Kids in the Mach-E -- experience / tips?

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What are your tips and tricks for making your Mach-E more family (kid) friendly. And more importantly, how do you prevent those same kids from destroying your new car?
Sponsored

jpinFLX

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mache, Volvo XC40, Toyota RAV4 hybrid
Occupation
Director, IT
Country flag

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
What are your tips and tricks for making your Mach-E more family (kid) friendly. And more importantly, how do you prevent those same kids from destroying your new car?
I got 3 kids, we have 2 of those narrow 3 in a row car seats and a booster seat in the middle. They can barely fit but we make it work.

One recomendation is the back seat covers from AOSK
https://www.amazon.com/AOSKonology-...596885&sprefix=mach+e+back+sea,aps,158&sr=8-8

You can barely tell they are installed and are good for little kickers like ours. I've been considering the rear AC console cover as well.

OP
OP
Fins160

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Stick them in the frunk
We actually decided to show our kids how the emergency release in the frunk worked in case they ended up in there!

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
We actually decided to show our kids how the emergency release in the frunk worked in case they ended up in there!
I debated whether showing my daughter would help her in an emergency or just drastically increase the odds of her ending up in there in the first place.

OP
OP
Fins160

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
One recomendation is the back seat covers from AOSK
https://www.amazon.com/AOSKonology-Waterproof-Passenger-Compatible-Accessories/dp/B0B28K5VRN/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=mach+e+back+seat+protector&qid=1670596885&sprefix=mach+e+back+sea,aps,158&sr=8-8

You can barely tell they are installed and are good for little kickers like ours. I've been considering the rear AC console cover as well.
I did pick up a set of these, and agree they look and feel really good. Passenger seat in this picture has it installed, driver seat not installed yet. Torchick not included…

Ford Mustang Mach-E Kids in the Mach-E -- experience / tips? D09CEED7-93B3-4DA5-A145-1052EEDF7154

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
I have a seat cover underneath the car seat, a seat protector that goes on the back of the front seat which has pockets (kid loves that to keep his toys at hand and it means less mess for me), and the all weather rubber floor mats. As mentioned above don’t frequently feed them food that makes crumbles.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Pack it in, pack it out. Every Saturday morning they have to vacuum and wipe down their seating areas. Doesn't seem to keep them from making a mess, and the effort required to force them to lift a finger to help is more than just doing it myself, but I'm keeping the dream alive.

Liberal doses of "Stop kicking" and frequent denials of permission to eat coconut-covered confections help on occasion, too.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Stick them in the frunk
Another option is to tell your kids that "your car" is actually a friends car and they don't allow kids to ride in said car. Not only do you get peace and quiet but you keep your car clean as well. :p

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
I’ve got a 4 and 7 year old, and it hasn’t been too hard to keep the car clean. I have a few simple rules about snacks: basically nothing that I don’t think I can easily vacuum up. I have seat protectors under their boosters. And while I don’t wash the outside very frequently (drought here in California…) I do at least vacuum the car out and wipe down all the dirt with a damp microfiber towel every weekend.
It’s not too hard to keep it clean, just takes the time to do it.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
I’ve got the Ford seat cover and Tuxmat floor mats to protect from my 16 month. When I priced out all the separate seat covers for everything it made more sense to just get the OEM covers instead.

I’ve noticed that my rear facing car seat has created dimples in the back seat. Someone else on this forum said they took out the car seats every week to give the seat a chance to relax. I dont have time for that but something to look out for.

OP
OP
Fins160

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My kids are 7 and 9. I went for the Interior Protection Package, and also installed car seat protectors under the booster seats and the seat back protectors. No snacks or food in the car so far (cheese-flavored snacks are the ruin of humanity), but this is going to be our city family car, so it's a lot of in and out with the kids.

I am concerned about the sill plates in the back seats, which currently serve as launch pads for jumps out the door. Maybe something like this to help save those:

https://www.amazon.com/GZRUICA-Door...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657838419257&psc=1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Kids in the Mach-E -- experience / tips? IMG_7846 Medium

Also, I was concerned about them running to the back doors when it's still plugged in and tripping over the charge cable. I rigged up a tool retractor to keep it up and away from the floor, but still worried they are going to run into the charging door if it's open.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Kids in the Mach-E -- experience / tips? IMG_7847 Medium

Finally, I am trying to teach them to close the rear doors without slamming. This is the first car with rear doors (other car is a minivan), so it's actually a new concept for them.