Kia Image Concept 2021

Blitz118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge ST
Country flag
Who is going to wait for the Kia Image Concept? It will have a 300-mile range, fully charge the battery in under 20 minutes, and 0-60 under 3 seconds. The crossover will have Rimac technology as Rimac is a partner of Hyundai/Kia. I'm going to wait on this, and I hope it comes in 2021.

https://insideevs.com/news/423005/2021-kia-ev-crossover-supercar-pace/

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/07/k...a-cross-between-imagine-and-futuron-concepts/

Kia will put a crossover inspired by last year’s Imagine Concept into production in the near future. It is believed to launch in 2021, and it will not only look quite radical, but it will also have some ludicrous performance numbers to boot.

According to AutoExpress, it will be able to sprint to sixty in under 3 seconds, which would make it one of the fastest crossovers on the planet. Where is all that performance coming from? Well, you may remember we covered the Korean automaker’s partnership with Croatian EV supercar builder and tech company Rimac.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The Kia is definitely on my radar screen! Kia is known for both their value and designs plus their EVs have been stellar (two gens of Soul EVs plus the Niro EV).

"Affordable" 800V architecture in 2021 really changes the game. If they can do 20min charging to 80% and offer 300mi range with 3s 0-60 for the same price or less than the MME, then Ford will struggle to explain why the MME is worth it.

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
800V sounds nice, but I'm not sure we can assume that a 300 mile version of this will be the same price as an extended range Mach E. Given the extra year of development and battery tech, I'll admit that it could be close... But I'm ready now, and love the look of the Mach E.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That look is a no-go from me. Another one that looks more like a sedan than an SUV/CUV.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Who is going to wait for the Kia Image Concept? It will have a 300-mile range, fully charge the battery in under 20 minutes, and 0-60 under 3 seconds. The crossover will have Rimac technology as Rimac is a partner of Hyundai/Kia. I'm going to wait on this, and I hope it comes in 2021.

https://insideevs.com/news/423005/2021-kia-ev-crossover-supercar-pace/

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/07/k...a-cross-between-imagine-and-futuron-concepts/

Kia will put a crossover inspired by last year’s Imagine Concept into production in the near future. It is believed to launch in 2021, and it will not only look quite radical, but it will also have some ludicrous performance numbers to boot.

According to AutoExpress, it will be able to sprint to sixty in under 3 seconds, which would make it one of the fastest crossovers on the planet. Where is all that performance coming from? Well, you may remember we covered the Korean automaker’s partnership with Croatian EV supercar builder and tech company Rimac.
More likely a 2021 MY arriving 2022 at the soonest.

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
I don't know if you are aware but Cadillac will launch the Lyriq on Aug. 06. It's an other one to follow. Next two years will be amazing with a lot of new electric cars. I prefer a long range than a fast super car, 0-60 under 6 sec would be OK.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
We should know something next year, and I'm willing to wait for 800V architecture and Rimac technology.
800v charging is next-gen stuff that I personally believe makes the road trip experience comparable to gasoline for most people. At 250kW+ and the right battery pack/efficiency, you'll be able to go 3-4 hours down the road before stopping for a nature/snack break.

20mins vs. 45mins is a big deal.
Sponsored