Just got my Mach E GTPE. I picked it up today

MachETX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E ordered
Country flag
I absolutely love the Mach E GTPE. I am glad to have waited. The dealer honored the X plan pricing and only added a LoJack at my request. Grapevine Ford is a great dealership to deal with. I now need to get a 220v nema plug installed.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Just got my Mach E GTPE.  I picked it up today 1202221517a_HDR
Sponsored

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
OP
OP

MachETX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E ordered
Country flag
Congrats! But donā€™t get in the habit of pulling over those curb stops. The next one might be a little higher.
Thanks for info. It was parked there, not by me.

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Grainger also has a listing on eBay for that same one. I was able to order 2 there and the shipping was less than on their site - $6 vs $11. They shipped them out super quick, too. Item number: 313530976662 if you search for it. Just check both and see what works out best/cheaper for you. I wasn't lucky enough to have a physical store nearby.

Editing to add direct link: Grainger listing

Congrats and welcome! šŸ˜

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
The Grainger Bryant socket is the best choice. The socket has a larger diameter so you will need a 2.47 inch cover plate such as a Leviton from Ace Hardware. (DON'T buy the socket!)

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Congrats! But donā€™t get in the habit of pulling over those curb stops. The next one might be a little higher.
Absolutely the FIRST thing I noticed.
Funny.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Congrats! Beautiful car, did you get it tinted also? You are lucky that you got it at a discount without any markup cuz grapevine wanted to charge me 10k in markup and 2.8K with their addons (including LoJack)!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on your new GT-PE! šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

OP
OP

MachETX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E ordered
Country flag
Congrats! Beautiful car, did you get it tinted also? You are lucky that you got it at a discount without any markup cuz grapevine wanted to charge me 10k in markup and 2.8K with their addons (including LoJack)!
no tint, no mark ups. I ordered mine.

OP
OP

MachETX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E ordered
Country flag
looks cool. Congrats!

I would suggest installing industrial grade outlet(Bryant or Hubble), but don't buy them from amazon(plenty of counterfeit stuff). Only buy from reputed seller(even if you have to pay a premium for shipping).

if you have a store near by:
https://www.grainger.com/product/BR...49YY93?opr=PDPRRDSP&analytics=dsrrItems_5Z885
I ordered the Emporia L2, comes in next week. I'll set it up for 32 amps (like the MME group recommend). I'll go pick up the continuous duty nema 50 plug from Grainger on Monday (thanks MME group) with a box and cover. I am wondering if I can just buy a 30 ft roll of 6 guage (6-3) (actually has 4 wires). It's heavy rubber shielded wire to set up my plug for the charger, or do I have to buy unshielded and use conduit. Waiting on an electrician to let me know. Your thoughts?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I ordered the Emporia L2, comes in next week. I'll set it up for 32 amps (like the MME group recommend). I'll go pick up the continuous duty nema 50 plug from Grainger on Monday (thanks MME group) with a box and cover. I am wondering if I can just buy a 30 ft roll of 6 guage (6-3) (actually has 4 wires). It's heavy rubber shielded wire to set up my plug for the charger, or do I have to buy unshielded and use conduit. Waiting on an electrician to let me know. Your thoughts?
The Emporia EVSE has been great for me, itā€™s a pretty high quality unit with good features considering the price. I run mine at 40A, itā€™s nice to have it charge that much quicker than the Ford mobile charger. No reason to de-rate to 32A if everything is installed correctly, the car/battery wonā€™t be affected negatively by a slightly faster charge rate. Both systems are designed for more than 40A.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I am wondering if I can just buy a 30 ft roll of 6 guage (6-3) (actually has 4 wires). It's heavy rubber shielded wire to set up my plug for the charger, or do I have to buy unshielded and use conduit. Waiting on an electrician to let me know. Your thoughts?
You are describing 6/3 NM-B wire, which is rated for 55 Amps. If you are going to use it to connect a NEMA 14-50 outlet, connected to a 50 Amp breaker, it is just what you need. If you plan to run a 60 Amp circuit, however, it won't be up to code. Of course you can't put a 60 Amp breaker on a 50 Amp outlet anyway.

If you want to run a 60 Amp circuit to a subpanel, or directly to your EVSE, you will need to use THW wire, which is not wrapped in a "heavy rubber" casing with four wires inside.

Your electrician will know all of this, I am sure.

BTW - I agree with what the others posted about the industrial 14-50 outlet.
Sponsored