2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Personally, I want the opportunity to opt out of ui updates. Performance improvements to existing ui, bring them on.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I just saw Farley on Mad Money (not a show I typically watch). He's a great CEO and he might actually get Ford on track. However, these wildly high production forecasts just seem like pure fantasy. I don't know how Wall St. is buying into Ford's forecasts. I have a car sitting in Mexico for three weeks built and sitting for no apparent reason after 6 months since ordering. Build week groups from Q1 are still chasing their cars down on trains and trucks. If they can't move 7,000 Q1 cars from the plant to dealers without such strains and delays how are they going to move 600,000 EV's in 2023? I'm talking just moving built cars vs. sourcing chips and building them; which will also be a herculean task. Something is not adding up.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
The Lightening will be Ford's new prize. The Mach-E is dead, but it hasn't stopped rolling yet.
The Lightning is definitely getting its moment in the sun, but that doesn't mean the MME is suddenly dead and won't get any updates or upgrades as time goes by. You don't spend billions on a completely new model, including a completely new powertrain and then kill the model 2 years later. That's pure folly. When the next EV from Ford comes out, the Lightning will join the MME in the back of the room, quietly churning out more and more sales and building a reputation and a following.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
Is the Andoid based Sync the "total UI refresh"? In other words - is the total refresh yet another feature that won't be available to us early adopters? Like BlueCruise, remote frunk opener?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is the Andoid based Sync the "total UI refresh"? In other words - is the total refresh yet another feature that won't be available to us early adopters? Like BlueCruise, remote frunk opener?
No.

Sync 4A will get a refresh .

BlueCruise and remote frunk opener are both coming.

Having the car running on the Android system will NOT be compatible with 2021s, or 2022s.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I just saw Farley on Mad Money (not a show I typically watch). He's a great CEO and he might actually get Ford on track. However, these wildly high production forecasts just seem like pure fantasy. I don't know how Wall St. is buying into Ford's forecasts. I have a car sitting in Mexico for three weeks built and sitting for no apparent reason after 6 months since ordering. Build week groups from Q1 are still chasing their cars down on trains and trucks. If they can't move 7,000 Q1 cars from the plant to dealers without such strains and delays how are they going to move 600,000 EV's in 2023? I'm talking just moving built cars vs. sourcing chips and building them; which will also be a herculean task. Something is not adding up.
Ford is mimicking Tesla. Ford manned mission to Uranus in 2025! 😁

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
For everyone worried about Sync 4A being unsupported....remember that Ford has tied at least 2 subscription services (BlueCruise and Maps) to 4A. They have skin in the game to make sure that customers are satisfied with the existing product in future years.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’m kinda confused about Farleys statements about simplifying BlueCruise updates, saying it was too much in 3 tranches but isn’t the current deployment more than 3?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I’m kinda confused about Farleys statements about simplifying BlueCruise updates, saying it was too much in 3 tranches but isn’t the current deployment more than 3?
More updates is probably simpler, since they're not trying to do so many modules in each update.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
NO. The "refresh" will be a sync4a UI refresh that you will be able to get. You might not get it on the first day, but you will be able to get it.

The android-based UI is for future cars that aren't going to be built for quite a while.

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
Question: What is meant by the below?

"Android based Sync will not be backwards compatible with cars shipping with Sync4A"

Does this mean that Android based sync will not run on the hardware currently being shipped on cars that are on the road today?

Or does this mean that the Android based sync will not be compatible with previous sync 4A apps?
Android based sync will not run on the hardware currently being shipped on cars that are on the road today. The question is will it come to the Mach e for MY23 or 24.

OP
OP
ElectrifyCLT

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
For everyone worried about Sync 4A being unsupported....remember that Ford has tied at least 2 subscription services (BlueCruise and Maps) to 4A. They have skin in the game to make sure that customers are satisfied with the existing product in future years.
This. 100%