Jan 2022 Delivery - Fed Tax Credit

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Yeah, even so... if only it were the 'Good Ole Days' when these few 'posers' weren't allowed to stop good things from getting passed.
And this situation is even worse since it's Reconciliation, this should already have been done back in March or April of 2021!!!!!! But their own people are standing in the way...
Agreed on that!
Sponsored

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Yeah, even so... if only it were the 'Good Ole Days' when these few 'posers' weren't allowed to stop good things from getting passed.
I hope it is a sarcasm.....

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
It's certainly not sarcasm... I mean, I've been following politics since the early 90s (yes, I am a bit younger than some) and all too often now-a-days, the Dems routinely let a minority of their party derail their agenda and then when they lose chambers in the mid-terms, they blame the evil Rs... when it was their own folks who scuttled their ship. Tip O'neill (yes, I know Tip wasn't SOTH in the 90s, it's just the idea of him getting sh** done!) would never let this happen back in the day... Lock Step or else!!!! Bring Back the Cloak Room Deals while we have a lock on D.C.!!!!

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Wow, is the tax credit really the only determining factor? My suggestion is to proceed with whatever purchase you wish to make and when you file that year's taxes you will find out if you qualify for a credit (it's not a rebate) and for how much. I know this sounds dismissive, but what else can you do if you wish to own the car? As was said above, no one here knows what might or might not be the applicable tax law for 2022.

Last edited:

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Certainly it is not the ONLY thing determining my purchase, nor does this rebate make or break my purchase, but seriously... this is really the most simple thing 'these people' could do, simply up the cut off to 600k cars, and renew the $7,500... but they are fumbling over themselves, while throwing it in with a bunch of other stuff that is hard to swallow... if they'd just do this EV Rebate alone and iron out the disagreements, it'd be done and we'd have some certainty as to where we're headed but again, they're just going to squander this hold on D.C. to pass crap, and let the Green Stuff die... and remember, we die, without the Green Agenda!!!!!
It's just a shame they just can't ram stuff through because then they'll just blame the Rs... stupid and boring, IMHO, since the Rs are so out of power it's funny.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
It's certainly not sarcasm... I mean, I've been following politics since the early 90s (yes, I am a bit younger than some) and all too often now-a-days, the Dems routinely let a minority of their party derail their agenda and then when they lose chambers in the mid-terms, they blame the evil Rs... when it was their own folks who scuttled their ship. Tip O'neill would never let this happen back in the day... Lock Step or else!!!! Bring Back the Cloak Room Deals while we have a lock on D.C.!!!!
I mean about "good" things. There is nothing good in the entitlements provided by the governments for taxpayers money. Every single new entitlement should be very carefully debated and evaluated - do we really need it that badly...... Instead the bill was about to create a bunch of new entitlements like that in one swipe action...... I'm not worried that the tiny minority is standing on the way of that agenda...... I'm worried that the minority is THAT tiny.
I'm also worried that bipartisan and extremely important bill is on the chopping block now as a result of the stupidest political blackmail I can remember.....

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Certainly it is not the ONLY thing determining my purchase, nor does this rebate make or break my purchase, but seriously... this is really the most simple thing 'these people' could do, simply up the cut off to 600k cars, and renew the $7,500...
The bill doesn't give or take anything from those who is waiting for Mach E

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Welcome to American politics.
Right. I get that but to have the lock on D.C. and then lose it possibly but then blame the completely-out-of-power party when it's your own people is dumb.
If they'd just do this stuff little by little, the American Lemmings wouldn't notice, but even the 'friendly' stations can't help but report on the '3.5 Trillion' dollar package, thus drawing attention to things that had they just stayed small and below the caring public's radar, could be passed and signed by now!!!!

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
The bill doesn't give or take anything from those who is waiting for Mach E
It sure does if I want my piece of the free money!!!!!
Print Baby Print!!!!

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
It sure does if I want my piece of the free money!!!!!
Print Baby Print!!!!
If bill is passed - we'll get $7500 with no extra $4500...... if bill is not passed - we'll still get $7500............. so nothing for us there......

OP
OP

wombats3

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Mach E Premium EX AWD (Dark Matter Gray)
Country flag
If bill is passed - we'll get $7500 with no extra $4500...... if bill is not passed - we'll still get $7500............. so nothing for us there......
They could lower the value requirement of the car or individual's income requirements.

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Posted in another thread but here's current information on EV bills from House and Senate.

Here's a compiled list of the House and Senate versions of the EV bills being proposed. This is in addition to the current $7500 that the MME qualifies for. The MME won't qualify for the US assembly or the Union Made. The House version has more restrictions; income limits, vehicle type price limits, and a 10 year time frame, but would allow for a secondary credit for Used EVs purchases that isn't currently an option under the Senate plan. The senate plan has an overall price cap of $80k per vehicle, no income limit, and doesn't expire until EV sales exceed 50% of total vehicle sales.
Screenshot_20211024-221707_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot from ZETA link to the article from Green Reports see attached screenshot or read the article here: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1133669_ev-tax-credit-boost-how-the-versions-compare

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the bills when written will have an effective date even when passed at a later Date.

so if really concerned follow what is drafted and they will say for all cars purchased after a certain date This will apply and old law will apply to all cars purchased before effective date.

the effective date could be when bill is drafted or date bill is passed.

not the answer someone wants but a reality of what will happen.

not always logical or fair.
Sponsored