Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
Started south of Asheville NC at 100% SoC, GoM @ 334. Planned using PlugShare, drove using Ford Nav. First stop EA @ Williamsburg KY. Got lost having entered address instead of Walmart, first lesson learned. EA was great, for a few moments hit 156 kW, were able to go from 32% to 80% in about a half hour. Were the only ones there. Then came the first change of plan. We were on our way to Louisville, but I had planned an EA stop north of Lexington. Didn’t need it, used the scenic route, i.e., fewest miles to get there. Car drove like a dream. Love, love, love adaptive cruise control. Enabled me to drive much longer legs. Last ICE trip in my son’s Jeep, I wore out after 2 hours or so. Not this time.

Louisville. Son had arranged an Air B&B. He got the parking, but I was very happy to pay in an adjoining parking garage with a J-1772! Found a RR parked there and snapped a sibling pic! This was the only wild sighting our entire trip. Left a couple of days later and headed south. Had trouble finding Air B&B so switched to Apple Maps.

Next day … Heresy! stopped at the EA at the Corvette museum. Met a really nice EA tech working on two of the chargers. No worries, there were two more, and got to 80% before we even finished breakfast. Was the only car charging. Moved car before touring the museum. Great place to visit.

Lexington. Made a few extra stops from Bowling Green to Lexington…and got the dreaded Battery Low. By this time @Carsinmyblood was driving, as wife enjoys bourbon tasting. Made it to the EA North of Lexington with 11% to spare. Again, the only ones there.

Return. Back to EA to 80%. Then south. GoM said we’d make it home, but one low battery was enough for me. Stopped at the EA at a Harley dealer in Kodak TN. Found the crowd! Of four chargers, three were occupied, one for me! Met some nice folks there. Just went to 65% knowing we would make it home easily from there. After an overnight charge, GoM says 259 mi @90% from all the highway driving.

Summary. Planning is important. But having said that, the trip was great. Car awesome, charging easy. Hit 2000 on the odometer this trip. Thanks Ford for the free charging!

80664EB1-E8B8-4D21-940C-7FC0D2A7161D.jpeg

146F9D5D-109F-4E8E-9341-6FAE353E0E22.jpeg

19409088-55AD-4E59-95DC-9441B0250F63.jpeg

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Started south of Asheville NC at 100% SoC, GoM @ 334. Planned using PlugShare, drove using Ford Nav. First stop EA @ Williamsburg KY. Got lost having entered address instead of Walmart, first lesson learned. EA was great, for a few moments hit 156 kW, were able to go from 32% to 80% in about a half hour. Were the only ones there. Then came the first change of plan. We were on our way to Louisville, but I had planned an EA stop north of Lexington. Didn’t need it, used the scenic route, i.e., fewest miles to get there. Car drove like a dream. Love, love, love adaptive cruise control. Enabled me to drive much longer legs. Last ICE trip in my son’s Jeep, I wore out after 2 hours or so. Not this time.

Louisville. Son had arranged an Air B&B. He got the parking, but I was very happy to pay in an adjoining parking garage with a J-1772! Found a RR parked there and snapped a sibling pic! This was the only wild sighting our entire trip. Left a couple of days later and headed south. Had trouble finding Air B&B so switched to Apple Maps.

Next day … Heresy! stopped at the EA at the Corvette museum. Met a really nice EA tech working on two of the chargers. No worries, there were two more, and got to 80% before we even finished breakfast. Was the only car charging. Moved car before touring the museum. Great place to visit.

Lexington. Made a few extra stops from Bowling Green to Lexington…and got the dreaded Battery Low. By this time @Carsinmyblood was driving, as wife enjoys bourbon tasting. Made it to the EA North of Lexington with 11% to spare. Again, the only ones there.

Return. Back to EA to 80%. Then south. GoM said we’d make it home, but one low battery was enough for me. Stopped at the EA at a Harley dealer in Kodak TN. Found the crowd! Of four chargers, three were occupied, one for me! Met some nice folks there. Just went to 65% knowing we would make it home easily from there. After an overnight charge, GoM says 259 mi @90% from all the highway driving.

Summary. Planning is important. But having said that, the trip was great. Car awesome, charging easy. Hit 2000 on the odometer this trip. Thanks Ford for the free charging!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Kentucky, our first road trip. 19409088-55AD-4E59-95DC-9441B0250F63

Ford Mustang Mach-E Kentucky, our first road trip. 19409088-55AD-4E59-95DC-9441B0250F63

Thanks for the nice summary. Glad you had no real issues. Love the Churchhill Downs picture!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Nice glad the ky trip worked for you. The only problem in Louisville is the ea charger is across the bridge in Indiana.

OP
OP
CarsIMBwife

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
Nice glad the ky trip worked for you. The only problem in Louisville is the ea charger is across the bridge in Indiana.
Agree, the plan was to use that one, but since the parking lot had a charger, we didn’t need to.
Sponsored