Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Dropped the car off on Monday, called ford on Monday and got a callback yesterday. Hopefully the repair goes quickly, the good news is I travel for work and am on the road until mid November so if the repairs take some time it won't affect me much.
Sponsored

Shawnybs

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE-Mach-E and Mustang GT
Country flag
2021 Premium First Edition owner here,

Got lucky and already had a dealer visit scheduled through Ford's support team for a front motor whine, glass-recall, no 48-amp charging, and the HVBVJB errors popped up while waiting for my appointment. So, now (fingers-crossed) I can get it all done at once. Like EELinneman I live in Littleton, CO as well. Error's popped up after a road trip up to Fort Collins on I-125 (average speeds 65-75 MPH, very little altitude change).

Our car is at Phil Long Ford now, where we bought it. We tried to use Autonation Ford Littleton since they are closer but, to be frank, they have one of the worst service departments I've ever dealt with with any brand (I've owned several new cars over the years). I also used them many years ago after purchasing a car from them and it wasn't much better. Just poor communication all around.

Phil Long has been better so far, however no commitment on timeline yet (they've had the car for 1 week). I know the glass is the first thing they're working on. Ford's support representative has been pleasant so far.

Will update as it progresses! Fingers crossed this doesn't turn into a nightmare.
Got the car back last night. The dealer had it for a total of 25 days; loaner provided (base Edge, blech, but first world problems). Issues were: HVBJB failure, charge port overheating, glass recall, and front motor whine (like a reverse gear whine). Everything looked at and fixed (properly!) but the motor whine, which wasn't engaged with at all. The timeline here was probably extended due to various issues being worked on. I'd be willing to bet if it was just the HVBJB it would have been much shorter.

To echo others experiences, the Ford support agent was great, and could always get me an answer within 24 hours. She also helped coordinate the HVBJB part replacement and smoothed that over. The dealership provided 0 updates and I couldn't get a hold of them without being borderline annoying (just let the support agent handle it, in my opinion). Gas is being covered by Ford.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Just got the call from Ford service my car is fixed. I dropped it off September 26th, diagnostic done 27th, part came in yesterday done today. Yea, that's 8 business days or 10 total days if you include the weekend.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
My part is due in this week and my dealer scheduled me in (with a loaner) for next week. I'm still driving my Mach-E until then.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I got my MME back today finally. Service Vehicle Soon message originally popped up Sept 16 during a long highway drive (1.5 hours) going consistently 75-80 mph. Dropped it off at the dealer Sep 17 but no EV tech available until Sep 20.

Total of 25 days without my car. Luckily I was on vacation for 10 days so it didn't feel that long. No loaner offered, was advised to call Ford corporate for a rental. However by the time Ford corporate got back to me, the part was already in and they had begun working on my car, so I opted not to get a rental.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
My part is due in this week and my dealer scheduled me in (with a loaner) for next week. I'm still driving my Mach-E until then.
Ok, so my car did go in on the 11th. It was schedule ahead of time so the part would be in and a loaner would be available.

We'll, they didn't account for the only EV Master Tech to be busy all week. He didn't get to my vehicle until THE NEXT Tuesday. They repaired it in less than a day, but kept it overnight so they could charge it and check it out in the morning.

All is good and I have it back now, but would have been nice to still be driving it for that week. Oh well, could have been worse.

Last edited:

Green Machine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 250, 2022 GT 4, 2021 Mache GT, 2024 Z06
Occupation
Management
Country flag
I’m not gonna argue whether it’s a great car or a bad car or what Ford owes us more or less but I am going to note that your impressions of the car have a lot to do with whether it’s your required vehicle or an optional vehicle by that I mean, if you have other vehicles to back you up if there is a problem .. your chances of bitching are much less then if you have to rely on the car daily. I never bought the car as a solution for long distance driving multiple day vacations because I don’t think the charging infrastructure is beyond being annoying yet. I bought it to be a daily driver mostly city work, and stop polluting the environment and being kind of green as well as the fact that it’s great looking and very fast. And A plan from a relative

Having two of them brick, and fail and sold at a nice profit I certainly can’t complain. But cars are like my hobby and I have a bunch around to back me up when one dies like those did

I can completely understand multiple failures of a brand new $60,000 vehicle annoying the hell out of people that count on it to be just like a reliable ice car.

Next move is FMC’s. No doubt these failures are troubling and as someone noted earlier, if it starts happening to the lightning, there’s going to be a lot of issues.

