Just drove 3500 miles from Cali to Maine, 1 Mach E spotted…

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
No I was not driving my Mach E.

I was driving a Ram 3500 Dually truck I bought from a relative in Visalia, CA. Last week. Of the 3500 miles I saw two Mach E’s, one at a dealer Visalia, CA and one in MA on route 24 from the Cap/RI at rush hour heading towards Boston (Red AWD Select) last Thursday.

Wow, I was shocked. At 1000 miles covered per day, highway 99, I 40, I 44, I70, I80, I195, 128, and finally I95 and through CA, AZ, NM, TX, OK, Il, IN, MO, OH, PA, NJ NY, CT, RI, NH, MA, finally Maine.

I thought I would see a few more, we saw countless teslas, several Hyundai Ioniqs, a few Niros, two trailer loads of new Rivians on i40 heading south in Illinois, one pagani huayra and one lone Mach E.

I guess it’s nice to have a rare car on the road today, as rare as a huayra.

it’s also nice to be in the Mach E again. 11 MPG with a Ram Dually was fun but not economical.

The tour of Hinckley Yachts (my son is an engineer for them) was equally impressive in RI. I saw more million dollar Hinckleys than Mach E’s as well.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just drove 3500 miles from  Cali to Maine,  1 Mach E spotted… BF383435-9EE0-42DE-AE20-9501339B72B4

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just drove 3500 miles from  Cali to Maine,  1 Mach E spotted… CA39D5A6-4FE4-4584-8E3F-D2619786CD74

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just drove 3500 miles from  Cali to Maine,  1 Mach E spotted… 140EF86C-634B-424C-AFC5-9936F2721D73

Last edited:

SirLamerok

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT PE Cyber Orange
Country flag
I used to live in Visalia. I managed the old Fox theater years ago. I agree with you on the rarity of the MME. I see countless Teslas in the Bay area and only a few MME. I want to try a cross country drive someday.

Reactions: ARK

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Gorgeous yacht. What a trip!
a lot of new Mache’s getting finished up lately. Many (like me) will wait for awhile or at least through the winter before trying a long distance jaunt like yours! We also have a small Motorhome with solar that is perfect for long distance. It’s a Ford turbo diesel @ 17mpg. I will probably feel guilty not using the Mache for those trips! Wish my mme had solar!??

where were you next to the wind turbines? We have a lot near us. Hoping to get a photo them with my Mme GT soon. Get it tomorrow.?

Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m sure you would see more Mach-Es on the coasts and probably Michigan, but definitely not very common. In LA, I’ll see one every 2 to 3 weeks or so it seems.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
That Hinckley is gorgeous.

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Gorgeous yacht. What a trip!
a lot of new Mache’s getting finished up lately. Many (like me) will wait for awhile or at least through the winter before trying a long distance jaunt like yours! We also have a small Motorhome with solar that is perfect for long distance. It’s a Ford turbo diesel @ 17mpg. I will probably feel guilty not using the Mache for those trips! Wish my mme had solar!??

where were you next to the wind turbines? We have a lot near us. Hoping to get a photo them with my Mme GT soon. Get it tomorrow.?
Texas pan handle. 18000 acres, 161 MW.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I've seen a decent number of Mach Es around the Bay (maybe 3 dozen or so), but not enough that I don't still give a thumbs up to the driver when I see them on the road, or chat them up if I see them at a charging station/parking lot ?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I've seen a decent number of Mach Es around the Bay (maybe 3 dozen or so), but not enough that I don't still give a thumbs up to the driver when I see them on the road, or chat them up if I see them at a charging station/parking lot ?
Wow, I have seen a grand total of 4 MMEs of any type on the Peninsula. 3 were on the road (actually one was up in Sonoma, so not on the Peninsula) and one parked on the street.

I gave the thumbs up but I don’t think they saw me since I was driving a Fusion Energi (my sister’s Saturn SL in Sonoma).

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
"You got anything I can set my 1.5 million dollar yacht on?" ...
"Sure, how about a few wooden blocks!"

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Wow, I have seen a grand total of 4 MMEs of any type on the Peninsula. 3 were on the road (actually one was up in Sonoma, so not on the Peninsula) and one parked on the street.

I gave the thumbs up but I don’t think they saw me since I was driving a Fusion Energi (my sister’s Saturn SL in Sonoma).
I live in the City, but drive all over for work. I'd probably only seen about 10 Mach E up until about August. Seeing a lot more lately, not including the 10 or so getting serviced or delivered at Walnut Creek Ford when I was there a couple weeks ago. I seem to always see one on highway 24 lol

I've only seen one GT in the City, and two Grabber Blues, and zero Cyber Orange or Rapid Red.

Boxman74

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E premium Awd LR
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I live in a small rural town in Ontario canada, and 3 in my subdivision, and I see at at least 1 a week on the highway. But it is rare car compared to the Tesla, as there are 4 in my subdivision
Sponsored