Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Hey folks!

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to ordering cars online to get queued for production, so I just had a question:

I just ordered a Mach-E California Route 1 - grabber blue. I'm being told it'll probably be a 2023 model when I get it. Your stories of ordering and wait times here scare me a little. What realistically happens now?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.09.17 AM.png
Add three months to whatever the website estimate says. That would be the more realistic timeframe.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Placed my order for a Premium Star White AWD ER on 12/27 through my dealer and got a similar email to the OP. Nothing since. Was hoping to have it by July but this thread isn't making me hopeful. ??

How long did it take most to at least get a VIN assigned? Dealer was a bit clueless and told me they hoped the VIN would be picked up toward the end of January then production and delivery would be another 4-6 weeks. I laughed.
From what I understand you don’t get a VIN until close to production date Or at least until you’re scheduled. I’m trying not to research the next steps till I get there. I’m at 12 weeks since order accepted with no production date, but there’s people who ordered after me that got scheduled weeks ago. ??‍♀

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
Do you have a printed sales order that shows the discount? Does it give a program number or is there a label on the discount?

Your car will still qualify for the tax credit if it arrives in 28 weeks.
Do you have a printed sales order that shows the discount? Does it give a program number or is there a label on the discount?

Your car will still qualify for the tax credit if it arrives in 28 weeks.
The printed sales order says Premium Regional Discount PKG $2000.00 credit. What does Priority Code 19 refer to?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The printed sales order says Premium Regional Discount PKG $2000.00 credit. What does Priority Code 19 refer to?
The priority code is just the priority level within the dealer, so doesn't necessarily mean much. The $2000 regional discount is interesting. I haven't seen that before.

B-Mach

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex, 22 Mach e Select
Occupation
Retired test driver
Country flag
Ordered Shadow Black MME Dec 2 21 the only numbers I have been given are tracking number and authorization number no vin. whats going on anyone have any ideas

OP
OP
jvwood1121

jvwood1121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium, Ext Range RWD
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
From what I understand you don’t get a VIN until close to production date Or at least until you’re scheduled. I’m trying not to research the next steps till I get there. I’m at 12 weeks since order accepted with no production date, but there’s people who ordered after me that got scheduled weeks ago. ??‍♀
What trim level? I ordered a grabber blue MME California Rte 1 extended battery trim...worried it's gonna be next year before I get it.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
What trim level? I ordered a grabber blue MME California Rte 1 extended battery trim...worried it's gonna be next year before I get it.
I ordered space white Premium SR AWD. Premium and GT is supposed to be the longest but I feel GT recently seems to be the fastest. Some have speculated that SR should be faster, but I’m at 12 weeks and no production date yet.

I am trying to have faith. If I get scheduled for early March production I could possibly get the car in 28-30 weeks, but that would mean everything would have to go right which I feel is like winning the lottery at this point.

There have been a lot of non scheduling weeks since I ordered, so hopefully scheduling goes a little faster now.

I would mentally plan for late summer.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Well, I waited 14 months for my FE (1/1/20 reservation until delivery), and 3 days for my GT (cancellation), so on the average it took about 7 months :rolleyes:. I put my money down on 7/7/22 for yours ?

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Your stories of ordering and wait times here scare me a little. What realistically happens now?"

Now we wait?.....
You nailed it, Bigfeets. Your attached document is must reading for the thousands of us who are waiting for our MME. And your writing skills are nearly flawless.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You nailed it, Bigfeets. Your attached document is must reading for the thousands of us who are waiting for our MME. And your writing skills are nearly flawless.
Haha, thanks. Perhaps you should also read elsewhere when I have tried to explain for myself one of the many puzzles of the MME acquisition process and guessed all wrong (expiration of Fed tax credit and use of existing 30 amp dryer circuit). Thanks to the many on this forum who write accurate and informative replies and comments. ?

19Mustang66

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Hey folks!

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to ordering cars online to get queued for production, so I just had a question:

I just ordered a Mach-E California Route 1 - grabber blue. I'm being told it'll probably be a 2023 model when I get it. Your stories of ordering and wait times here scare me a little. What realistically happens now?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.09.17 AM.png
Mine took 7 months. Ordered May 29, 2021. Drove off the dealer lot December 31, 2021. Just in time to get the tax credits for 2021! Hopeful your dealer doesn't try to mark up like they did to me. I told them no and i'd cancel and they backed off.