MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I’d love an electric Wrangler! I’m toying around with the idea of converting mine but suspect by the time I get around to it, I’ll be able to buy a new EV Jeep instead.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
When Jeep has a full battery Wrangler, my days as a Mach E owner will be over
Please understand that there is absolutely no judgement behind the question I am about to ask. Why would you get rid of your Mach-E for a Wrangler, rather than adding a Wrangler to your stable? I feel like they are very different vehicles, that can do different things better.

I can understand that money is a thing, and that garage space is a thing. I’m just shocked reading your comment. Again, no judgement, just curiosity. I could absolutely see an electric Wrangler happily living beside my Mach-E in time.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Would definitely make room in the stable and add one. Which one to drive though? Choices, choices...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
When the Bronco goes BEV, your Jeep days will be over, lol....
My wife would be interested in that for sure. She looked at the PHEV Wrangler and we are test driving one soon but I don't really understand why they didn't use a power split transmission. With a 17kWh battery on board and only 21 miles of EV range is kinda horrible. The Magneto concept is a long way off from real production.

Would like to see what Ford does with a BEV Bronco. That could be something worth looking into.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I’ve seen the Broncos. Not BEV yet, but the full size ones that will be on the road later this year. Even the Bronco Sport doesn’t look as maneuverable as the Wrangler. If I were gonna go bushwhacking, the Wrangler is likely the vehicle I’d choose. In more open space, the Bronco might make more sense.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Please understand that there is absolutely no judgement behind the question I am about to ask. Why would you get rid of your Mach-E for a Wrangler, rather than adding a Wrangler to your stable? I feel like they are very different vehicles, that can do different things better.

I can understand that money is a thing, and that garage space is a thing. I’m just shocked reading your comment. Again, no judgement, just curiosity. I could absolutely see an electric Wrangler happily living beside my Mach-E in time.
Because money is a thing and garage space is a thing. I am at the upper end of my comfort level, but still comfortably able to, afford my Mach E. Two $50-60k cars is not in my budget. Congrats if you're able to afford it but I am but a lowly Millennial with a two car garage that is already full, and a larger house is also not in the cards. I agree they're two totally different vehicles but I just can't afford two. I could get by with a Jeep because I could tow a trailer if needed for the cargo space I might lose by dumping the Mach E

I do kind of want a Jeep *now* and I'm seriously considering saving up and getting a beater Jeep for the weekends, but even those are priced higher than they're really worth these days

I doubt it. I've owned 3 Jeeps in my lifetime, I doubt I would get any other off road SUV

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I’ve seen the Broncos. Not BEV yet, but the full size ones that will be on the road later this year. Even the Bronco Sport doesn’t look as maneuverable as the Wrangler. If I were gonna go bushwhacking, the Wrangler is likely the vehicle I’d choose. In more open space, the Bronco might make more sense.
I have seen and driven the Bronco. Sadly, I wasn't able to take it off road but my first impressions are the vehicle is very capable. We have a Rubicon at home so I am familiar with the Rubi's capabilities. I think the Bronco will surprise you.

20210320_153523.jpg

20210320_153456.jpg