Kia EV6 GT

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
https://www.motor1.com/news/497639/2022-kia-ev6-gt-reveal/

Kia has given target specs for the GT version, very impressive if the targets are reached. Like its Ioniq-5 stablemate largest battery is smaller than the mach-e but with faster charging may be less of an issue as long as the base range is within a similar amount to the competition.
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
There was a Kia press event giving ridealongs to journalists in the EV6 GT.
Bjorn estimated 0-200km/hr in 12.8 seconds.

Unfortunately for Ford, the MME GT will be a distant 3rd place against the EV6 GT and MYP.

I would be curious to see if the EV6 GT throttles during hard driving in the same way as the Mach-E GTPE

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I would be curious to see if the EV6 GT throttles during hard driving in the same way as the Mach-E GTPE
If the time listed by Bjorn is accurate, I would say no. 12.8@124mph is a little slower than a 1/4 time, but the speed that the MME GT should be going in that time frame for the trap. There might be a little, but its not nearly as severe of a cliff as the MME GT falls off of

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Fyi- 12.8 to 124mph (200kph) is nucking futs. That would probably be 1/4 mile in mid 11s at 115+mph. Faster than a Model Y Performance by a good margin after the 1/4 as well. GTPE isnā€™t even in that conversation. At all.

Canā€™t wait til Mat Watson from CarWow lines the EV6 GT up against the Teslas and the I4 M50. Sad Elon coming to Twitter near you.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I've taken notice of the EV6 recently and am very impressed with the GT line. Love my MME and have no intentions of getting rid of it anytime soon. that being said, I will keep an eye on KIA and see what the rest of the GT line looks like after it's released.

Good things coming to the EV world in the next few years

CesarG

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE ('22)
Country flag
The EV6 GT-line was kind of "flat" for me when I tested it. But this GT may certainly change things for sure (assuming price is right).

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I'm first in line to order one when available at a somewhat local dealership that is doing MSRP pricing. Can't wait.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
It looks interesting at least in terms of performance and charging speed. But I would wait to see reviews of the suspension, handling, steering feel and brakes as well because these are important for a performance car.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Fyi- 12.8 to 124mph (200kph) is nucking futs. That would probably be 1/4 mile in mid 11s at 115+mph. Faster than a Model Y Performance by a good margin after the 1/4 as well. GTPE isnā€™t even in that conversation. At all.

Canā€™t wait til Mat Watson from CarWow lines the EV6 GT up against the Teslas and the I4 M50. Sad Elon coming to Twitter near you.
Electric cars have turned performance into a commodity. Pretty soon you are going to have mini vans performing better than the hypercars of just a few years ago. When that happens, (some would argue is already has) then its less about 0-60 and quarter mile time and more about handling, weight distribution and overall design. Don't get me wrong I HATE that my GT is slower than a comparable Y, but I also realize that a pickup truck exists that's faster than my car right now and soon there will be a whole lot of non-sporty vehicles that will blow my doors off.

Now excuse me while I go off in the corner and cry...

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Electric cars have turned performance into a commodity. Pretty soon you are going to have mini vans performing better than the hypercars of just a few years ago. When that happens, (some would argue is already has) then its less about 0-60 and quarter mile time and more about handling, weight distribution and overall design. Don't get me wrong I HATE that my GT is slower than a comparable Y, but I also realize that a pickup truck exists that's faster than my car right now and soon there will be a whole lot of non-sporty vehicles that will blow my doors off.

Agreed, which is why I still have my SS Sedan while my wife has the MME 4X. My car isnā€™t as quick 0-60 as the Model 3 and Y Performance ( I leave them past 100mph) but around a track or on a curvy road it is absolutely ridiculous what it can do. And the soundsā€¦.šŸ˜Ž

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

The Kia Stinger GT is the clue you're looking for if you want a hint of how good the EV6 GT will be. The same Germans (formerly of BMW's M-Division) who did the Stinger are the ones working on the EV6.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/alb...oes-far-beyond-hyundai-kias-performance-cars/

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I would think the fast 12.8 second quarter miles is the 4th quarter release of the 576HP performance Kia EV6 not the current AWD GT line that 320hp
Sponsored