Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Total UX update . . . hopefully with Field, this is a positive move. As far as BC goes, still waiting.
Hello John.
This is Nikos.
Having fun with your Mach E.??
About that BC. Have you received the OTA update 2.5.2 followed by 2.5.3 to activate it yet.?? Those are the updates to make BC working on your Mach E. I enrolled in the EA program and got the updates. BC is working right now. Patience or a knowledgeable technician at your local dealership might help you in the meantime.
Good luck. I am having a good time with my Mach E.
Sponsored

Zach@granger

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
Country flag
Found this interesting and insightful on Ford's approach to EVs, but most notably...

"That new charger-locator interface will eventually come to the Mustang Mach-E, which is due for a major software update later this year that will refresh the entire interface displayed on the screens in the car. Farley likens it to an iPhone update, saying “the whole UX is going to change.” Farley has set ambitious goals for OTA software updates in the future, part of Farley’s push to rethink cars as “digital vehicles,” but it’s off to a slow start. “We’re still not shipping enough software to the car,” he says. Field, coming off stints from Apple and Tesla, has begun to improve things.

“We had some difficulties with BlueCruise when Doug got here,” Farley says, discussing Ford’s level 2 driver-assistance system, which was released as a software update for vehicles that had the right hardware. “We had designed the over-the-air update for BlueCruise in three different tranches, and that just was not going to work. So we’ve simplified it down. We’re getting a lot of BlueCruise downloads now.”

At least the man at the top knows they've gotta get better in this regard. Other things that caught my eye:

1. They expect to run out of tax credits late this year/early next. Heavy lobbying to up the bar.
  2. Android based Sync will not be backwards compatible with cars shipping with Sync4A
  3. Battery capacity is the main limiter to 150k production rate for Lightning.
  4. They're prioritizing chips for EVs over other cars in their lineup.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/26/23042056/the-f-150-lightning-is-finally-shipping-is-ford-ready
They are absolutely going to make sure the EVs get first priority. No question about that.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
They are absolutely going to make sure the EVs get first priority. No question about that.
Are you sure you want to wade into the water with all the piranhas here? There are so many people with bad dealer experiences in this forum, so I hope you have tough skin! BTW - both dealers I dealt with were good, so no worries from me.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Hello John.
This is Nikos.
Having fun with your Mach E.??
About that BC. Have you received the OTA update 2.5.2 followed by 2.5.3 to activate it yet.?? Those are the updates to make BC working on your Mach E. I enrolled in the EA program and got the updates. BC is working right now. Patience or a knowledgeable technician at your local dealership might help you in the meantime.
Good luck. I am having a good time with my Mach E.
Hi Nikos. I am on 2.4.2 and I am also in the EA program. 2.4.3 has failed in 4 attempts to update on my car. No time to mess with the dealer right now. Loving my car, but the update sequence with OTA has been perplexing.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Hi Nikos. I am on 2.4.2 and I am also in the EA program. 2.4.3 has failed in 4 attempts to update on my car. No time to mess with the dealer right now. Loving my car, but the update sequence with OTA has been perplexing.
Great to hear from you.
Having learned so much from my Mach E that I ordered my Lightning. End of June I hope to be delivered. One thing leads to another. Almost 80% EV.
From what I am reading in this forum, Ford is listening and reading our complaints.
Hopefully they have a fix for your stubborn problem. Take care.

Zach@granger

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
Country flag
Are you sure you want to wade into the water with all the piranhas here? There are so many people with bad dealer experiences in this forum, so I hope you have tough skin! BTW - both dealers I dealt with were good, so no worries from me.
haha, I promise. I'm not one of those dealers.

This isn't new territory for me. We've been active on forums (although not the Mach E) and usually come out unscatched. :)
Sponsored