Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Yep. Hell, it might be worse. I'm not impressed with the native Android Auto in polestar.

Seems like the primary motive is to sell the vehicle owner as a product. I'm not interested in seeing an add for air freshener pop up if I fart on my way to work. :)
Just to be clear: Android Auto and Android Automotive (the subject of this thread) are two completely different products. Android Automotive is an operating system that runs Sync. Android Auto is an app that runs on many car OS systems including Android Automotive.

It's a shame their names are very similar. Kinda like Java and JavaScript. Two completely different products that work, act, look, and feel very different.
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
For the most part I don't really interact with Sync. Maybe once in a while to change settings. 99% of my interaction is with Android Auto. So, from my point of view, I don't really care if Sync gets upgrades, I only care that Android Auto is kept up to date, something done by Google not Ford and which seems to be happening on a regular basis.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Too early to speculate whether the Sync upgrade will include on-route battery preconditioning? 😁

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Almost all of my infotainment needs are met by Apple CarPlay. I’m looking forward to when GTs get the OTAs that enable greater EV trip planning in Apple Maps that includes charging stops since that’s the only thing I use the native navigation system for (assuming the iOS trip planner uses the same info as Sync 4a does).

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Too early to speculate whether the Sync upgrade will include on-route battery preconditioning? 😁
Some unverified reports on here from interactions with supposed Ford engineers at charging stops that said it was coming, so hopefully.

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
I love how he says “a lot of BlueCruise downloads” although they’re still in EA and most dealers don’t know what they’re doing at this point. I think the poll on here shows less than a smooth transition.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I love how he says “a lot of BlueCruise downloads” although they’re still in EA and most dealers don’t know what they’re doing at this point. I think the poll on here shows less than a smooth transition.
Downloads was intentionally vague, it’s happening. OTA has fared better it seems.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
They had to close order banks because of demand. The MME is definitely not at the “take it behind the barn and shoot it” stage.
And considering Jim Farley has recently stated Ford plans to ramp up Mach-e production to 200,000 units per year beginning in 2023, I’d say the MME is far from dead.

sborsch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME; 2020 Lexus NX300 Hybrid
Occupation
I.T. Consultant
Country flag
I read that the official Lightning launch is today. It would be informative to know how many Mach-E owners have reservations for the Lightning.
When I saw the first review on the Lightning, I salivated over the features. “Wow!, Ford really nailed it with this truck!” but the F150 is longer than my garage is deep, longer than my driveway, and being here in California — the place where every yahoo parks on the street, even off-road pickups that have never gone off-road — the MME just makes perfect sense for us.

That said, Ford is gonna sell the heck out of these vehicles.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The Lightening will be Ford's new prize. The Mach-E is dead, but it hasn't stopped rolling yet.
You really have no idea what you're talking about.
Sponsored