JD Power: MME "Least Reliable New Car"

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think the consensus is that the MACH-E school report is "could do better" Unfortunately I think we are classed as the "development team" and the car was rushed to try and compete with Tesla (aargh I said the one who should not be named). There is really no excuse for sticking contactors, poor windscreen and glass roof adhesion. Surely the contactor issue could have been found in hundreds of thousands of miles of development testing unless the part was cheaped out at the behest of the bean counters? I suppose we should be lucky the wheels haven't fallen off.

I can understand software bugs that need to be ironed out but not manufacturing defects. It's not as though Ford is a new car company.
Honestly surprised that “Hecho in Mexico” hasn’t been brought up yet.

US built Fords seem to do better.
Sponsored

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
then why would you buy another one?
Did I ever say I would? Also, Ford still hasn’t even delivered mine to me (built mid-August!) so I’m not exactly inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. So far, the entire experience of trying to get one has been miserable, so I’m setting my expectations really low for my first Ford.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I agree with this assessment regarding reliability. My First Edition MMe stranded me in the cold with a 12v issue while I had to jump my frunk, remove panels, attach a tender (etc). It has been in for warranty work 3 times (at almost 1 month each time), and remains glitchy AF.
To this day I deem it too unreliable to take to visit my son (3 hours away) because charging on the road could cause my contacts to freeze/weld open/shut while I’m hundreds of miles from home (so I take another car that is more reliable.

BUT, I’m still enamored with my grabber blue MMe and I could probably sell it today for only a modest loss. Said another way, I still like the car even though I don’t trust it at all.

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Oh what a surprise, the Chinese Owned, JD Power ranks MachE least reliable car. When the Chinese Government purchased JD Power, all of their credibility went with it. (XIO never did reveal the source of it's "Private Equity". My own oppion matters and after a wonderful 14 months with our MachE First Edition, we bought a 22 GT Perf. Edition. So get your info where you will, but JD Power is not the source for mine. It's my own experience.
I never received a JD Power survey. In my sample size of one, it is the best vehicle on multiple levels that I have owned, including styling, comfort, handling, acceleration, quiet ride, and excellent sound system. I have a job 1 2021.

Bobcat17

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
True…… but it’s the tech that’s horribly unreliable.

Owned my car for exactly a year now.

Haven’t had a single week without some software glitch.

There was a while where I had a different random glitch daily.

And if your car has random daily glitches…… I wouldn’t call it unreliable.

Luckily, only one required a trip to the dealer (suspension fault), but we shouldn’t have to just “get used to” our cars not working properly.
Sorry to hear about your issues but it is likely just luck (or unluck) of the draw. I bought my MME June of 21, have 19k miles and have only had 1 glitch where screen went black until I turned car off and back on as car rebooted and things were fine from then on.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your issues but it is likely just luck (or unluck) of the draw. I bought my MME June of 21, have 19k miles and have only had 1 glitch where screen went black until I turned car off and back on as car rebooted and things were fine from then on.
Yep our first one didn't take it for the glass recalls let the dealer do that in trade. PAAk was off and on at first, no blue Cruise until month we sold it. Zero issues. Our 22 has 1700 trouble free miles and we would buy another in a minute.
Sponsored