Just confirmed - no eta on HVBJB replacements for GT

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Update: I picked up my car yesterday. They told me it didn't actually need hardware this time around, so it's only a matter of time. They applied 2 updates...which I'm not sure what they are since I already received the recall update.
so in the shop two weeks just to get a software update? geeze..

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
so in the shop two weeks just to get a software update? geeze..
No, this was about 2 days. They had a lot of trouble getting one of the updates applied, apparently.

zog

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
My GT PE had the HVBJB fail on 8/25. Dealing with Ford has been a complete disaster, but wanted people to know that as of 10 minutes ago, the person working the second case at Gord's BEV team confirmed that they have no ETA on replacement parts.

I'm 2 weeks from being qualified to lemon law my car and am likely to do just that. It has become a care that I cannot rely upon, has underengineered critical parts and the dealer and the company both are completely unprepared to support these rolling lottery tickets.

Woe to you who have a similar failure. I just hope the mainstream auto media picks up on this quickly.
My GT PE gave up the day after the safety recall software update (end of july) and I took it to the dealer mid august. Yesterday I got it back as they had to order the parts and it took almost 3 weeks to get them (to Europe).
So, all in all from issue emerging to car fixed it took about 2 months but actual time spent at the dealer/repair shop was 1 hour for software update in july and then 1 month in repair shop.

Edit: To add, Ford was quite helpful actually when I contacted them and offed me to help me chase the dealer and speed up/prioritize delivery of parts in the shipping. Also they solved the issues I had with a temporary car to use during the repair time. Hence yes, it took a long time to repair but they were helpful, service minded and everything came out fine in the end so I am happy with Ford. Having the GT PE back after having a rental car for some time was like getting it the first time all over again, they even reconditioned it for me so it was more or less new inside and outside again !
And... the car is as lovely to drive as it is beautiful !!

Last edited:

thewraith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FD RX7(2J)/'21 Mach E GTP/'65 'stang, '22 BMW X5
Country flag
My car was returned yesterday after the dealership (tedd britt fairfax va) said they can't fix it and i have to send it to their "sister dealership". The sister dealership said they won't give me a loaner since i didn't purchase from them. I called another dealership that is a sister dealership to my original purchase dealer and the service manager told me that he can't help me because Tedd Britt Fairfax has already ordered the part and ford won't give it to him. This is a horrible headache thus far.

Note that the ford advocate team is really trying to help me and great at communicating.

On another note: My wife is enraged, we purchased an x5 electric/hybrid at the same time as the mustang. Her car has been to the dealership 2x for battery related issues and BMW picks it up from our home, provides a loaner at our door, then returns it within a day. The prices on the cars are about the same. Me being a long time "ford guy" can't come up with any comebacks at this point...

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
My car was returned yesterday after the dealership (tedd britt fairfax va) said they can't fix it and i have to send it to their "sister dealership". The sister dealership said they won't give me a loaner since i didn't purchase from them. I called another dealership that is a sister dealership to my original purchase dealer and the service manager told me that he can't help me because Tedd Britt Fairfax has already ordered the part and ford won't give it to him. This is a horrible headache thus far.

Note that the ford advocate team is really trying to help me and great at communicating.

On another note: My wife is enraged, we purchased an x5 electric/hybrid at the same time as the mustang. Her car has been to the dealership 2x for battery related issues and BMW picks it up from our home, provides a loaner at our door, then returns it within a day. The prices on the cars are about the same. Me being a long time "ford guy" can't come up with any comebacks at this point...
Have you reached out to @DevSecOps for help? Have you reviewed the following thread for advice for how to proceed?

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ers-biggest-fear-facts-and-info-thread.18143/

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I experienced my HVBJB failure on Friday, September 2nd, and took it immediately to the dealer. Engaged @Ford Motor Company social team immediately. Got a BEV support agent assigned. Didn't get a call until yesterday, 6 days later.

Still no ETA on replacement parts. No update available from the dealer.

I have a rental as a temporary solution, but the support agent assured me Ford would be covering the entire rental as long as this service takes to complete.

The rental isn't bad, a Volvo xc40 recharge, but I miss my car, badly. I want it back, fixed, and I want the experience I was sold on as one of the earliest MME buyers.
As an update, I just received my car today, repaired. They performed the HVBJB replacement as well as the charging port replacement. I'm so happy to have my car back.

Communication as a whole was just not good. I was the one reaching out for updates. No one, throughout this process ever reached out to me proactively with a status update. After the first week the dealer went radio silent. I was passed around between three different customer service agents at Ford. The last update I received was on Monday stating "The HVBJB is still on backorder, yours has been expidited but we have no idea when it will be available." I got a text from the dealer this afternoon that said "Your car is ready."

WTF?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
As an update, I just received my car today, repaired. They performed the HVBJB replacement as well as the charging port replacement. I'm so happy to have my car back.

Communication as a whole was just not good. I was the one reaching out for updates. No one, throughout this process ever reached out to me proactively with a status update. After the first week the dealer went radio silent. I was passed around between three different customer service agents at Ford. The last update I received was on Monday stating "The HVBJB is still on backorder, yours has been expidited but we have no idea when it will be available." I got a text from the dealer this afternoon that said "Your car is ready."

WTF?
Good to know. Same thing the BEV team told me. Still on back order. Will be expedited when it exists. It until then…..”. Maybe there’s hope.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag

You can always tell you wife "Well, at least my turn signal works."

Kake95

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 Ford Flex Limited AWD MMEGT
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I have experienced the same thing. My HVBJB / recall was determined on 9/14. The Dealer my MME GT is at (Parts Department) says "oh its on order we don't know where it is shipping from..." Also not able to provide what means by which it is coming: next day / 2nd day / ground etc. Pretty sad considering tracking abilities these days. I can tell the service personal and part group are Spent with all the delays and unhappy customers wanting whatever vehicle they have sitting waiting for parts to get fixed. This situation is jacking up the Rental car rates. For now it does not look like much improvement for 4Q22 as far as electronic parts.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag