Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As a former resident of KC (just about 20 years) we still go back to see friends, the dentist, doctor appointments, etc. Once again today, despite checking the status of the ONE DCFC on the north side of KC ahead of time, and being assured it was working great, it did not. So once again this resulted in almost a couple of hours sitting at an L2 charger.

The first Chargepoint customer service rep clearly was working offshore. I had to spell Prairie View RD about 10 times and never did he get it right. I accidentally hung up (really) and started over. I got another agent who suggested I drive 40 miles the opposite direction from my destination to get to another operational DCFC.

What a JOKE! St. Louis has them all OVER the darn place. South of the river in KC has a handful. Even the newest DCFC in Cameron (about 45 minutes north of KC) is not functioning and hasn't been since July, despite it only being on-line since early June. BTW, I charged there just once. It was great. So I'm stuck relying on a charger 90 miles north of the city as my closest reliable DCFC. That puts a serious damper on what we can do in the city unless we choose to use our gas guzzling truck to get there and back.

Sheesh.

So if you are heading to KC and plan to charge, plan on charging down south or on an L2. Good luck.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
When I saw the thread title I wondered if LA had sold their football team again :p

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
PlugShare shows that charger north of KC not working in October...

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
PlugShare shows that charger north of KC not working in October...
Yep. I know. But it's sporadic. That's WHY I called them. It's a small, slow charger (24kw) but a helluva lot better than 6kw. I couldn't get it going. I called Chargepoint, they couldn't even find it for the longest time (mainly because the guy couldn't decipher the English language) and then when they found it, they had no access to it to reboot it, etc. The next closest one in St. Joe (way out of my way home) was something like a 3.9 rating........

raz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Yep. I know. But it's sporadic. That's WHY I called them. It's a small, slow charger (24kw) but a helluva lot better than 6kw. I couldn't get it going. I called Chargepoint, they couldn't even find it for the longest time (mainly because the guy couldn't decipher the English language) and then when they found it, they had no access to it to reboot it, etc. The next closest one in St. Joe (way out of my way home) was something like a 3.9 rating........
Only DCFC at Oak Park Mall is reliable. Last time I visited Target EA, 3 of 4 non working. Nissan at legends have 24KWh DC charger for free. Making sure you visit within their business hours. The charger will be blocked by ICE car mat night.

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Only DCFC at Oak Park Mall is reliable. Last time I visited Target EA, 3 of 4 non working. Nissan at legends have 24KWh DC charger for free. Making sure you visit within their business hours. The charger will be blocked by ICE car mat night.
It's a shame that a city the size of KC has such a dearth of dcfc options. I just found out I have an appointment in Liberty on Monday. I'm pretty much forced to take my pickup. Damn it.
Sponsored