Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a trick to keep the floppy cover from popping out? Tape around the prongs seems to make it stay more often, but it still pops out one side about ever 5th time opening the hatch. I'm approaching the point of just ziptie-ing it in. I thought I'd see if anyone else had come up with something. Thanks!
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a trick to keep the floppy cover from popping out? Tape around the prongs seems to make it stay more often, but it still pops out one side about ever 5th time opening the hatch. I'm approaching the point of just ziptie-ing it in. I thought I'd see if anyone else had come up with something. Thanks!
I actually had the same issue on the loaner MME I had for a few days. My suggestion is to use a rubber band or a hair tie to secure it. Might also be able to gently squeeze the plastic holder together so it’s tighter.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I'm actually using small black rubber bands to hold it in place and it's worked pretty well so far, but a black hair tie would work just as well. It's annoying that the clips were made so flimsy that they pop out if you look at them to hard. ?

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I'm actually using small black rubber bands to hold it in place and it's worked pretty well so far, but a black hair tie would work just as well. It's annoying that the clips were made so flimsy that they pop out if you look at them to hard. ?
There must be a quality control issue. Mine hasn't popped out, and the one time I took it out on purpose, I would describe it as difficult to remove it is so tightly held in.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
There must be a quality control issue. Mine hasn't popped out, and the one time I took it out on purpose, I would describe it as difficult to remove it is so tightly held in.
I wonder if it's something they recognized fairly early and corrected down the line?

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I wonder if it's something they recognized fairly early and corrected down the line?
Perhaps. My build date was Jan 9, 2021 when was yours?

At any rate my comment was really to say maybe you got a dud and you should at least open a case with your dealer.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Mine built Jan 16th. No issues with the cover popping out.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Doubt it, you can ask the dealer to replace them, not worth the 2 hour visit plus drive to the dealer in my opinion. Again trying to squeeze the clips with pliers might help.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Well, at least is not just me. The rubber bands are a great idea. That would be a little more removable. I have contacted my dealer but so far that seems to be getting the equivalent of a blank stare. I'm a Jan 24th build date.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I put Mine below the cargo floor. Very secure down there. No flopping issues.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I had something a little tall back there and when it closed it popped out. after that, it would pop out every time I opened and closed the hatch. I finally took it completely out, and re-installed it and its stayed in ever since. It seems you have to get it in just right for it to stay.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't think so. My build date was Nov 18th and my cover stays snapped in. When I first got the car I popped that out and then put those pins back but didn't "snap" them into place. I didn't realize I needed to do that and the cover would fall off after the lift gate was closed. I learned that I have to push those pins down into their sockets so they latch more positively.

Are you guys pushing those pins all the way down in there?
Sponsored