2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
The difficulty they expected in rolling out BC 1.3 was signaled by Ford more than 6-months ago when they pushed all the free-trial dates out to 12/31/2023.
(Regardless of what people on this forum or Ford press releases indicated that it would be here sooner)
I'm not too worried, my free-trial is pushed to 2074...

Ford Mustang Mach-E It's January 16 (2024): Update on BlueCruise 1.3 IMG_4192

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
All I can say is that I feel for the poor s/w engineers at Ford that are in this mess. I've been in the middle of botched major rollouts that my employer is counting on and trust me, it's no fun and there is always plenty of blame to go around. Considering that Ford is obviously hoping that BC1.3 will be so amazing that it will entice lots of owners to fork out $800 per year for the privilege to use it, this series of lost yardage plays and fumbles has got to be hellish for all involved.

To be clear, I'm not giving Ford a pass. S/W is hard, but that's never an excuse. And as we all know and agree, Ford's biggest issue aren't the repeated delays. Their biggest issue is the near complete silence on the topic. Ford needs to over correct on this, not hunker down.

@Ford Motor Company, make communications frequent and official. Sending emails is (essentially) free. So is communicating on this forum. Use tools that are available to make people know you're working hard to address their concerns. We can accept delays. It's silence that pisses us off.

GatorGrowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e Premium ER RWD
Country flag
All I can say is that I feel for the poor s/w engineers at Ford that are in this mess. I've been in the middle of botched major rollouts that my employer is counting on and trust me, it's no fun and there is always plenty of blame to go around. Considering that Ford is obviously hoping that BC1.3 will be so amazing that it will entice lots of owners to fork out $800 per year for the privilege to use it, this series of lost yardage plays and fumbles has got to be hellish for all involved.

To be clear, I'm not giving Ford a pass. S/W is hard, but that's never an excuse. And as we all know and agree, Ford's biggest issue aren't the repeated delays. Their biggest issue is the near complete silence on the topic. Ford needs to over correct on this, not hunker down.

@Ford Motor Company, make communications frequent and official. Sending emails is (essentially) free. So is communicating on this forum. Use tools that are available to make people know you're working hard to address their concerns. We can accept delays. It's silence that pisses us off.
Oddly, they have great customer engagement in the UK. Fpcommunity.ford.com
There the hosts commonly answer questions and provide progress updates.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I don't even know why Ford feels the need to make these announcements. Just release it when its ready. Don't need the fanfare.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Social media is all about fanfare. If you actually deliver no one says anything the next day. But if you miss, man, it’s free hits and trending discussions, even if bad your name gets out there. Some even think that is worth a reward.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Oddly, they have great customer engagement in the UK. Fpcommunity.ford.com
There the hosts commonly answer questions and provide progress updates.
That actually doesn't surprise me. In markets where a company is less dominant they tend to work harder for people's business. When I lived in Paris in the mid-90's I was a very frequent flyer (1K) on United Airlines. I was regularly invented to special events (e.g., center 4th row seats to the Bolshoi Ballet with a special United only champagne reception before and party after, presents for Christmas, etc.). When I returned to the US (and was still traveling just as much), nothing other than the normal 1K perks.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Maybe he’ll be able to take his hands off the wheel on his way to his college graduation😊
We use this pic alot, he is 9 now, and timing wise I think the MachE will be his in 8 years
Sponsored