ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
New video from Ford on one-pedal driving and drive modes. The modes don't look that customizable. I think a forth "Custom" mode is needed.

Sponsored

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
New video from Ford on one-pedal driving and drive modes. The modes don't look that customizable. I think a forth "Custom" mode is needed.
What part did you want to customize? It looked like you could turn on/off one pedal driving and sound in every mode.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Knowing me, I'll have it in Unbridled with the Propulsion sounds turned off 90% of the time. The whisper will come in handy on road trips. I don't know if I see a situation where I'll ever turn off one pedal driving.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I would like to be able to adjust throttle response/steering/lighting/regen/max HP independently of each other. Also, a rear-wheel-drive only option for summer cruising or drifting would be nice.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Question for someone with EV driving experience. I cannot recall reading this but does one-pedal driving come to a complete stop at some point and is just a matter of getting used to the feel of it?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Question for someone with EV driving experience. I cannot recall reading this but does one-pedal driving come to a complete stop at some point and is just a matter of getting used to the feel of it?
Yes, you can generally come to a full stop with ease. The learning curve is quite short.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, you can generally come to a full stop with ease. The learning curve is quite short.
Hopefully the stopping distance is too ;)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Hopefully the stopping distance is too ;)
LOL! Well you don't just take your feet off the pedals in a panic stop--the brake pedal still works (and you're encouraged to use it when necessary).

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Only EV I've ever drove was test driving a Model Y. They had 1-pedal on and I was driving in heavy traffic, I know I annoyed the crap out of everyone behind me with my very sudden decellerations forgetting that I couldn't release the accelerator to coast.

I'm looking forward to getting used to it though!

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Funny, my wife hated the strong regen in the Bolt at first, but now she loves it and doesn't like to drive the MB250 because the regen is not strong enough.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Only EV I've ever drove was test driving a Model Y. They had 1-pedal on and I was driving in heavy traffic, I know I annoyed the crap out of everyone behind me with my very sudden decellerations forgetting that I couldn't release the accelerator to coast.

I'm looking forward to getting used to it though!
That takes some getting used to: finding the coast spot and not instinctively just lifting off the pedal to coast.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I would like to be able to adjust throttle response/steering/lighting/regen/max HP independently of each other. Also, a rear-wheel-drive only option for summer cruising or drifting would be nice.
I think I see some PCM software calibration software in your future. :)

One of my F250 trucks has a knob with 6 presets. Each one is for a custom PCM calibration that I can switch on the fly. I have a stock setting, one for economy, one for a little more performance, another for high idle (PTO use) and a couple for towing (exhaust brake use).

I seriously doubt that I will attempt to do anything like that with the MME though. I will just take whatever "experiences" that are programmed and work with it.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Curious, do electric cars with one-pedal driving automatically turn on the brake light when slowing down, or does it only initiate when using the brake pedal?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Curious, do electric cars with one-pedal driving automatically turn on the brake light when slowing down, or does it only initiate when using the brake pedal?
Short answer: yes. Longer: Depends on rate of deceleration when they trigger. Depends on manufacturer what happens once you’re fully stopped.
Sponsored