Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
(Some) Specs listed today.

Not sold on the exterior style, the interior is interesting.
This is going to "out feature" the Mach-E by offering automated lane changes and faster 800v charging (I guess that takes special chargers?)

I am really digging the idea that Tesla is going to get left behind with developing more Fart apps and bringing games to the center counsel while Ford and Kia are quietly building cars that will be amazing model after model while the public gets ready for EVs.

I really really liked my Niro (normal hybrid), I did 75k in four years on it. But it was just a reliable, plain car with zero sportiness despite what people said about "sport" mode. I really liked the interior layout but the infotainment system was barely modern in 2017. It became a CarPlay only car quick.

But Kia is on fire with the Stinger GT, the Telluride (selling with mark up still today where I live) and the Carnival. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Odysseys around here start to disappear and get replaced with Carnivals. (Everyone in my neighborhood has a silver Odyssey, ask me about mine!)

Ford is on fire with the Mustang Mach-E and both Bronco Sport and normal Broncos. (Too bad they can't get them into hands of people fast enough)

It's finally a great time to be a car fan again.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
range is midling.. I don't know why other manufacturers can't do better than this. It's my biggest problem with any of these EV's.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Nope. Those 350kW EA chargers that people are so fond of go up to 1000v. The Taycan already gets up to 270kW on those chargers with its 800v architecture.
I don't know how fond people are of them... more tolerating of them ;)

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Delay number 2 for Hyundai. So people that like this BEV going to kick and scream now? oh, your not but you did when ford had supply issues right. See things are in total chaos right now. We have to have patience.

- South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co said on Tuesday it would suspend production at its Ulsan No.1 plant in South Korea from April 7-14 because of a shortage of semiconductor chips and supply issues with electrical components.

It said there were supply problems with semiconductor parts for the front view camera system of its Kona sport utility vehicle (SUV) and power electric modules for the IONIQ 5.

OP
OP
americanflannel

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Country flag
range is midling.. I don't know why other manufacturers can't do better than this. It's my biggest problem with any of these EV's.
Gas cars didn't get 50mpg when they first came out.

It takes a couple generations to figure this all out. Luckily we aren't in the starterless car days out there still cranking our car physically to start it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So is range on the Mach E GT Performance. There are always trade-offs.

OP
OP
americanflannel

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Country flag
Delay number 2 for Hyundai. So people that like this BEV going to kick and scream now? oh, your not but you did when ford had supply issues right. See things are in total chaos right now. We have to have patience.

- South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co said on Tuesday it would suspend production at its Ulsan No.1 plant in South Korea from April 7-14 because of a shortage of semiconductor chips and supply issues with electrical components.

It said there were supply problems with semiconductor parts for the front view camera system of its Kona sport utility vehicle (SUV) and power electric modules for the IONIQ 5.
Yea , we are being specifically hard on Ford because we want it to be a magical experience for some reason - not a "car" which it boils down to. And it doesn't end once we get the cars.

I have owned Fiats and Land Rovers, I know massive quality failures when I see them. I had a first year Toureg that left me with a dead battery one day too many and sold it 6 months after I bought it (for more than I paid for it - ironically trading it for a 2005 first year redesigned Mustang)

I feel the reason why more people are antsy is it has to do with charging issues or safety issues for the most part... I mean we are complaining about profile settings not working correctly and I traded my Fiat after a couple years with the center gauge cluster NEVER working correctly but I never had trouble "fueling" that or any other car up.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So is range on the Mach E GT Performance. There are always trade-offs.
Yeah, the trade off is called Tesla. faster, with higher range. If they could figure it out with all their sloppy quality control issues, well then the rest should be able to......

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yeah, the trade off is called Tesla. faster, with higher range. If they could figure it out with all theior sloppy quality control issues, well then......
I won't trade off build quality.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yea , we are being specifically hard on Ford because we want it to be a magical experience for some reason - not a "car" which it boils down to. And it doesn't end once we get the cars.

I have owned Fiats and Land Rovers, I know massive quality failures when I see them. I had a first year Toureg that left me with a dead battery one day too many and sold it 6 months after I bought it (for more than I paid for it - ironically trading it for a 2005 first year redesigned Mustang)

I feel the reason why more people are antsy is it has to do with charging issues or safety issues for the most part... I mean we are complaining about profile settings not working correctly and I traded my Fiat after a couple years with the center gauge cluster NEVER working correctly but I never had trouble "fueling" that or any other car up.
while I get what you're saying, we're pretty much past the safety issues that we know of (the only real one that was common was the LVB issue that is apparently quite sorted now), so at this point it's annoyances and charging... and charging other than P&C seems to be getting there (still the weird "Illinois power" and apparently some specific charging station varieties) although yes, it's not 100%.

on a site like this, you're going to see amplification of the annoyances. Like (completely hypothetically) you might see someone post approximately 100 times about how they can't scroll the list of contacts endlessly while driving and how that is completely unacceptable and how dare Ford be a nanny and on and on about it... it's somewhat the nature of the beast (there's a whole thread on here that starts with, basically, "can't we all just get along" driven by this very thing).

part of the quality/annoyance pushback is self-inflicted because many people - and I'll take this as valid for me - were emphasizing that quality would be higher than a certain other software company car maker and we're finding that crow doesn't taste that great. I mean, sure, no random big box store parts or flooding frunks or roofs flying off, but still...

OP
OP
americanflannel

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Country flag
while I get what you're saying, we're pretty much past the safety issues that we know of (the only real one that was common was the LVB issue that is apparently quite sorted now), so at this point it's annoyances and charging... and charging other than P&C seems to be getting there (still the weird "Illinois power" and apparently some specific charging station varieties) although yes, it's not 100%.

on a site like this, you're going to see amplification of the annoyances. Like (completely hypothetically) you might see someone post approximately 100 times about how they can't scroll the list of contacts endlessly while driving and how that is completely unacceptable and how dare Ford be a nanny and on and on about it... it's somewhat the nature of the beast (there's a whole thread on here that starts with, basically, "can't we all just get along" driven by this very thing).

part of the quality/annoyance pushback is self-inflicted because many people - and I'll take this as valid for me - were emphasizing that quality would be higher than a certain other software company car maker and we're finding that crow doesn't taste that great. I mean, sure, no random big box store parts or flooding frunks or roofs flying off, but still...
You're forgetting first week deliveries having their bumpers fall off in the rain :)

But you hit it on the head, and I am guilty of it too. Look at my defeated post, I am having minor but annoyingly real issues on my car. A month from now they may be fixed and I will forget about it but until then I can't charge reasonably at home and that scares me as I try to figure out a ~40 mile trip tomorrow and ~100 mile trip on Thursday and ~40 mile trip on Friday. This shouldn't concern me but on 110v it absolutely does because that's about ~100hours of charging and there is less than 100 hours between now and then it will be at home.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, the trade off is called Tesla. faster, with higher range. If they could figure it out with all their sloppy quality control issues, well then the rest should be able to......
Well, "advertised" range, anyway. Tesla's real world range is usually less.

Their other tradeoff is looks. They went for max aero, which often means max ugly.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I am a huge fan of the EV6! The driving performance, the charging performance, the styling - especially the highlighter green accents, they're all awesome! Hope this thing comes at a somewhat affordable price - along with the IONIQ 5, these are the most important EVs of the year, IMO because they show that 800V is the future.
Sponsored