duneii

First Name
Siri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in '18, Mach E LR AWD-order
Country flag
Nice to see the note. It's definitely true we are "ahead of the <adoption> curve". Nice gesture of Ford to give and ship for free given they are losing money on each EV currently and other companies have not announced free adapters.

Now only if Ford/Lincoln would release a 6 seat 3 row EV for our next vehicle...

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Nice to see the note. It's definitely true we are "ahead of the <adoption> curve". Nice gesture of Ford to give and ship for free given they are losing money on each EV currently and other companies have not announced free adapters.

Now only if Ford/Lincoln would release a 6 seat 3 row EV for our next vehicle...
I was happy to see they are working on 800v. It's my biggest pain point.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was happy to see they are working on 800v. It's my biggest pain point.
Who from Ford explicitly gave that information? Are you referring to the clickbait article that said they COULD be working on 800v?

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
I'm sure most won't care, but I like that they made an effort to go renewable with the cardboard box instead of a plastic shrinkwrap. Yes I know the adapter and padding are plastic, but it's still a lot less than it could be.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Just wondering outloud here: I have a ship date of April; but in general I'm 1-3 months behind in getting OTA's once I see them start popping up on the forum. For instance, I received 6.8.0 about 2-3 weeks ago.

Is it possible I receive the Adaptor prior to getting the OTA to use it?? Or do you think Ford will push this OTA out faster to the "herd"?

Bilyjck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Select and many motorcycles
Country flag
That's great, Ford did similar notes/accessories when I got my Maverick. Will there be problems with length/location of Tesla charging cable?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This is a nice touch -- words from Ford CEO Jim Farley inside the packaging for the NACS Adapter.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Jim Farley's Note to owners as they open the NACS Adapter box πŸ“ GHibx7rWMAAith9

Ford Mustang Mach-E Jim Farley's Note to owners as they open the NACS Adapter box πŸ“ GHibx7rWMAAith9
It's a lovely presentation for a cardboard box!

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
That's great, Ford did similar notes/accessories when I got my Maverick. Will there be problems with length/location of Tesla charging cable?
Yes, cable are short. You need to part in the next stall.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Just wondering outloud here: I have a ship date of April; but in general I'm 1-3 months behind in getting OTA's once I see them start popping up on the forum. For instance, I received 6.8.0 about 2-3 weeks ago.

Is it possible I receive the Adaptor prior to getting the OTA to use it?? Or do you think Ford will push this OTA out faster to the "herd"?
There was a post on the Lightning forum where a user charged successfully using the aftermarket adapter by activating the charger in the Tesla app. So I think it will work, just no P&C.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

It's an excellent question. I just received 6.2.0 and was wondering the same thing.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

I am on 6.7 and got the update yesterday, but I left my car running for an hour while plugged in to charge the LVB. Maybe your LVB is too low?