Job2 FP Data Missing After Recent FDRS Updates (also OTA 2.8.2)

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Update 06/22/22 - issue resolved with the subsequent GWM update here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/06-20-22-gwm-job2-obcc-job1-2-updates.18891/

Update 06/24/22 - This update, which broke my charge data is included in OTA Power-Up 2.8.2. Other Job2 owners who get 2.8.2 might experience the same issues that I had. There is no fix other than installing the newer GWM update via FDRS. Thanks to @WyldStallyn for catching this.

Original Post:

Wondering if anyone here with a Job2 has done the latest GWM update?

After doing the update I'm experiencing limited data in FordPass. I can perform all normal operations with the exception of charging. I get no notifications of charges in progress, no way to "charge to 100%", no charge logs or ability to modify the destination settings.

If anyone else has performed the GWM update from Late May/Early June on either job1 or job2 chime in with your experience.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
No issues for me other than the FordPass bugs since 4.16 on iOS. GWM updated last month.

I'm not sure I have ever had a notification of charge in progress; however, I can view that charge is in progress, receive notifications of completed charge, and am able to activate charge to 100%. I do have charge logs as well.

Regarding destination settings, I don't recall if I have modified anything since the GWM update but I do believe I did make some changes from the app with no issues.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I updated GWM on my 2022 (17th Feb 2022 build date) - no issues here. Charge in progress working ok, hitting 80% SOC notifications working ok too. Charge logs all look good.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Job2 FP Data Missing After Recent FDRS Updates (also OTA 2.8.2) 0D93AF74-C59C-4553-B7B4-E54E0FF1EEC6

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
No issues for me other than the FordPass bugs since 4.16 on iOS. GWM updated last month.

I'm not sure I have ever had a notification of charge in progress; however, I can view that charge is in progress, receive notifications of completed charge, and am able to activate charge to 100%. I do have charge logs as well.

Regarding destination settings, I don't recall if I have modified anything since the GWM update but I do believe I did make some changes from the app with no issues.
Yeah I didn't update FP and the car on the same day. So I know it's because of the updates on the car. I did additional updates at the same time. Most of them powertrain related so I don't think those would cause the issue.

I have received confirmation from my sources that there might be an issue. It may just affect some and not others.

As you can see from the below. The same day I updated the GWM, and other modules, is the same day that I stopped receiving charge data.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Job2 FP Data Missing After Recent FDRS Updates (also OTA 2.8.2) 1655134996049

Ford Mustang Mach-E Job2 FP Data Missing After Recent FDRS Updates (also OTA 2.8.2) Screenshot_20220613-080912

Ford Mustang Mach-E Job2 FP Data Missing After Recent FDRS Updates (also OTA 2.8.2) Screenshot_20220613-080904

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The last GWM update on my Job 1 was on May 1st, but I didn't have any ill effects.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I was told that the rollout of the current GWM was halted so for those who haven't performed it, you might want to hold off. Looks like I might be in the minority with issues, but for some reason Ford has stopped the rollout of it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I did all the updates you did on the same day for my GT PE, 11/2021 build. Not experiencing the same issues. Seems like this one took them a while to catch. Have you attempted to re-pair your phone and re-setup PaaK to see if that fixes it?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I did all the updates you did on the same day for my GT PE, 11/2021 build. Not experiencing the same issues. Seems like this one took them a while to catch. Have you attempted to re-pair your phone and re-setup PaaK to see if that fixes it?
Charge data is present regardless of PaaK so I have not. PaaK works fine and so does all remote function.

I have received info that I assume is probably not for public consumption. So, I'll just say I'm gonna wait a week and maybe there will be a fix. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Looks like we have confirmation that Job 2 OTA 2.8.2 installed the same GWM update that broke my charge data. Since I installed it prior to the OTA I experienced this issue ahead of what, presumably, will be an onslaught of others here with the same issue.

I'll update the thread to provide more detailed information within the next day, but this could be a very wide spread issue with 2.8.2 rolling out.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Looks like we have confirmation that Job 2 OTA 2.8.2 installed the same GWM update that broke my charge data. Since I installed it prior to the OTA I experienced this issue ahead of what, presumably, will be an onslaught of others here with the same issue.

I'll update the thread to provide more detailed information within the next day, but this could be a very wide spread issue with 2.8.2 rolling out.
With charge data like this, what is anyone really going to miss?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
With charge data like this, what is anyone really going to miss?
It's not just charge data. It's also the main screen % of battery left, range, ability to charge to 100%, trip data etc. What I missed the most was charge to 100% because I take a lot of longer trips and use that often. A few times I had to change my charge settings manually in the car, because that was also broken in the app, and then remember to change it back when I was done with that trip.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

So the power up ota mechanism will install earlier versions of software in a module over a newer version?!

That’s some awesome “update” logic they have there.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So the power up ota mechanism will install earlier versions of software in a module over a newer version?!

That’s some awesome “update” logic they have there.
On a positive note.....at least it is consistent. :)

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag

Beginning the onslaught! Confirming the issue in the Job 2 OTA 2.8.2
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...build-2-oct-21-early-access.18964/post-450764
Sponsored