Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Check out this article published in U.S. News on the 14 least reliable new cars in the USA. The MME tops the list!!

However, the article also points out that "you’ll be hard-pressed to find any other glaring faults with this sporty electric crossover".
Click bait article. JD Power states “You may want to consider an all-new model for its innovative styling and technology. Since J.D. Power ratings are based on real owners' opinions, this data won't be available until enough people have purchased this model to meet our rigorous survey standards.” US News does not mention that But report the number generated without good explanation Or owner pros and cons.They mention predicted reliability. Is that crystal ball or Ouija board data? Yes there have been recalls. Then there are Tesla “stealth vehicle recalls”

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Sure let’s label it clickbait and ignore it, and while we’re at it let’s ignore the reliability problems with PAAK, profiles, CarPlay, headlight knob, trip computer, “key not found”, HVBJB, FordPass…. Nothing to see here!

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
As an early HVBJB victim, it’s hard for me to disagree with this ranking. No new car, especially a supposedly more reliable EV, should need to be towed in at 3000 miles. The center screen refusing to turn on and requiring a reboot every morning in the cold also severely dampened my enjoyment for the first 6 months.
Me too. Being stranded twice (HVBJB), one time 400 miles from home, didn't help. I don't know what the percentage of cars were impacted by the HVBJB, but any defect that causes their owners to be stranded is probably going to drag down the reliability score quite a bit. The apparent redesign of the HVBJB should probably give the MME a boost in future model year reliability scores, though.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Me too. Being stranded twice (HVBJB), one time 400 miles from home, didn't help. I don't know what the percentage of cars were impacted by the HVBJB, but any defect that causes their owners to be stranded is probably going to drag down the reliability score quite a bit. The apparent redesign of the HVBJB should probably give the MME a boost in future model year reliability scores, though.
Plus unfortunately it's also the number of cars going to be affected. Potentially all up to May 2022 production. Until then we're all waiting for the inevitable day...

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I can only speak for myself. I have owned my 2022 premium for 5 months and have put just under 4k miles on it. It has run perfectly. No issues whatsoever. All of the updates take place overnight. The only time I had to take it back to the dealer was to have the recall update installed and they only kept it for a half day.
I love the car and would not hesitate to purchase another one.

Rpgonzalez

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Not to mention there are still people who haven't been able to get their windshield/roof-fall-off recall done yet, which is over a year old at this point.

Agreed in general, aside from PaaK.

There are the normal PaaK woes (takes 30 seconds to connect, have to open FordPass, have to restart phone, etc), which are very annoying, but I wouldn't consider "reliability" issues.

But a good number of us have had it where (usually after a FordPass update, IIRC) PaaK completely fails to operate, which is a reliability issue already if you don't remember your door key or backup passcode, and then on top of it, the car simply doesn't prompt you for your passcode, so you're stranded. THAT's PaaK unreliability
My Model 3 did NOT do any better. Actually, the only reason I accept the Mach-e's Paak is because Ive had so many infuriating moments (with the Tesla) in the cold holding my baby, struggling to even get the handle to pop-out only to pull at the handle violently with no success.

I get less mad with the mach-e because repeatedly mashing a little button doesn't get me as heated as repeatedly pulling a handle for some reason. Ive almost ripped the handle off the door lol.

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Check out this article published in U.S. News on the 14 least reliable new cars in the USA. The MME tops the list!!

However, the article also points out that "you’ll be hard-pressed to find any other glaring faults with this sporty electric crossover".
It’s there with a bunch or Audis, Mercedes and Volvos. And they all have high overall scores. I have 3 friends with MMEs totaling 30 months of ownership. Number of problems - 0. Luck of the draw or different view of a problem. I wouldn’t know. The personal computer, PC, is now 40 years old. Still tons of room for improvement. Could someone please tell me how to get rid of Cortana. And I have to power down my phone a couple of times a week to get rid of bugs that pop up.

PharaohHound138

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E premium
Occupation
Railroad
Country flag
Are we all feigning disbelief about why it's considered the least reliable? Yes, the article should have been more obvious about why, but the MME had a major recall that forced the car off the market for a period of time. And the "fix" that allowed them to sell it again isn't ... it just warns you when it's going to happen. This doesn't even count software update issues, a 12V battery prone to discharging, etc.

We all know the issues this car has at this point. I'm hopeful my 2022 Job 2 will be less problematic when it shows up, but I can be honest that the first year and a half of this car has been rough.
then why would you buy another one?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag

Oh what a surprise, the Chinese Owned, JD Power ranks MachE least reliable car. When the Chinese Government purchased JD Power, all of their credibility went with it. (XIO never did reveal the source of it's "Private Equity". My own oppion matters and after a wonderful 14 months with our MachE First Edition, we bought a 22 GT Perf. Edition. So get your info where you will, but JD Power is not the source for mine. It's my own experience.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yeah, my contractors failed just before the new part came out, luckily there was enough of a delay (5 weeks in the shop) that I received the new version.

Just got my vehicle back from service today, they corrected the hands-free tailgate failure, applied the BECM update and gave me a second key fob. I was told that engineering is working on Blue Cruise concerns (it’s never worked) but there is no update available at this time?!?! 🙄
It also does not appear that they fixed my lane centering failure (3rd time not an charm.)

There was a red GT Performance sitting on the lot with a $10k markup. I’d almost pay it at this point to get a fully functioning MME- i also noticed that the windshield to pano roof is near perfectly aligned with little step- so probably little wind noise- the step up on mine is pretty pronounced, and the tailgate is also aligned very well, unlike my problem child. The dealer has worked on the tailgate and replaced the hinges, so now it will open all the way but looks poor compared to the GT on the lot. It’s a shame really.

Looks like I should arrange another trip to the dealer, but this time to the much less convenient one in another town. So frustrating. My last OTA update was back in June, maybe I’m in for a surprise treat soon?

My thoughts exactly. :) I still can't wait for any excuse to drive it, it's just the contactor ticking time bomb issue.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I think the consensus is that the MACH-E school report is "could do better" Unfortunately I think we are classed as the "development team" and the car was rushed to try and compete with Tesla (aargh I said the one who should not be named). There is really no excuse for sticking contactors, poor windscreen and glass roof adhesion. Surely the contactor issue could have been found in hundreds of thousands of miles of development testing unless the part was cheaped out at the behest of the bean counters? I suppose we should be lucky the wheels haven't fallen off.

I can understand software bugs that need to be ironed out but not manufacturing defects. It's not as though Ford is a new car company.
Sponsored