Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
This is to alert other Mach E owners of an issue I had and the resolution the local dealer was able to perform. I drove through a monsoon for (figuratively not literally)4 hours last week and then had an issue with the parking brake system. The system would appear to engage but not fully when you started the car an alarm would sound and the dash lit up saying parking brake failure service soon. Attached is my receipt from the dealer it details the diagnostic process. The dealer had it sorted quickly and as always provide excellent service.

mACHE1.jpg

MACHE2.jpg

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
This is to alert other Mach E owners of an issue I had and the resolution the local dealer was able to perform. I drove through a monsoon for (figuratively not literally)4 hours last week and then had an issue with the parking brake system. The system would appear to engage but not fully when you started the car an alarm would sound and the dash lit up saying parking brake failure service soon. Attached is my receipt from the dealer it details the diagnostic process. The dealer had it sorted quickly and as always provide excellent service.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just got it back from service Parking Brake issue MACHE2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just got it back from service Parking Brake issue MACHE2
I experienced the exact same issue earlier in the week on Monday after driving through a hard rain on the interstate. Warning light came on and stayed on through the next morning. Called dealer and earliest they could make appointment was for today (Friday). By Wednesday, the light went off and everything with the parking brake was normal so I cancelled my appointment. So far so good.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I experienced the exact same issue earlier in the week on Monday after driving through a hard rain on the interstate. The warning light came on and stayed on through the next morning. Called the dealer and the earliest they could make an appointment was for today (Friday). By Wednesday, the light went off and everything with the parking brake was normal so I canceled my appointment. So far so good.
I would bring it in a feel free to print my receipt. When I spoke to the master mechanic on the phone he said the connection issue was bound to affect additional cars. He also said he would have ordered a new wire harness but they are on national backorder.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I would bring it in a feel free to print my receipt. When I spoke to the master mechanic on the phone he said the connection issue was bound to affect additional cars. He also said he would have ordered a new wire harness but they are on national backorder.

If I read those notes correctly, it sounds like the corrosion was in a connector INSIDE the cabin, under the center console ? makes no sense that heavy rain would get in there ? Can you clarify exact location of the troublesome connector ?

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
If I read those notes correctly, it sounds like the corrosion was in a connector INSIDE the cabin, under the center console ? makes no sense that heavy rain would get in there ? Can you clarify exact location of the troublesome connector ?
I can ask the tech was off today, it could be there is an inspection hatch above the battery that you access under the console

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I can ask the tech was off today, it could be there is an inspection hatch above the battery that you access under the console
it would be GREAT if you could find out location of bad connector.... I sure would like to check mine BEFORE there is a problem, and maybe figure out a way to seal it up or prevent a problem...

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
it would be GREAT if you could find out location of bad connector.... I sure would like to check mine BEFORE there is a problem, and maybe figure out a way to seal it up or prevent a problem...
Yes, it's interior. C259 is located under the front left of the center console, forward of the lower storage tray and to the right of the accelerator pedal. Basically right behind the firewall. This would be indicative of some sort of leak affecting the area.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yes, it's interior. C259 is located under the front left of the center console, forward of the lower storage tray and to the right of the accelerator pedal. Basically right behind the firewall. This would be indicative of some sort of leak affecting the area.
Good to know, when I call the tech I will ask about what he thinks cause the water to get inside the car.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Good to know, when I call the tech I will ask about what he thinks cause the water to get inside the car.
In my case, I was driving in a very hard rain on interstate for about 20 minutes; it was like being in a carwash. The parking brake warning light did not come on then, it came on the next morning when I started the car and stayed on all day, car chimed weird sounding warning when I turned car off. But by next morning all was fine. After following this thread, I'm going to reschedule my appointment and show the service dept. this thread. Thank you kindly.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Wow.... how the heck could water get there? You think there is a missing grommet or seal in the firewall or Frunk?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Wow.... how the heck could water get there? You think there is a missing grommet or seal in the firewall or Frunk?
Looks like the A/C drain is right in front of it basically. It's possible the A/C condensate is leaking out, or else the sealing around the drain pedestal is bad and water's coming in. Could also be some kind of windshield or cowl leak running down the firewall, this type of leak manifests when the car is rained on while stopped instead of while driving. You can see this area in the Munro Live video where they took out the dash.

Last edited:

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Whoa thanks @tuminatr for posting this--real glad you did.

Unfortunately, completely alarmed by the notes.

Putting aside the CORROSION issue as others have mentioned on 5K miles (alarming by itself), what's up with ALL those parts not being available, like--uh--rotors!

Would like to hear what the tech thinks is the reason corrosion was there in the first place and how that can be corrected.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Whoa thanks @tuminatr for posting this--real glad you did.

Unfortunately, completely alarmed by the notes.

Putting aside the CORROSION issue as others have mentioned on 5K miles (alarming by itself), what's up with ALL those parts not being available, like--uh--rotors!

Would like to hear what the tech thinks is the reason corrosion was there in the first place and how that can be corrected.
I agree, it's an issue and looking on the forum I have seen a bunch of others having essentially the same problem. I think this tech is the only one who has correctly identified the problem. To be clear this happened after 4+ hours of driving through extremely heavy rain. The warning light turned on in the last half hour of my drive to Chicago. I have watched the Munro tear down and considering where the ABS module is it's likely that the AC drain is not completely sealed and either allowing water to come in from the firewall or Cowell. This is a guess on my part but it fits the facts

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I experienced the exact same issue earlier in the week on Monday after driving through a hard rain on the interstate. Warning light came on and stayed on through the next morning. Called dealer and earliest they could make appointment was for today (Friday). By Wednesday, the light went off and everything with the parking brake was normal so I cancelled my appointment. So far so good.
Same here today, (well the report in Ford pass actually says power train or 4WD fault) , just service soon, and speed limited to super slow till I restarted the car, then normal. Then service soon wrench cleared when I walked away from the locked car. This started when I was parked and probably pulled away to abruptly as soon as pressing the start button, in reverse and maybe threw the parking brake error? Anyway, seems back to normal thankfully.

Last edited:

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have noticed that if you park on something steep, that the parking brake will automatically come on. When operating the parking brake always use the brake pedal.
Sponsored