Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
Hi all! I picked up my Mach e from the dealer yesterday. It almost didn’t happen because after the salesperson finished showing me everything, he showed me the charging status and it said 144 range at 90% charge. When i questioned it he said the range of the car is only 170. after a minor meltdown on my part, he asked his coworkers, who said he was wrong, that the range is 270, and it was only because the car was sitting on the lot with the power on. It made sense, so I calmed down. but having said that, I want to share this info: He kept telling me the dealership has nothing to do with selling me this car, and even if I wanted to cancel the transaction, it’s too late because I didn’t buy the car from them; I bought it from Ford. Any beef I have with the car would have to be taken up with Ford Motor Company. In essence, the dealer has washed its hands of everything, and if I have a problem, I’d have to duke it out with Ford’s attorneys. Still missing the dealership sales model? Not that duking it out with a dealership is any more pleasant.

Now, to my very early impressions, considering I just drove it 8 miles home. The handling seems excellent, and the acceleration impressive. I opened the window because I wanted to clear any possible covid droplets spewing from the nose and mouth of the salesman, who had just gotten over covid. There was a creaking noise coming from the seat belt’s attachment to the door frame. Minor, but I’m spoiled after have a Lexus for many years. No creaking noises from my SC430.

On to charging. I read somewhere that is takes 50kwh to charge a Tesla and 150kwh to charge the Mach e. That doesn’t seem right. It’s triple the time/cost. I don’t understand how the math works on this, but my minimal charge of 18kwh gave me 53 miles of range and cost $3. Extending it out, That’s about $15 for a full charge. Using the same formula, it would cost around $8 to charge the Tesla. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

One more thing: On the big screen, if you connect your phone, your entire phone book is there for your passenger to snoop around in. Plus, it uses some formula to offer a suggestion on whom you should call. So you can forget about keeping anything private—unless you turn off Bluetooth on your phone before you get into the car, in which case, you won’t be able to call anyone hands free.

Ok, one more, more thing: does anyone know if you can put a roof rack on the car? At first glance, it doesn’t look like you can.
Sponsored

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Hi all! I picked up my Mach e from the dealer yesterday. It almost didn’t happen because after the salesperson finished showing me everything he showed me the charging status and it said 144 range at 90% charge. When i questioned it he said the range of the car is only 170. after a minor meltdown he asked his coworkers, who said he was wrong, that the range is 270, and it was only because the car was sitting on the lot with the power on. It made sense, so I calmed down. but having said that, I want to share this info: He kept telling me the dealership had nothing to do with selling me this car, and any beef I have has nothing to do with them. My beef would be with Ford Motor Company. In essence, the dealer has washed its hands of everything, and if I have a problem, I’d have to duke it out with ForD’Souza attorneys. Still missing the dealership sales model? Not that during it out with a dealership is any more pleasant.

Now, to my very early impressions, considering I just drove it 8 miles home. The handling seems excellent, and the acceleration impressive. I opened the window because I wanted to clear any possible covid droplets spewing from the nose and mouth of the salesman, who had just gotten over covid. There was a creaking noise coming from the seat belt’s attachment to the door frame. Minor, but I’m spoiled after have a Lexus for many years. No creaking noises from my SC430.

On to charging. I read somewhere that is takes 50kwh to charge a Tesla and 150kwh to charge the Mach e. That doesn’t seem right. It’s triple the time/cost. I don’t understand how the math works on this, but my minimal charge of 18kwh gave me 53 miles of range and cost $3. Extending it out, That’s about $15 for a full charge. Using the same formula, it would cost around $8 to charge the Tesla. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

One more thing: On the big screen, if you connect your phone, your entire phone book is there for your passenger to snoop around in. Plus, it uses some formula to offer a suggestion on who you should call. So you can forget about keeping anything private—unless you turn off Bluetooth on your phone before you get into the car, in which case, you won’t be able to call anyone hands free.

Ok, one more, more thing: does anyone know if you can put a roof rack on the car? At first glance, it doesn’t look like you can.
On older versions of sync u can limit no address book downloads or just favorites (or any other group I believe).

Reactions: UW2

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
He kept telling me the dealership has nothing to do with selling me this car, and even if I wanted to cancel the transaction, it’s too late because I didn’t buy the car from them; I bought it from Ford. Any beef I have with the car would have to be taken up with Ford Motor Company. In essence, the dealer has washed its hands of everything, and if I have a problem, I’d have to duke it out with Ford’s attorneys. Still missing the dealership sales model? Not that duking it out with a dealership is any more pleasant.
He is so wrong here lol. You could have just left, zero obligation, it's never "too late" unless you sign all the papers.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Congrats, Nancy. I'm glad it worked out. A few misconceptions. Let's start with charging. The 50kW and 150kW examples you provided are false. Your car probably has the extended range battery which is 88kWh, so that would be the max if charging from zero. Don't advise getting that low, BTW. Tesla battery sizes have different levels. I think the Model Y LR is 75kWh. Your charge fee depends one of two factors. One, by the minute or, two, by the kWh. Depends on where you live and also could depend on which charging company you are using. There is a ton of information in this forum that can help with every question you could possibly thing of.

For the screen, you don't have to download the phone book and you can turn off the "Intelligent Suggestions." Touch the car at the top left, choose General, switch Intelligent Suggestions off.

OP
OP

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
On older versions of sync u can limit no address book downloads or just favorites (or any other group I believe).
The salesman didn’t know how to do this. I guess I’ll have to do some digging to try and find out. Thanks.

OP
OP

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
Check with your utility. It may offer a lower rate for charging EVs. Mine does. It also offers a $500 rebate in the charging station.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Sounds like that salesman has absolutely no clue what he is talking about for anything with this car.

I have a feeling he got confused on the battery size vs the battery charging speed. The car is capable of charging at 150kw. The battery is 88kwh.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Your Dealer did in fact own that car. They out and out lied to you. Once the Dealer placed the order for the MachE, the pre-order was converted from Ford to Dealer inventory. Honestly, that guy should be fired for what he said.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
With the contacts, there is an option to turn it off ...somewhere
Sponsored