Just finished skimming thru all of General Mach-E Topics. Careful charging with car cover on.

2GOfast54

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME4 select space white
Occupation
PT
Country flag
Wow,what an education. Have had my MME since Aug 2021 and didn’t find forum until November 8th. Much more helpful then the owners manual that I downloaded and printed. More practical information for a new BEV owner and would recommend all new owners to skim thru for topics of interest and always fellow members there to share there experience (thank you all). BTW,I’ve been charging my mme on the driveway & one day few weeks ago was charging with the car cover on. Good thing I was sitting nearby b/c after a few minutes I heard the sound of a fan coming from the car so I got up to take a look and saw that the cooling vents @ the front of the car had sucked the car cover in up against the vent. So pulled cover away and layed it up on hood,after a few min. fan speed slowed to normal and had no ill effects that I know of. So carefull charging with car cover on,keep vent free of obstruction.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2GOfast54

2GOfast54

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME4 select space white
Occupation
PT
Country flag
Wow,what an education. Have had my MME since Aug 2021 and didn’t find forum until November 8th. Much more helpful then the owners manual that I downloaded and printed. More practical information for a new BEV owner and would recommend all new owners to skim thru for topics of interest and always fellow members there to share there experience (thank you all). BTW,I’ve been charging my mme on the driveway & one day few weeks ago was charging with the car cover on. Good thing I was sitting nearby b/c after a few minutes I heard the sound of a fan coming from the car so I got up to take a look and saw that the cooling vents @ the front of the car had sucked the car cover in up against the vent. So pulled cover away and layed it up on hood,after a few min. fan speed slowed to normal and had no ill effects that I know of. So carefull charging with car cover on,keep vent free of obstruction.
DUH,
not sure if that’s a wow w/ a tad of sarcasm (engineer) But that’s ok b/c that’s where my humor lies too. I’ll just take it as welcome to the club brother. I’m old school guy really did’nt realize all the techno I was going to have to do but never to old to learn,I’m enjoying it and got in at the right time. Here to read,learn and share when I can. For PR GO WOLFERINES & DAVEDOUGH I feel you brother ENJOY !!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
There is also a software update that makes it so the fans when charging don't turn on like crazy, yours might need it. If the customer satisfaction survey updates applies to you, this is included. Maybe when the fans are on a lower speed, they won't suck in the car cover.
Sponsored