reserved 11/19/19
reservation #: 10012560
ordered 6/30/20
production date 12/5/20
delivery date original 1/27-2/2
changed to 1/11-1/18
pushed back to 1/28-2/3
delivered to dealer (star ford, glendale, ca) 2/1
picking it up tonight 2/2 (met original delivery date, interestingly)

plan is for x-plan, ford options 3yrs

will post updates/photos in coming days!

D09CF25D-0FAD-4D56-9A53-791B0041A14A.png
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
reserved 11/19/19
ordered 6/30/20
production date 12/5/20
changed to 1/11-1/18
pushed back to 1/28-2/3

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added D09CF25D-0FAD-4D56-9A53-791B0041A14A
Great - congrats - good to see ETA being close to actual delivery dates

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
picked up tonight after brief ford options scare (dealer had to do a crash course in it).

initial thoughts...
- big! bigger than i remembered from the la autoshow and extremely roomy inside
- front bucket seats while comfy and nice materials don’t compare to my volvo’s seats (but not many cars do). not as bolstered and definitely more wide american vs slim european fit. and at 6’ and 34” inseam, wish the seat bottom was longer and adjustable for tilt
- center armrest goes far enough forward for me (but again, i’m relatively tall)
- edgeless rear view mirror is cool
- appreciate all the storage under the center arm rest, under the phone charge tray and in the door
- driver’s display is smallish but functional
- big display is nice, slight lag but not terrible
- stereo is lovely to listen to and look/feel
- heated steering wheel and seats work great and are quick
- rwd std acceleration is quick enough to get the kids excited (but they’re usually hauled around in the odyssey or their nana’s accord) and fine for strong passing but definitely get the awd or gt for sportier speed
- didn’t get to really push any corners but my volvo c70 has bilsteins with lowering springs so it’s gonna be tough to compare. it’s composed though but along with the ride height difference i can definitely tell i’m driving a suv, not a sports sedan/coupe. will be interested in test driving the gt just to see how a lower and sportier suspension will ride and handle
- ultimate test for me as a cyclist: can i fit my bike in the back without needing to remove any wheels? yes!
- there’s 8 of those plastic snaps to remove the frunk divider - why does everyone say 2? (much more useful for my workout gear/dufflebag without the dumb dividers)

a few initial pics but will post and report more in the next few days

FA91350B-E227-4BD5-AFF7-92B685A21577.jpeg

A622AC45-3F58-432F-A288-FB508571F874.jpeg

7629C74B-0B23-4338-82C0-FDD8231ECA67.jpeg

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Congratulations!

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Congrats. i will pick my car in few days as it delivered to my dealer today

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Congrats!! Looks like all the Cali Stangs have the front license plate factory installed?My dealer stated that mine will not come with it but we shall see. Enjoy!

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
picked up tonight after brief ford options scare (dealer had to do a crash course in it).

initial thoughts...
- front bucket seats while comfy and nice materials don’t compare to my volvo’s seats (but not many cars do). not as bolstered and definitely more wide american vs slim european fit. and at 6’ and 34” inseam, wish the seat bottom was longer and adjustable for tilt
- center armrest goes far enough forward for me (but again, i’m relatively tall)
- appreciate all the storage under the center arm rest, under the phone charge tray and in the door
- rwd std acceleration is quick enough to get the kids excited (but they’re usually hauled around in the odyssey or their nana’s accord) and fine for strong passing but definitely get the awd or gt for sportier speed
- didn’t get to really push any corners but my volvo c70 has bilsteins with lowering springs so it’s gonna be tough to compare. it’s composed though but along with the ride height difference i can definitely tell i’m driving a suv, not a sports sedan/coupe. will be interested in test driving the gt just to see how a lower and sportier suspension will ride and handle
- ultimate test for me as a cyclist: can i fit my bike in the back without needing to remove any wheels? yes!
- there’s 8 of those plastic snaps to remove the frunk divider - why does everyone say 2? (much more useful for my workout gear/dufflebag without the dumb dividers)

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added 7629C74B-0B23-4338-82C0-FDD8231ECA67

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added 7629C74B-0B23-4338-82C0-FDD8231ECA67

Gorgeous! Shadow Black w/ Black interior is also what I ordered, cannot believe how nice that shine is. Love the way the wheel lips and front accents meld with the SB color. I think it’s a fabulous look, and exactly what I envisioned...love(d) my Candy Red ‘Stang, am ready for a change.
Finally, after complete radio silence from Ford, got confirm email of “Built” on Sunday the 31st and then BOOM early this morning (Feb 2) SHIPPED Email. I’m due for delivery ETA: March 6-12.

