Nkocur

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
A couple weekends ago while dropping my significant others car off to get serviced, we're walking out the door when she starts nodding in the direction of a golf cart. After she kept on nodding in that direction, I finally said "what the hell are you nodding at a golf cart for!?!" Right when I said that I hear someone from far away say "what's that red car in the corner" and stupid me, I look past the golf cart and see the car I've been obsessing over... the all electric Mustang Mach E. I went nuts.

I at this point had already put in a pre-order for one but it wasn't going to be produced until late spring. I called up the dealership the following Monday just to make sure my order was still valid and the dealer says "you know, we just got one of those Mach E's in." I simply replied "yea, I know." He proceeds to tell me that the person who placed the order didn't take ownership and that this one was available. After initially saying no due to cost, I thought about it up until last Thursday when I messaged the sales rep as I was crawling into bed and he indicated the car was still available.

So here I am, brand new Mustang Mach E in the driveway. I can't help to think back to when I was a kid and I was so obsessed with Mustangs that my mom even bought me monthly subscriptions to Mustang magazines. Everyone in my family seemed to get one before me, and I would drool over them all the time. But now it's my turn and I couldn't be happier to land in a First Edition Long Range AWD Mach E.

As for the car itself, it's so exhilarating. It reminds me of the feeling of being a kid on a roller coaster. The "my heart is pumping out of my chest" sort of feeling when hitting the accelerator. My neighbors originally thought I bought a Ferrari or Jaguar (??‍♂). I get people taking photos of it when I'm at stop signs/lights. For the power, just puts you back in your seat. I couldn't believe how effortlessly it gets up to speed. The only downside that I have with it thus far is the wind noise above maybe 50mph or so. For how much I love this car, I couldn't care too much.

Anyways, thanks for reading. A bit long but it's just pure excitement on my end. I get done driving and all I think about is the next time I'll drive it again, finding excuses to make worthless trips.

-Nick, Buffalo, NY

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just my luck IMG_20210226_154657_527
Sponsored

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
A couple weekends ago while dropping my significant others car off to get serviced, we're walking out the door when she starts nodding in the direction of a golf cart. After she kept on nodding in that direction, I finally said "what the hell are you nodding at a golf cart for!?!" Right when I said that I hear someone from far away say "what's that red car in the corner" and stupid me, I look past the golf cart and see the car I've been obsessing over... the all electric Mustang Mach E. I went nuts.

I at this point had already put in a pre-order for one but it wasn't going to be produced until late spring. I called up the dealership the following Monday just to make sure my order was still valid and the dealer says "you know, we just got one of those Mach E's in." I simply replied "yea, I know." He proceeds to tell me that the person who placed the order didn't take ownership and that this one was available. After initially saying no due to cost, I thought about it up until last Thursday when I messaged the sales rep as I was crawling into bed and he indicated the car was still available.

So here I am, brand new Mustang Mach E in the driveway. I can't help to think back to when I was a kid and I was so obsessed with Mustangs that my mom even bought me monthly subscriptions to Mustang magazines. Everyone in my family seemed to get one before me, and I would drool over them all the time. But now it's my turn and I couldn't be happier to land in a First Edition Long Range AWD Mach E.

As for the car itself, it's so exhilarating. It reminds me of the feeling of being a kid on a roller coaster. The "my heart is in my chest" sort of feeling when hitting the accelerator. My neighbors originally thought I bought a Ferrari or Jaguar (??‍♂). I get people taking photos of it when I'm at stop signs/lights. For the power, just puts you back in your seat. I couldn't believe how effortlessly it gets up to speed. The only downside that I have with it thus far is the wind noise above maybe 50mph or so. For how much I love this car, I couldn't care too much.

Anyways, thanks for reading. A bit long but it's just pure excitement on my end. I get done driving and all I think about is the next time I'll drive it again, finding excuses to make worthless trips.

-Nick, Buffalo, NY

IMG_20210226_154657_527.jpg
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! That's a great way to start. And you got a FE now -- nice.

The only downside that I have with it thus far is the wind noise above maybe 50mph or so.
Known issue. Though I'm starting to wonder if this is subjective, and affects all cars equally - I don't think we'll know for sure any time soon. Some have reported this, some have not. It appears to be related to the gap / junction between the windshield and the glass roof.

Last edited: