Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There a lot of questions through threads on how to jack / lift Mach-E. Maybe some variations are okay, particularly if the load is spread.

From the pdf, there is a very specific area between the triangle marks on the plastic strips which is suggested. It is the just under 3" strip inside of the aluminum rails with holes which are actually part of the battery pack and which aluminum battery rails are not to be used for jacking lifting (?), and which can be ripped (shipping example), or crushed.

The approved lift or jack area is the thin strip between /the outside plastic strip (with the triangles) and /the inside aluminum rectangular battery rail.

In the lift examples, it would seem that many reviewers are technically lifting incorrectly using the rectangular aluminum channel, instead of outer metal (steel?) strip.

I guess (?) to lift at least technically correctly, it takes something like a rubber jack pad / block that can be between the typically wider jack head surface and the relatively thin (2 1/2" to 3") metal rail which is inside of the rectangular aluminum battery member.

From the pdf:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.28.00 PM

So, this (wrong?) example is probably near or between the triangles, but on the wrong member, the aluminum rectangular rail:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.26.58 PM

This appears to be another wrong (?) example as to the jack, the safety stand appears to be on the correct strip:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jacking / Lifting Mach-E Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.17.04 PM

Last edited:

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Those jack points in the .pdf look awfully close to the edge of the vehicle. I can see a tire shop thinking the second photo looks like a good place to put the lift. Might be helpful to bring a printout of the .pdf page to show the shop.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’ve been adding a block of 2x4 to the pad of my Jack. Fits perfectly between the inside edge of the outer plastic molding and the inside edge of the battery rail.
Also, I put my Jack near one of the triangles so that there is room to put my Jack stand near the other triangle. That way once I let the car down on the Jack stand, it’s still within the triangles / approved Jack points.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I’ve been adding a block of 2x4 to the pad of my Jack. Fits perfectly between the inside edge of the outer plastic molding and the inside edge of the battery rail.
Also, I put my Jack near one of the triangles so that there is room to put my Jack stand near the other triangle. That way once I let the car down on the Jack stand, it’s still within the triangles / approved Jack points.
....to change oil and filter.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wanted to take my aero covers off (which are held on by the lug nuts), but now I'm confused. The rectangular rail seems a lot more sturdy than flat points indicated. Can somebody take a closeup picture of how and where to jack this monster up without screwing up?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
nevermind, figured it out....

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I contacted Ford Parts to inquire whether Ford makes a jacking block(s) for lifting the Mach-E. It turns out that Ford's specialty service tools company, ROTUNDA, does make some nifty jacking blocks for the Mach-E, that actually have "posts" that fit into the holes in the correct jacking areas. The only problem is that these blocks are only (at least at this point) sold as part of a service kit that includes all necessary specialty tools for lifting the car and removing the HV Battery, and the kit is quite expensive. The blocks would probably be over-priced even if they were available separately. I went on eBay and ordered a 3" diameter jack pad (fits perfectly in the cradle of my small racing-style floor jack) that is 2" tall. I then cut and shaped it a bit to make it fit between the battery rail and the bolt head in the jacking area to help keep it from moving while lifting. It's shaped well enough that i can shove it into place, and it will stay attached to the car while I move my jack into place. I think the wood block is just as good an idea, however.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
To get some very extensive views of the underside of the Mach E, check out the latest Sandy Munro video. It provides a lot of detail on the structure of the underside and battery. Especially take note of how they are supporting the car (as they stand under it!)

Last edited:

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Seems like a good idea to paint those arrows and jack points a bright yellow or orange.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
I started looking for this information the other day after reading about a Tesla owner who ran into trouble jacking up his car. While looking at the PDF it strikes me that there is no safe way to jack up the car and then place it on jack stands, since there is no central jacking point.

I also watched the video that Benjamin posted just to see if there was any insight there. The guy manged to get one side of his Mach E on to jack stands, but did not mention how.

Any thoughts?

*edited a word*

Last edited:

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I started looking for this information the other day after reading about a Tesla owner who ran into jacking up his car. While looking at the PDF it strikes me that there is no safe way to jack up the car and then place it on jack stands, since there is no central jacking point.

I also watched the video that Benjamin posted just to see if there was any insight there. The guy manged to get one side of his Mach E on to jack stands, but did not mention how.

Any thoughts?
https://safejacks.com/products/the-rennstand-by-safe-jack-single-unit

Not cheap, though

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering