Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
As tempting as it is to go to the dealer, I'm going to wait for the OTA. If Ford has it finally figured out, I think it would be a far more enjoyable experience compared to the dealer trying to do the update.
I had zero issues with the OTA installation of BlueCruise. There are, however, two caveats:
1. Others had some issues.
2. There are no Blue Zones around here, I can only test the hands on mode of BlueCruise.

FWIW.
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I had zero issues with the OTA installation of BlueCruise. There are, however, two caveats:
1. Others had some issues.
2. There are no Blue Zones around here, I can only test the hsnds kn mode of BlueCruise.

FWIW.
According to the map I've seen in a Forbes article, I do have mapped highways near me! Hopefully this is in fact the case and I will be able to test it out once I get the OTA.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I received that same message a few days ago. I think there was a similar e-mail several weeks ago as well? No OTAs yet though. Not sure if I will get any since I am past warranty but I think it is more likely that OTAs will continue to flow my way vs dry up. If/when it happens then I will report back.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Got the email too, but I've already had the dealer apply the BlueCruise update manually, anyway. No idea if this breaks OTAs for me again.

I can confirm that bluecruise works, and I didn't pay anything for it so far:)
I had dealer install blue cruise but it doesnā€™t work for me. They claim they road tested it but they have lied before so I do t think they did. The computer printout I got says I received it. But my car only shows the usual cruise control and lane centering bubble. No mention of blue cruise

TheCount2

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Select with BlueCruise Job 1 21P22 SW Update
Occupation
Actuary
Country flag
There are many threads discussing this.

Make sure their FDRS is updated.
Make sure they do follow the directions, which are 5 pages long, including installing the BlueCruise maps before finishing, and then driving it on a BC road.
Thanks. I printed everything and gave it to the service manager. Yesterday they were waiting for assistance from Ford engineering, and also said that Ford issued new advice yesterday morning.

karthik

First Name
karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mache
Country flag
I had dealer install blue cruise but it doesnā€™t work for me. They claim they road tested it but they have lied before so I do t think they did. The computer printout I got says I received it. But my car only shows the usual cruise control and lane centering bubble. No mention of blue cruise
Same happened to me as well. I picked my car today after Blue cruise update but i don't see any blue cruise. I am still at 2.4.1

karthik

First Name
karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mache
Country flag
I got the email, too. And Iā€™ve already had BC since it was installed by the dealer a little over a month ago. Ford mothership should know by now. Itā€™s weird that Ford just blasts these things out and cannot seem to screen out those to whom it doesnā€™t apply. It indicates a lack of organization.
I got dealer installed today but i do not see any bluecruise added when i drive. I am still at 2.4.1.
Please advise.

karthik

First Name
karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mache
Country flag
Got the email too, but I've already had the dealer apply the BlueCruise update manually, anyway. No idea if this breaks OTAs for me again.

I can confirm that bluecruise works, and I didn't pay anything for it so far:)
I picked my mache today, he says he updated bluecruise but i dont see bluecruise when i drive.
Please advise.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I got dealer installed today but i do not see any bluecruise added when i drive. I am still at 2.4.1.
Please advise.
It took me a few drives or hours (not sure which) for it to start working.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I picked my mache today, he says he updated bluecruise but i dont see bluecruise when i drive.
Please advise.
You need to be on a valid "blue zone" stretch of highway. It'll enter it automatically if you're in adaptive cruise control. You'll see the gauge cluster change color and notify you.

karthik

First Name
karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mache
Country flag
You need to be on a valid "blue zone" stretch of highway. It'll enter it automatically if you're in adaptive cruise control. You'll see the gauge cluster change color and notify you.
I am on 2.4.1 when i check. Do I still get bluecruise ?

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Guys, My recommendation is not to get Dealer Installed Blue Cruise!!! I had it installed "Correctly" according to the dealer as well as Ford confirmed the car has the Blue Cruise Update.

However, I do not have Blue Cruise and have LOST the Autosteer feature since the update. A ticket was created with Ford and the 5 day window to get back to me yesterday came and went. I "chatted" with them (Ford Pass Team) on their website yesterday evening after not hearing from them. And ultimately was told, "Ticket is still open and they are working on it".

Under "Connected Services" my Blue Cruise in not active. My gut tells me it has something to do with the Sync update, but I don't have any proof. From a non-techy I'm guessing the Blue Cruise Update was put on the car but not the sync update. As you have seen from the Forum there were many Prep OTAs before the BC update came. And since we can't actually see which Sync version we are running (Lame Ford Lame); I have no idea.

I'm sure there are some tech people that will say, "No the Sync update would have been part of the Dealer's BC update". To those people I would ask, "Why does my car not have Blue Cruise and why have I lost Auto Steer"? ....... Just my 2 cents

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
OTA-SchmOTA. If your service tech has been doing your updates using FDRS you can be on "OTA 2.1.0" and still have Bluecruise working. OTA "Powerup" versions are indicative of software updates that have been received exclusively through the Over-The-Air process only, and if your tech has been doing updates in the shop using FDRS the only way to know how "current" you are is to ask somebody in the FDRS thread to pull your VIN and let you know what updates are still outstanding, and what the techs have been up to (by viewing the vehicle history).

While OTA numbers do equate to a set of functional updates to certain modules they are not the only metric to determining where you are on the current software roadmap.

For most people, when attempting to determine how far along they are toward BC functionality, the version of Sync is a pretty good clue, as you won't see proper BC functionality until your Sync version is at least 364.

I returned home from a trip yesterday to find that my MME had four new updates to the HVAC, Gateway, Telematics, and APIM modules. I got those done with FDRS.

And my "Powerup" version is still zero, zip, nada, because I never get OTAs. I live out in the country.

But I'm still up to date! šŸš˜

Mike

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Guys, My recommendation is not to get Dealer Installed Blue Cruise!!! I had it installed "Correctly" according to the dealer as well as Ford confirmed the car has the Blue Cruise Update.

However, I do not have Blue Cruise and have LOST the Autosteer feature since the update. A ticket was created with Ford and the 5 day window to get back to me yesterday came and went. I "chatted" with them (Ford Pass Team) on their website yesterday evening after not hearing from them. And ultimately was told, "Ticket is still open and they are working on it".

Under "Connected Services" my Blue Cruise in not active. My gut tells me it has something to do with the Sync update, but I don't have any proof. From a non-techy I'm guessing the Blue Cruise Update was put on the car but not the sync update. As you have seen from the Forum there were many Prep OTAs before the BC update came. And since we can't actually see which Sync version we are running (Lame Ford Lame); I have no idea.

I'm sure there are some tech people that will say, "No the Sync update would have been part of the Dealer's BC update". To those people I would ask, "Why does my car not have Blue Cruise and why have I lost Auto Steer"? ....... Just my 2 cents
Similar situation. My dealer installed the update that got me off the snide for 1.7.1 and when I got my car home it installed power up 2.4.2 OTA. They also installed blue cruise. It didnā€™t break my lane centering but there is no evidence of blue cruise at all. I have driven on many blue highways. So I am not sure what to do. Been to my dealer too much for too many things so will probably just live with it and wait. Tired of fixing things.
Sponsored