Jeep Is Installing Solar Chargers Off-Road On The Rubicon And In Moab For The New Hybrid Wrangler

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
This Jeep will have a 16kWh battery and it is unknown how much (13kWh?) is usable. It must have a 6.6kW on board charger if when the Jeep information states it will take around 2 hours to fill on a level 2-32 amp charger via amazon. The 50 mpge is less than 1/2 of the CMax Energi (109 mpge) that I use . Then again, the Jeep goes off road, this Ford does not. Solar charger? Good for them. How many?

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
This Jeep will have a 16kWh battery and it is unknown how much (13kWh?) is usable. It must have a 6.6kW on board charger if when the Jeep information states it will take around 2 hours to fill on a level 2-32 amp charger via amazon. The 50 mpge is less than 1/2 of the CMax Energi (109 mpge) that I use . Then again, the Jeep goes off road, this Ford does not. Solar charger? Good for them. How many?
17 kWH according to the story. The story says:

Of course, eventually other hybrid vehicles that can make it to the charging stations (which will be conveniently located around campsites) will likely be able to use them also.

which is the more interesting part to me - ties back to the "camping mode" use case and the like, as I see it. It's not necessarily useful for the long range charge or anything like that but it is interesting that you'll be able to do it at all, even for low amounts of charge.

But being on the trails, it's likely a place no MME would ever go. Hence the "off-topic" forum. ;)
Sponsored