Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Sport
Occupation
Substation Electrician
Country flag
I just found Katzkin is now making Mach-E seat covers. Not too thrilled about the designs but I’m sure you can design your own.
Sponsored

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
They're good stuff if you're looking for replacement covers

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I think it’s mostly because it’s a lot lighter than real leather for weight targets during development. Also has the added bonus of greenwashing and catering to the people that are zealots. I do like the material to be honest, but also have seat covers on mine because my lifestyle is rough on seats and we have a lot of really big dogs.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
It's just silly marketing. In the 70's they just called it Vinyl. Calling it "vegan leather" makes people feel better about paying more.

JamieLV

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37
Country flag
I have zero experience with any interior modifications (or exterior ones for that matter), so forgive me if this is a question with an obvious answer. Looking at the site they offer seat heating and cooling. Given that the car comes with heated seats, if you replace them with Katzkin can it utilize the heating element that came standard?

Wifetookmymache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
My wife got these off Amazon for $156.00 and they are pretty nice. Will stop accidental punctures and scratches from guest in the car. They are also air bag compatible for the MME.

20221106_172311.jpg

20221106_172329.jpg

20221106_172353.jpg

20221106_172422.jpg

20221106_172445.jpg

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have zero experience with any interior modifications (or exterior ones for that matter), so forgive me if this is a question with an obvious answer. Looking at the site they offer seat heating and cooling. Given that the car comes with heated seats, if you replace them with Katzkin can it utilize the heating element that came standard?
Yes you can retain the OEM seat heaters no problem. You can also add the cooling if you want too.

JDP That's Me in My MachE

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Country flag
I think it’s mostly because it’s a lot lighter than real leather for weight targets during development. Also has the added bonus of greenwashing and catering to the people that are zealots. I do like the material to be honest, but also have seat covers on mine because my lifestyle is rough on seats and we have a lot of really big dogs.
I love the material! Very comfy seat for daily and long distance driving. I guess I would say I go pretty easy on my seats (very careful with eating/drinking in the car, put down blanket for small dogs, vacuum regularly). But I am 6’3 and 220 pounds and put some stress on the material. After 10k miles, so far so good…no cracks tears or stains. Good job Ford! Now keep it up!

pcgeek

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE, 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
FYI, If you select "other" and call them, they do have templates for the GTPE (at least as of today). I had them triple-check to be sure and they sent me the PDF as well.

Just ordered to have the heated/cooled version installed and should have feedback on them in ~3 weeks but went through the whole process including VIN, pictures, etc with no issues.

REALLY happy they showed up because missing the ventilated seats was the killer for my wife and she loves it otherwise (wasn't looking forward to trading it in when summer arrived because it's perfect otherwise).

Went with black tuscany leather, perforated inserts, black stitching and the degreez heating/cooling.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
FYI, If you select "other" and call them, they do have templates for the GTPE (at least as of today). I had them triple-check to be sure and they sent me the PDF as well.

Just ordered to have the heated/cooled version installed and should have feedback on them in ~3 weeks but went through the whole process including VIN, pictures, etc with no issues.

REALLY happy they showed up because missing the ventilated seats was the killer for my wife and she loves it otherwise (wasn't looking forward to trading it in when summer arrived because it's perfect otherwise).

Went with black tuscany leather, perforated inserts, black stitching and the degreez heating/cooling.
Please post when it's all done - I'm super interested. I had it done to a 2008 Saturn Outlook and thought they did a pretty decent job.
Sponsored