Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
That road up bent mountain is top notch, it would be a blast in the MME. You would definitely get your upgrade to Rev D part going up that one!
I'm friends with Paul Dallenbach who has won the Pikes Peak Hill Climb a few times. Maybe I should ask him to stress test for me??? Of course, not everything goes to plan on that race....
Sponsored

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I'm friends with Paul Dallenbach who has won the Pikes Peak Hill Climb a few times. Maybe I should ask him to stress test for me??? Of course, not everything goes to plan on that race....
Haha thatā€™ll definitely help us understand if the new parts are up to task.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
The best part is the people standing on the outside of a curve! Darwin awards, here are your candidates. He got pretty roughed up on this crash. It sheared off 16 inch diameter trees and broke his HANS device. But, yes, this sure would test the part.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Parts fail, especially in first gen cars. I get that. What is making me furious, is that most of the dealers have 1 tech who is certified to do repairs on MMEs. They often can't order the parts until they get the car in to the shop, and with supply chain issues, and demand this leads to very long wait times for parts and consequently repairs.
<SNIP>
Add to the single tech with EV certification the fact that they often have that tech working on an ICE car and the EV has to wait in line forever just to be ā€œdiagnosedā€ (canā€™t they pull codes to get an idea of the problem first?), and your car is sitting days, maybe weeks before they get to ordering parts. The HVBJB error codes and symptoms are pretty specific. They could at least get the ball rolling on that part order during the wait for the tech to diagnose. šŸ˜•šŸ©

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The best part is the people standing on the outside of a curve! Darwin awards, here are your candidates. He got pretty roughed up on this crash. It sheared off 16 inch diameter trees and broke his HANS device. But, yes, this sure would test the part.
Holy crap. I didnā€™t watch the whole video because I was getting in my car to leave workā€¦ that is an insane wreck to walk away from.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My car was completed just 10 days ago and I've sent another member from Sacramento to them just 2 days ago.

I know for a fact that there's no "nationwide shortage" because in DMs we have people who are getting a replacement part in less than 3 days. Again, my confirmation from Ford is that dealers order from a local supply warehouse and if they don't have one then they normally wait for restock. There's a way to get them from another warehouse. I don't know the inner workings on "how" that happens, but it's happening for many people. Unfortunately, there's a lot of people who it's not happening for or their dealer just doesn't have the labor availability and is pushing the blame on "parts".

From what I've seen on replacements it seems to be a 80/20 split where the 20% is being told months on parts. It's more common to see people get the replacement.
Iā€™m really glad to hear this. My 17 year old son just called me to let me know he was using my car and SVS popped up. Iā€™m out of town in a company rental and his car has a flat so he borrowed mine. I wonā€™t see the car for a few days so I canā€™t get anything started with the dealer or the Ford Team until I get back to it.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Iā€™m really glad to hear this. My 17 year old son just called me to let me know he was using my car and SVS popped up. Iā€™m out of town in a company rental and his car has a flat so he borrowed mine. I wonā€™t see the car for a few days so I canā€™t get anything started with the dealer or the Ford Team until I get back to it.
If you want us to get a jump on it send me a DM with the VIN and what dealership it'll go to.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Call Ford and open a ticket with the BEV team. Let them know the dealer that the car is at and follow up with a call the next day and confirm the case number and the person assigned.

As @DevSecOps has noted elsewhere, the replacement HVBJB are being allocated on a as needed basis. The dealer should have communications on this, though it likely went to the parts department and not service.

I wish you well.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Call Ford and open a ticket with the BEV team. Let them know the dealer that the car is at and follow up with a call the next day and confirm the case number and the person assigned.

As @DevSecOps has noted elsewhere, the replacement HVBJB are being allocated on a as needed basis. The dealer should have communications on this, though it likely went to the parts department and not service.

I wish you well.
Thatā€™s actually good news. Cody, the parts guy at my dealership is their number one employee and he REALLY likes my car.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Add to the single tech with EV certification the fact that they often have that tech working on an ICE car and the EV has to wait in line forever just to be ā€œdiagnosedā€ (canā€™t they pull codes to get an idea of the problem first?), and your car is sitting days, maybe weeks before they get to ordering parts. The HVBJB error codes and symptoms are pretty specific. They could at least get the ball rolling on that part order during the wait for the tech to diagnose. šŸ˜•šŸ©
It is really crazy. When my car failed, the first dealership I called said it would take a week or more to diagnose; the the service manager at the second dealership I called diagnosed the car from his desk while the car was on the tow truck being towed there. Dealerships that take anything more than minutes (or maybe an hour or two) to pull DTCs clearly just don't give a damn. And the excuse that they can't work on the car for another week (or whatever) so why bother diagnosing it sooner clearly doesn't hold water since a) Ford won't pay for a rental until the car is diagnosed, and b) like you say, depending on what's wrong, parts need to be ordered too! Absolute insanity. Obviously not all problems will have smoking gun DTCs, but as we know with the HVBJB, they certainly can.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Update: I picked up my car yesterday. They told me it didn't actually need hardware this time around, so it's only a matter of time. They applied 2 updates...which I'm not sure what they are since I already received the recall update.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
That would be a hell of a publicity stunt, and would make sure everyone believed in the robustness of the part.

thewraith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FD RX7(2J)/'21 Mach E GTP/'65 'stang, '22 BMW X5
Country flag
Does the entire battery need to come out to switch the hbjb? My dealer just called and said it does and that they have to send the car to another dealership to get it done.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does the entire battery need to come out to switch the hbjb? My dealer just called and said it does and that they have to send the car to another dealership to get it done.
Yes, it does. My dealer said this takes 10-12 hours to do so. I'm not sure I believe that time estimate, but it does take them a while.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In this photo, my service tech was pointing to the connector on the HVBJB when explaining the recall on another customer's Mach-E.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Just confirmed - no eta on HVBJB replacements for GT Harry-Mach-E HVJB and connector
Sponsored