John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Sorry late to the party but congrats and gorgeous Mach-E!
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Right, I do remember that. For the life of me, I cannot find anything on Ford's official website besides the shot I posted above which is worded somewhat strangely. Googl'ing, I see the marketing material on many dealer specific websites is clearer. This same info appears on many dealers, seemingly indicated it's really coming from Ford corporate and dealers just copied it. What is interesting, though, is that I still contend that the wording seems to hint that on models without a panoramic roof, there is no IRR on the front windshield.

Here is a (random) dealer example:
https://www.murraysford.net/2021-mustang-mach-e.htm

1613059273897.png
The order guide for the Select says windshield -- laminated glass. While the order guide for Premium and California Route 1 says "Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof with Infrared Reflective (IRR) Windshield."

So yes, it seems that there are two types of windshields, depending on trim.

There are also variations for the front door glass. Only the Premium/First Edition indicate "Acoustic Laminate Glass – Front-Row Side Windows," so the other trims might not be using laminated panels.

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
different angle

D181C2AA-BD78-482C-8F28-22E2AE16B1F2.jpeg

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
another look

134E8FE6-4158-4021-A107-5D7AD3137324.jpeg

4C8CD10B-4280-4C0D-893A-C026ED6CAF21.jpeg

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
another shot of the puddle lights when volunteering the other night

46B33AD8-2A28-4572-868F-7F3FAAC0FF62.jpeg

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
21B02 software calibration update done today by dealership
"it may be possible after charging the vehicle and using remote start, the vehicle may experience a no start and there may also be DTC POD2D in the secondary on board control module C"

- performed a powertrain control module software update as per customer satisfaction campaign 21B02
- also programmed the SOBDMC-BECM and SOBMD
- system is now operating as designed

i dropped the car off at 8am and it was ready for pick up at 3pm. i was hoping it'd like like 5 minutes like with an iPhone but per the service rep, the files are quite large, require downloading (sometimes taking a few attempts due to interrupted internet access) and then uploading to the car. and in this "update" multiple modules required updating, thus it took a few hours.

since it was their 1st mach-e doing this update, he didn't know how long it'd take when i dropped it off in the morning, so he said hopefully by end of day. but he even offered a free rental when i stopped by at lunch in case they needed it overnight to finish the job.

Last edited:

vf1j527

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Civic Type R, 2014 Fiesta ST
Occupation
FinTech Project Mgr
Country flag
another look

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added 46B33AD8-2A28-4572-868F-7F3FAAC0FF62

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added 46B33AD8-2A28-4572-868F-7F3FAAC0FF62
Congrats on the new toy! I'm also leaning towards the black on black stealth look. Are the trim pieces a different shade of black? Hard to tell, as it seems to vary from photo to photo. May as well ask a real world owner!

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
various shades of gray i’d say. not totally monochromatic :). the ambient lighting and screen add color, as does the beautiful glass roof. the headliner is a light grey/beige i think which also brightens things enough.

my last car was black/black so i am used to it and like it.

Congrats on the new toy! I'm also leaning towards the black on black stealth look. Are the trim pieces a different shade of black? Hard to tell, as it seems to vary from photo to photo. May as well ask a real world owner!

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
20x8.5 jaguar f-pace rims with 245/45/20 michelin pilot sport 4s.

i liked the look of the stock rims, but 19x7 225/55/19 is just too little wheel/tire for this performance oriented car. better for mileage i'm sure, but i don't have the range anxiety some do.

ride comfort now is better than stock despite lower profile tires (testament to the pilot sport 4s, but i've had similar experiences with conti summer tires too... it's what you get when you pay more for good tires). and it feels much more planted now around corners. no more squealing and searching for traction. didn't know the exact offset when i bought them, but they look great - not sticking way out but maybe a touch more flush.

picked up the set of jaguar rims on ebay for $900 and americantire depot had the michelins $290/ea.

not going to lie, love walking up to the car now and not seeing the muscle car on skinny legs/tires look. 8.5 should me a minimum...9-10 especially rear would look even better but 8.5 seems a decent compromise for efficiency, performance and looks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added 79953320-00F6-4F4D-BA78-F4C8C6D5DB42
Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added C4F64184-61AB-4D56-9981-CF17C5176005

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
those wheels seem to have broken your license plate. this is why you have to stick with OEM wheels only!

?

RDZ89

First Name
RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag

i liked the look of the stock rims, but 19x7 225/55/19 is just too little wheel/tire for this performance oriented car. better for mileage i'm sure, but i don't have the range anxiety some do.

ride comfort now is better than stock despite lower profile tires (testament to the pilot sport 4s, but i've had similar experiences with conti summer tires too... it's what you get when you pay more for good tires). and it feels much more planted now around corners. no more squealing and searching for traction.

picked up the set of rims on ebay for $900 and americantire depot had the michelins $290/ea.

not going to lie, love walking up to the car now and not seeing the muscle car on skinny legs/tires look. 8.5 should me a minimum...9-10 especially rear would look even better but 8.5 seems a decent compromise for efficiency, performance and looks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added C4F64184-61AB-4D56-9981-CF17C5176005
Looks good !!! Any more pics?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

ride comfort now is better than stock despite lower profile tires (testament to the pilot sport 4s, but i've had similar experiences with conti summer tires too... it's what you get when you pay more for good tires). and it feels much more planted now around corners. no more squealing and searching for traction. didn't know the exact offset when i bought them, but they look great - not sticking way out but maybe a touch more flush.

picked up the set of jaguar rims on ebay for $900 and americantire depot had the michelins $290/ea.

Besides the lateral traction, have you noticed any difference with the acceleration and braking?

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
didn’t put in the jag center caps on... will pick up some ebay mustang cap decals once i measure and confirm the size

also, tire shop just re-used the tpms valves from the stock tires since i don’t plan to swap back and forth for winter (sunny LA) so saved that expense

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added 1D8AB7BD-4DC6-484A-A5A8-662C396BA641
Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added 227AECA2-AE13-4DE4-8DA2-D094F3B158EC

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
only just got it back from tire shop and with the oem wheels in the back. i haven’t driven too hard not wanting to bang up the rear area with them sliding around :)

but just in town in whisper mode, there’s a subtle slowing of acceleration, to be honest, when lightly starting up from a stop. guessing this is likely due to the larger size of the rims and stickier rubber. haven’t floored it yet.l, but i imagine there will be a lot less wheel slip, and at least of curved exits, a lot less fish-tailing

Besides the lateral traction, have you noticed any difference with the acceleration and braking?
Sponsored