had a faulty, unreliable way to unlock.

* Touch screen as responsive as an iphone 5, or any phone from 5 years ago
Really sounding like a half empty type of guy.. too much social media and network TV news will do that to a person.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I love my Mach-E, but I have reserved the new Lucid. They said they may offer a trade in. But, unless I'd just lose an insane amount, I can't see keeping two VERY expensive cars.

LadyGator

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ext. Range
Country flag
I wish I could say I would keep this 10+ years as I have with my two other vehicles. If I could get all of my money back now, including tax I would consider going back to ICE, and I hate to say that. My P ER has been at the dealer for 2 weeks with no end in sight, for a complete HV battery replacement. Its my first EV and I believe in the technology, but now have no confidence in the vehicle or any other first year release EVs. Which just leaves me with Tesla or Bolt, in this price range, both of which aesthetically are less than exciting for me. Coming from a 16 year old lexus with 140,000 miles this is a difficult place to be in, where you don't know if you may get stranded.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I wish I could say I would keep this 10+ years as I have with my two other vehicles. If I could get all of my money back now, including tax I would consider going back to ICE, and I hate to say that. My P ER has been at the dealer for 2 weeks with no end in sight, for a complete HV battery replacement. Its my first EV and I believe in the technology, but now have no confidence in the vehicle or any other first year release EVs. Which just leaves me with Tesla or Bolt, in this price range, both of which aesthetically are less than exciting for me. Coming from a 16 year old lexus with 140,000 miles this is a difficult place to be in, where you don't know if you may get stranded.
You can get stranded with any car that breaks down. It is not unique to EVs.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Couldn't wait for the GT?
For me, it wasn't that I couldn't wait. I wanted Grabber Blue, and I missed reserving a FE. So I ordered a GT. I also love the look of the front end on the GT. However, when cars started being delivered, I still didn't know what options I would even be able to get on a GT or the cost of the options. I didn't want to wait for a GT, and either not be able to get options I wanted, or have the price be higher than I wanted to go. So when a GB FE came up, I jumped on it.

It won't be the end of the world if they don't give me enough on a trade when the GT comes in. I'm perfectly happy with the FE. BUT, if it does work out, I will be very excited.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m interested to hear from all of the people who are considering trading in their Premium/First Edition Mach-Es for a GT or GTPE when those start getting delivered.

I know the used market is crazy right now, but it probably wasn’t when you placed the order/reservation for both a Premium/FE and a GT. Did you have a number in mind that you would be OK spending to take in the form of a loss to trade in a 1 year old (or less) vehicle to get another? Curious about how expensive (or surprisingly cheap) such a move might be.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I’m interested to hear from all of the people who are considering trading in their Premium/First Edition Mach-Es for a GT or GTPE when those start getting delivered.

I know the used market is crazy right now, but it probably wasn’t when you placed the order/reservation for both a Premium/FE and a GT. Did you have a number in mind that you would be OK spending to take in the form of a loss to trade in a 1 year old (or less) vehicle to get another? Curious about how expensive (or surprisingly cheap) such a move might be.
When I made the decision to go with the FE that I got, I had no intention on trading it in when my GT order finally showed up. I even told my dealer that and they were fine with it. With things how they are right now though, I'm keeping that option open, but not really getting my hopes up.
Sponsored