CONGRATS! Excited for you. Enjoy!!

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
reserved 11/19/19
ordered 6/30/20
production date 12/5/20
changed to 1/11-1/18
pushed back to 1/28-2/3

D09CF25D-0FAD-4D56-9A53-791B0041A14A.png
Congrats! Thanks for posting the pic with the bicycle! Did yours come with the charging cord in the trunk? Mine did not.
Also, can you please confirm whether your trunk light comes on or just the blue mustang symbol? I can’t get mine to turn on.
Thirdly, when you have the car on, exit and close the door, does it honk at you twice like mine does? It’s super annoying and I can’t seem to disable that.

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
corners flat and confidently and takes high speed on and off ramps like a champ. haven’t gotten the rear end to come out yet (RWD) but definitely enjoying the dynamics when going in and out of corners hot compared to FWD

turned off propulsion noise. like the serene cabin or just listening to music.

love having apple carplay. 1st car i’ve had to have it and love the integration and big display with easy to hit buttons/icons while driving

lane centering seems a bit jittery, not smooth when there’s a curve in the freeway. probably will rarely use but open to trying again with the ota update with freeway “autopilot” is released later this year.

phone as key works great as does remote functions like locking, windows up/down. can’t wait for remote opening of the frunk is enabled. it’s the perfect location for a gym bag full of damp, workout clothes or muddy shoes in instead of the main cabin.

still adjusting to one pedal drive...finding myself still shifting foot over to the brake pedal but that’s probably a good/safe reaction in case extra/backup braking is needed

some sunrise shots from an early bike ride at LA’s griffth park:

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added 51C31C8F-B4B2-4711-A6E6-8471319C06A5

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added DD3B2EBD-DBB4-46EB-848A-DFECE476E881

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
corners flat and confidently and takes high speed on and off ramps like a champ. haven’t gotten the rear end to come out yet (RWD) but definitely enjoying the dynamics when going in and out of corners hot compared to FWD

love having apple carplay. 1st car i’ve had to have it and love the integration and big display (easy to hit icons while driving)

phone as key works great as does remote functions like locking, windows up/down. can’t wait for remote opening if frunk is enabled. like the idea of a gym bag full of damp, stinky workout clothes or shoes going in there in instead of the main cabin.

still adjusting to one pedal drive...finding myself still shifting foot over to the brake pedal but that’s probably a good/safe reaction in case extra/backup braking is needed

some sunrise shots from an early bike ride at LA’s griffth park

Ford Mustang Mach-E jksu’s Premium STD RWD Shadow Black/Black arrived! - 20” Jag rims added DD3B2EBD-DBB4-46EB-848A-DFECE476E881

I suspect one pedal driving will be something of an adjustment for a lot of people.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

initial thoughts...

Looks Sharp! Congrats. You got it without the frunk divider, or did you have them take it out?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

turned off propulsion noise. like the serene cabin or just listening to music.

love having apple carplay. 1st car i’ve had to have it and love the integration and big display with easy to hit buttons/icons while driving

lane centering seems a bit jittery, not smooth when there’s a curve in the freeway. probably will rarely use but open to trying again with the ota update with freeway “autopilot” is released later this year.

phone as key works great as does remote functions like locking, windows up/down. can’t wait for remote opening of the frunk is enabled. it’s the perfect location for a gym bag full of damp, workout clothes or muddy shoes in instead of the main cabin.

some sunrise shots from an early bike ride at LA’s griffth park:

Looking good - thanks for your opinions so far!

Are you using Android or iOS with PaaK? Guessing iOS? Have you been using it exclusively without issues?

OP
OP
jksu

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes ios 14.4 iphone 12pro.

sometimes the phone has to be on/awake after i approach the car so it’s not perfect. my ideal and i think the intent is to be able to leave it in your pocket and just walk up and be able to kick under the bumper to open the hatch with an armful of groceries. but it’s reliable enough in terms of getting access to the car i’m comfortable leaving the fob at home

Looking good - thanks for your opinions so far!

Are you using Android or iOS with PaaK? Guessing iOS? Have you been using it exclusively without issues?
Sponsored

Last edited: