First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Looks like the Honda Fit to me. Which is a thoughtfully designed and practical car.

These look similarly practical, but I think they are priced too high and I kind of want to see how their crash test scores work out. A good number of potential customers won't qualify for the full $7500 credit. So they'd need to lease to get it, but leasing isn't a good way to reduce expenses. So not practical in the long run for them.

I don't think these Kandi options will do well in Dallas. People are shifting interest to higher riding, often larger cars. Especially older folks who want easier entry/exit. Also from what I can recall from visits to Dallas, a good percentage of cars I noticed were more in the luxury or status symbol groups (Lexus, Mercedes, ...), similar to what I've seen in the northeast US. But maybe none of this matters if Kandi is just trying to get small volumes of sales at first.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like the Honda Fit to me. Which is a thoughtfully designed and practical car.

These look similarly practical, but I think they are priced too high and I kind of want to see how their crash test scores work out. A good number of potential customers won't qualify for the full $7500 credit. So they'd need to lease to get it, but leasing isn't a good way to reduce expenses. So not practical in the long run for them.

I don't think these Kandi options will do well in Dallas. People are shifting interest to higher riding, often larger cars. Especially older folks who want easier entry/exit. Also from what I can recall from visits to Dallas, a good percentage of cars I noticed were more in the luxury or status symbol groups (Lexus, Mercedes, ...), similar to what I've seen in the northeast US. But maybe none of this matters if Kandi is just trying to get small volumes of sales at first.
Doesn't help that they're a Chinese maker either. COVID has soured a lot of consumers to products from China. It may not show up a lot in routine products on store shelves that are harder to tell, but a car brand is much more obvious.

Hopefully it has a better ride than the Fit. Our friends have one. We rode in the back seat once. OMG, nevermore. We just offer to drive our Escape every time now.

While the Chinese Kandi probably isn't the right vehicle, there is a need for some decent subcompact commuter EVs that can do ~180 miles and be had for under $20k (after tax breaks). BEVs will force a more "targeted usage" paradigm IMO.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Tesla now has competition. For the ugliest EV around.

Seriously, I'm sure there's a market for it as a suburban/urban errand vehicle. But .. dang it's ugly.
No kidding. That thing is butt ugly.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Tesla now has competition. For the ugliest EV around.

Seriously, I'm sure there's a market for it as a suburban/urban errand vehicle. But .. dang it's ugly.
Tesla still wins, hands down. I'd actually drive or ride in one of these. Wouldn't be my first choice but it would still be an option.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It looks like a kit or toy car! I would love to buy it in parts and put it together. Maybe I can save a few hundred dollars of the assembly cost.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I looked at the kandi website, the car pictured above is the higher end $30K MSRP model, the K23. The K27 is the $20K one.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Kandi launches cheapest EVs in US, $13,000+ after incentives k27.JPG

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I looked at the kandi website, the car pictured above is the higher end $30K MSRP model, the K23. The K27 is the $20K one.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Kandi launches cheapest EVs in US, $13,000+ after incentives k27.JPG
Quite a comparison in looking at your post. In one view you can see your forum avatar (rapid red MME) and the K27 ... in something resembling red.