Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
My GT PE had the HVBJB fail on 8/25. Dealing with Ford has been a complete disaster, but wanted people to know that as of 10 minutes ago, the person working the second case at Gord's BEV team confirmed that they have no ETA on replacement parts.

I'm 2 weeks from being qualified to lemon law my car and am likely to do just that. It has become a care that I cannot rely upon, has underengineered critical parts and the dealer and the company both are completely unprepared to support these rolling lottery tickets.

Woe to you who have a similar failure. I just hope the mainstream auto media picks up on this quickly.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I mean. Ok I get the frustration but you're being dramatic. They made a mistake on designing a part, and they just can't get enough supply to satisfy assembly line and replacements which is a common issue these days. Shit happens to all automotive manufacturers and mistakes are made. When mine failed it was frustrating but oh well they fixed it a few weeks later and paid for my rental.

Lemon law the car and then do what, spend more money buying something else? I can't imagine doing that with my car because the market is still stupid and its hard to find what you want.

Let them fix the car and drive it and enjoy it. I bet yours will be fixed within a few weeks.

Look at the BZ4X. Barely been delivered and already a recall. Toyota the company known for reliability can't keep the damn wheels from falling off of a new car lol.

Also no idea what media picking up on it will do. "Wow, Ford had an issue they rectified and are having trouble getting parts like every other manufacturer right now". Such a sensational headline news story.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I think that lemon lawing your car is probably a good decision for you based upon your posts. I wish you great success with whatever EV you find that you think will have better success.

I do find the human psyche very interesting. Global shortages of parts for everything. Shortages of people. Shortages of transportation. And yet, when ME/I is affected, all of a sudden we lose all understanding of what we understood.

I ordered a cell phone from Amazon on 8/29 (2 of them). Great prices on one, below anyone else. Neither ever showed up. Support awful, offshore. Social media team able to order replacements with no expediting, later dates than I could order them. Higher price reorders and they can't "price match" themselves. I have no tolerance for it, because it's ME. o_O 🤔 ;)

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I experienced my HVBJB failure on Friday, September 2nd, and took it immediately to the dealer. Engaged @Ford Motor Company social team immediately. Got a BEV support agent assigned. Didn't get a call until yesterday, 6 days later.

Still no ETA on replacement parts. No update available from the dealer.

I have a rental as a temporary solution, but the support agent assured me Ford would be covering the entire rental as long as this service takes to complete.

The rental isn't bad, a Volvo xc40 recharge, but I miss my car, badly. I want it back, fixed, and I want the experience I was sold on as one of the earliest MME buyers.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They made a mistake on designing a part
I don't know that that's a factual statement.

Did they under-engineer the part?
Did the supplier not make the part to the specifications?
Are there subcomponents that weren't made to specifications?
Was there part testing that wasn't rigorous enough to detect parts not to specifications?

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I experience my HVBJB failure on Friday, September 2nd, and took it immediately to the dealer. Engaged @Ford Motor Company social team immediately. Got a BEV support agent assigned. Didn't get a call until yesterday, 6 days later.

Still no ETA on replacement parts. No update available from the dealer.

I have a rental as a temporary solution, but the support agent assured me Ford would be covering the entire rental as long as this service takes to complete.

The rental isn't bad, a Volvo xc40 recharge, but I miss my car, badly. I want it back, fixed, and I want the experience I was sold on as one of the earliest MME buyers.
I too opened a case with Ford within 2 hours of the failure. They "resolved" the case 5 minutes later. You cannot reach the dealer - when I tried to schedule the recall software install a month ago, for S&G I left the phone on and was on hold for 2 hours and 33 minutes before I gave up.

I've lost faith in the car, the dealer and Ford.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

Was there part testing that wasn't rigorous enough to detect parts not to specifications?
You get my point - but thanks for the extra thought provoking questions.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I too opened a case with Ford within 2 hours of the failure. They "resolved" the case 5 minutes later. You cannot reach the dealer - when I tried to schedule the recall software install a month ago, for S&G I left the phone on and was on hold for 2 hours and 33 minutes before I gave up.

I've lost faith in the car, the dealer and Ford.
I'll give you this one. Dealers are garbage. Find a good one and hang onto it. Worst part about it all. Go find the BEV customer service execs emails and email them - they help.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

I guess that depends on if you chose to believe their own recall notice. Does it really matter where in the design process it was f*cked up? They said themselves that the DESIGN is not robust. @benk016 statement was that it wasn't designed correctly, so yes he is 100% correct and factual. Yes, there's an "and" there, but in English that means, also, in addition to, etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just confirmed - no eta on HVBJB replacements for GT 1662742087732

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess that depends on if you chose to believe their own recall notice. Does it really matter where in the design process it was f*cked up? They said themselves that the DESIGN is not robust. @benk016 statement was that it wasn't designed correctly so yes he is 100% correct and factual. Yes there's an "and" there, but in English that means, also, in addition to, etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just confirmed - no eta on HVBJB replacements for GT 1662742087732
I take "part-to-part" variation as leaving open the possibility that the subcontractor, or Ford, didn't allow for that variation in the design.

But it's all semantics.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I think that lemon lawing your car is probably a good decision for you based upon your posts. I wish you great success with whatever EV you find that you think will have better success.

I do find the human psyche very interesting. Global shortages of parts for everything. Shortages of people. Shortages of transportation. And yet, when ME/I is affected, all of a sudden we lose all understanding of what we understood.

I ordered a cell phone from Amazon on 8/29 (2 of them). Great prices on one, below anyone else. Neither ever showed up. Support awful, offshore. Social media team able to order replacements with no expediting, later dates than I could order them. Higher price reorders and they can't "price match" themselves. I have no tolerance for it, because it's ME. o_O 🤔 ;)
I am reading both what you wrote and what you are implying. You are missing some very critical things that are causing your implications to be incorrect.

My wife also uses this car for her business - no car = no income.

Ford cannot responsibly deal with these issues. My case was closed as "resolved" 5 minutes after it was opened.

The dealer is a train wreck. You cannot reach anybody by phone. They have 1 part time EV service person and no plans to do better.

I have a lot of patience. I waited two weeks to get an update. The update is that there is no ETA. I have no faith in the car, the dealer or Ford. It's not just a phone. And, I've had a phone die before. It was resolved with a replacement in 15 minutes. Far away from where I live. Your analogy is faulty. Ford is completely unprepared to be in this business, and doing little to get better. Their marketing - first rate. Their customer service - no so much.

You can read for days here about Ford's really poor communications. From the minute the order is in, they are very bad at communications.

I'm well aware of the supply chain issues. Last week I got a quote from a major computer company of 109 business day for new hardware. Imagine if that put that customer out of business.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I take "part-to-part" variation as leaving open the possibility that the subcontractor, or Ford, didn't allow for that variation in the design.

But it's all semantics.
Yes Rick ... I knew you would do that, which is why I specifically called out the word "AND". It's not semantics. You are choosing to ignore the parts of a sentence that you don't agree with or counter your argument. "And" does not mean, ignore the first part.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
Frustrating? Absolutely.

Does anyone want a car that malfunctions somewhere and needs service? Hell no.

DBPNW is right though. Get it fixed then get rid of it and you will get more for it.

Stay on it with Ford. I kept reaching out (yes I would have preferred they reached out to me) but I got mine resolved in 2.5 weeks with polite poking AND Ford offered to make one months payment for the inconvenience.

I did not need the rental as I had another car, but they offered that as well.

Stay on the case number and service team, they will contact the dealer and expedite. That at least was my experience.
Sponsored