John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium (Cyber Orange)
Occupation
Web Nerd
Country flag
That's no small thing and should not be undersold. I hate plastic and Styrofoam packaging as it is largely unnecessary. Not exactly surprised given Ford's recent rankings on the purity of its supply chain. Oh so yah, I care. 😁
Just want to throw in my hat with the "I care about non-plastic packaging" crowd. I love it when a company uses mostly cardboard for product packaging, especially since the vast majority of recyclable plastic still ends up in landfills.

I also appreciate the engineering involved in making product packaging out of folded cardboard with minimal amounts of tape or wire ties. It's fascinating to see what they come up with.

Edit: Because someone reacted with the laughing emoji, I should note that the above was sincere. It may not sound like it if you don't care about packaging materials (which is fine; you do you), but I find it an interesting subject.
Sponsored

Last edited:

melissphillips

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Just wondering outloud here: I have a ship date of April; but in general I'm 1-3 months behind in getting OTA's once I see them start popping up on the forum. For instance, I received 6.8.0 about 2-3 weeks ago.

Is it possible I receive the Adaptor prior to getting the OTA to use it?? Or do you think Ford will push this OTA out faster to the "herd"?

Was wondering the same thing, I'm on 6.6 and haven't had an update since 12/15/23

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
I hate ford, I think farley is a chronic liar (which ceo millionaire isn't?), and I had such a terrible experience with my Mach-e i sold it within the first year of purchase.

But i gotta admit that letter, gifting the adapters, all of this is just awesome. Classy move, Ford. I'm happy you guys are happy and that you guys love your Mach-E's so much!

(edit: i didnt hate ford before i bought the car)

jtmyrand

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GTPE, 2023 F-250 Super Duty
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Just wondering outloud here: I have a ship date of April; but in general I'm 1-3 months behind in getting OTA's once I see them start popping up on the forum. For instance, I received 6.8.0 about 2-3 weeks ago.

Is it possible I receive the Adaptor prior to getting the OTA to use it?? Or do you think Ford will push this OTA out faster to the "herd"?

I already have the updates in both my car and the FordPass. Now just waiting for the adaptor which my reservation indicated I won't get mine until July.

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
Sorry, new to this. Is this adapter only for F150 Lightning owners?

Zap77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium; 2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Auditor
Country flag
Sorry, new to this. Is this adapter only for F150 Lightning owners?
Works for the Mach-e, too.
You can order/reserve the adapter through Connected Services in your Ford Pass app.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

I'm on 6.6 and have been since December 5. I received the Plug & Charge Tesla update yesterday.

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
Who from Ford explicitly gave that information? Are you referring to the clickbait article that said they COULD be working on 800v?
I’ll keep saying this, but I don’t care that much about 800v. It can lead to more problems (look at Hyundai / Kia that are going to be hamstrung at superchargers).

Ford just needs to improve the battery harness and thermals so that their EVs support a better charging curve that sustains higher rates for longer periods of time

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MDX Tech+SHAWD, 2017 GLE550e, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
That was nice gesture from Ford!! Did you have to do anything to get this GIFT? Or it just came in by itself? Thanks.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Well I just got the 24-PU0119-DC-CHG4 update today, and my last power-up was 6.3.0, so now we know.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That was nice gesture from Ford!! Did you have to do anything to get this GIFT? Or it just came in by itself? Thanks.
You have to register for it. Other threads here have the details of how to do it, including the one from Ford

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Well I just got the 24-PU0119-DC-CHG4 update today, and my last power-up was 6.3.0, so now we know.
Yes, I received it yesterday. Interesting this update is going out much quicker than any other one!!
Sponsored