AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
My Mach-E Premium AWD just got the 6.4 on Saturday. Why is mine so far behind in the update schedule? Pressing "Check for updates" doesn't do anything, and the car keeps saying it's up to date when it isn't.
When I refer to the OTA gods, I'm actually referring to the Ford database that releases a specific OTA for your VIN number. Your car is asking for updates with it's VIN and being told NONE by the server. Ford rolls out updates very slowly because there's a chance your car could get bricked, so they plug in a wait period before giving you the next one.
Sponsored

ryannix123

First Name
Ryan Nix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
Ah, that's good to know. I work in software, so I was expecting Ford to adopt what's commonly called "canary deployments." i.e., they'll roll it out to a small group first, test it, and gradually roll it out en masse if there are no issues. Still, it seems I'm still two versions behind, even though the newer versions have generally been available for several months. Also, I've had my 2022 Premium for a month, and the 6.4 update was only available for my Mach-E a few days ago. Perplexing.

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
If you want to get them sooner you can try the early access program, but you have to complete surveys regularly and no guarantee you'll get bumped up in line any sooner.

https://www.earlyaccess.ford.com/

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
What a healthy and balanced approach..... why can't I convince myself to have the same viewpoint? :D
I just noticed I had 6.8.0 qued-up when I arrived at work today. I had it update just as I headed into the building. I didn't even know it was coming and I was just fine not knowing there was a 6.8.0 until it arrived. Stressing about it would not have accelerated its arrival.

SpaceLeftBlank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT, 2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
It feels a lot like they have some kind of cycle to these. I got my 2023 GT in August and got a few updates throughout September and October then not much, then a flurry of about four over the span of two weeks in December. I was just thinking it had been exactly a month since my last update when just today I got a notice about a new one installing tonight. It’s not a numbered one, but rather the radio update a lot of people started getting a while ago. It’s also the second “unnumbered” one in a row. I got 6.7 in December and I think people started getting either 6.8 or 6.13 after the radio update.
So it turns out the radio update was the earlier one, not the one that adds AM radio. But now, two days later, I got a notice that 6.8 will install tonight. For me these keep dropping in clumps—nothing for a month, then several in a couple days’ time.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
So it turns out the radio update was the earlier one, not the one that adds AM radio. But now, two days later, I got a notice that 6.8 will install tonight. For me these keep dropping in clumps—nothing for a month, then several in a couple days’ time.
I got two today! 6.8.0 and 23-PU0630-RGT-PLO

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
So after 6.7 my car started up in AM radio and I saved it as a preset. I still only have FM or Sirius for band selection, but I can now get to AM just by clicking the preset. Fortunately there's only one AM station I'm even interested in, so as long as it's on my presets I can get to it.

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
Just got 23-PU0907-RAD-ON as well...
And then 32-PU0415-BLM-VIS 2 minutes later!

That's 4 updates total in less than 2 hours! I'm living in a dreamworld!

Keep refreshing/power cycling your car. I wonder if the Ford servers accidently let the floodgates open. I'm grabbing as many as I can. Keeping my car on 120v slow charge so it's topping up the 12v all night.

Last edited:

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Mine's updating to 6.8.0 right now. Yay, it's progressing again.

yong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E Premium FE, '15 Audi Q5
Country flag
My FE (2021 Job1) just got 6.4.0 on Friday. Was previously stuck on a failed install for this one (or something similar?) for most of December.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
After a month since OTA 6.3, I got 6.4 last Thursday, 23-PU0630-RGT-PLO on Saturday and 6.7 today. Now to wait for the Frunk button to appear as I us PAAK all the time.

2021 Job 1 Premium.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
After a month since OTA 6.3, I got 6.4 last Thursday, 23-PU0630-RGT-PLO on Saturday and 6.7 today. Now to wait for the Frunk button to appear as I us PAAK all the time.

2021 Job 1 Premium.
Did you check to see if the frunk release on the B-pillar numeric pad works now?
Sponsored