Mine is at dealer getting fixed. Took 3 weeks to get part and been there 3 days waiting for mechanic. If you have an electric car you better have a backup. I had a lightning for 30 days. Sold it.

I have no evidence that the update made things worse. I have my suspicions but with no evidence of anything I can't say. Only Ford engineers know the truth and I think anyone on this forum saying yea or nay would just be making uninformed guesses. I think the most accurate thing to say at this time, is "who knows". I definitely wouldn't put any trust in the recall based on what we've seen.

That is something I have not seen a single instance of yet. I'm happy to report that so far no one with the revised part has had failure (at least on the forum). Ever since before the recall was announced we knew that Ford had a revised part. We have seen emails from the top saying it was built much more robust.

I don't think they are running out of parts. They just don't have them stocked in all local warehouses. One of the 6 dealers in my area said they have replaced a good 2 dozen already. That's just 1 dealer out of 6 in Sacramento.

That's just not always true. I have personally seen 7 cases now, from people on this forum, where the software did nothing. They had welded contactors and received no advanced warning.
Mine coded out when I was going 70 on 70 degree day No fast charge and not running hard.
Jes sayin. Battery operated cars with bad battery connectors is a bad look. From any viewpoint

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Does the entire battery need to come out to switch the hbjb? My dealer just called and said it does and that they have to send the car to another dealership to get it done.
Which dealership did they send you to? (I bought mine from Ted Britt)

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
Our Mach-E premium with 21k miles just joined the “Stop Safely Now” club on Sunday after a road trip through Colorado (of course also on Memorial Day weekend so dealership closed until tomorrow). Hoping this is a quick fix considering how long this has been an issue.

We did DC fast charge, but the issue didn’t start until after we got home, plugged in at our home charger (which only gets like 6kw) started the car, stopped at a gas station to throw away trash before doing my grocery shopping and car would not start with “stop safely now” and “accessory power active”. I’m just so glad I was parked and it didn’t happen in the middle of driving.

Also hoping if it’s not a quick fix, that Ford actually provides a rental considering we only have this one car we share for work, groceries, everything.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Our Mach-E premium with 21k miles just joined the “Stop Safely Now” club on Sunday after a road trip through Colorado (of course also on Memorial Day weekend so dealership closed until tomorrow). Hoping this is a quick fix considering how long this has been an issue.

We did DC fast charge, but the issue didn’t start until after we got home, plugged in at our home charger (which only gets like 6kw) started the car, stopped at a gas station to throw away trash before doing my grocery shopping and car would not start with “stop safely now” and “accessory power active”. I’m just so glad I was parked and it didn’t happen in the middle of driving.

Also hoping if it’s not a quick fix, that Ford actually provides a rental considering we only have this one car we share for work, groceries, everything.
When was your Mach e built?

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When was your Mach e built?
I don't know the exact date (we also bought it used) and it’s currently at the dealership so I can’t check the door jam right now.

I tried to use a VIN decoder to get the build date and it looks like it was built in March of 2021 but I’m not sure on the exact day. I might try to reach out to Ford Chat to see if they can give me the exact build date.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don't know the exact date (we also bought it used) and it’s currently at the dealership so I can’t check the door jam right now.

I tried to use a VIN decoder to get the build date and it looks like it was built in March of 2021 but I’m not sure on the exact day. I might try to reach out to Ford Chat to see if they can give me the exact build date.
One of the volunteers in the FDRS thread can probably look that up for you if you have your VIN. 😊🐩

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One of the volunteers in the FDRS thread can probably look that up for you if you have your VIN. 😊🐩
I definitely did not decode that VIN correctly. I ended up calling Ford and they told me the exact build date was December 18, 2021.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just an update- we've spoke to the dealer. It'll be a week before they can even look at the car.

We traded in our last car after it sat a month at Nissan for backordered recall parts and we couldn't be more unlucky.

Guess I can't really complain considering some of the people on here dealt with much worse. It seems like all of us are getting the short end of the stick.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Just an update- we've spoke to the dealer. It'll be a week before they can even look at the car.

We traded in our last car after it sat a month at Nissan for backordered recall parts and we couldn't be more unlucky.

Guess I can't really complain considering some of the people on here dealt with much worse. It seems like all of us are getting the short end of the stick.
Assuming they confirm it is the HVBJB, reman parts are currently available through Ford. Last week it only took my dealer 2 business days to get the reman HVBJB for my car.
Sponsored