Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I disagree. While the enthusiasts understand these things, there are lots of BEV owners who think plugging in to charge is just like starting up a gas pump. It goes until it snaps off at full.

I know that's not how it works but lots of folks don't.
I don’t know of any BEV owner who thinks that way. None that I’ve met in person, at a SC and none that I’ve met on the TMC forum. How could any owner who has actually charged their vehicle think this way? Perhaps a prospective owner, but a real owner?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don’t know of any BEV owner who thinks that way. None that I’ve met in person, at a SC and none that I’ve met on the TMC forum. How could any owner who has actually charged their vehicle think this way? Perhaps a prospective owner, but a real owner?
I have friends who bought a Leaf shortly before we bought ours. They charge almost entirely at home (almost no Level 3 charges). While they knew the last part of the charging was slower, they had no idea that charging rate changed other than the fact that the last 20% was slower. That's actually not surprising as many of the charging curves for that generation of Leafs actually show an increase from 20-80% then drop like a rock. I also know a couple with a Prius Prime (I know that's a PHEV) who are completely clueless on charging.

Yes, there are non-technical people who buy BEVs for the environmental benefit but really aren't into the technical side.