grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Looking at the Ford UK site, it seems like they have patterned the RWD after what would be called the "Select RWD" here in the US, and the AWD is is patterned after the "Premium AWD" here in the US. The wheels, roof, etc are identical to those models. Since it is likely that Ford wouldn't want to change more things than it had to when building the models for the UK vs elsewhere, it is logical that the UK AWD cars would have the same interior (including cabin lighting) as the "Premiums". What is more likely is that the UK website designer either didn't have the full feature list or simply missed putting it on the site.
I have given up on trying to compare models/specs. There are so many different variations for US/UK/EUR markets, it makes me wonder how they will get it right on the production line. I am just going to wait and see what the "incidentals" are when I get the car. As long as I get the important bits (power seats, tech, panorama roof ) I will be (reasonably) happy
Sponsored

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
The whisper mode is really nice, I got to experience both untamed and whisper mode during a ride along. The car is so quiet and gentle in whisper mode, whereas untamed gives you a much more sporty feel including sounds that leads you to think there it a significant ICE under the hood.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The whisper mode is really nice, I got to experience both untamed and whisper mode during a ride along. The car is so quiet and gentle in whisper mode, whereas untamed gives you a much more sporty feel including sounds that leads you to think there it a significant ICE under the hood.
I suspect I'll leave it in Whisper 95% of the time. Be fun to show off Untamed (Unbridled in NA) initially but once the newness wears off and we've settled into a routine, Whisper should be so nice.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I would like to be able to adjust throttle response/steering/lighting/regen/max HP independently of each other. Also, a rear-wheel-drive only option for summer cruising or drifting would be nice.
I do not think regen or max HP ever changes. What does change is how that power delivery is mapped to for the amount of pedal depression. Regen is always there whenever you break. What changes the amount of breaking that is related to releasing the accelerator pedal. The brake pedal will first apply regenerative breaking commensurate with the depression amount until full regenerative breaking is achieved, at that point additional pressure will also engage the disk brakes.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
At about the 40 second mark, the usage of "L" on the shifter knob is explained:

video redone without music so you can hear driver's comments

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
including sounds that leads you to think there it a significant ICE under the hood.
Can you extrapolate on this a bit? Are you saying the artificial sounds are similar to that of an ICE?

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
They have stated a few times that reGen mapping and strength changes in the different modes. ...unless you have one-pedal on. .. then you just stop.

PS20221

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, ordered MME premium, x rwd, in carbonized grey
Country flag
So when music is playing through the speakers, is the propulsion sound muted?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So when music is playing through the speakers, is the propulsion sound muted?
Probably not. I would think that any available propulsion sound will be on unless you specifically turn it off. I've read that Whisper mode turns off the propulsion sound.

In my wife's 2020 Explorer ST there is propulsion sound too. It comes through the speakers both with and without music playing (or even if I turn the audio/radio system off the propulsion sound still comes through).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Probably not. I would think that any available propulsion sound will be on unless you specifically turn it off. I've read that Whisper mode turns off the propulsion sound.

In my wife's 2020 Explorer ST there is propulsion sound too. It comes through the speakers both with and without music playing (or even if I turn the audio/radio system off the propulsion sound still comes through).
I am hoping that when music playing, and there is a phone call or navigation audio - the music and the artifical engine noise are reduced automatically. My ford edge used to do that.

I have seen some cars where in such a situation they just push the nav audio to front speakers while music stills plays in the back speakers and i just cant hear anything.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Can you extrapolate on this a bit? Are you saying the artificial sounds are similar to that of an ICE?
Yes to me it sounded like a proper large turbocharged ICE engine, but not like you have a V8 under the hood (I have driven a few in the US so I know the difference).

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I only use the brake pedal when sitting at a red light because the Bolt doesn’t illuminate the brake lamps once you come to a complete stop with one peddle for some dumb reason
Surely if you are at a complete stop you don't need the brake lights to be illuminated as you don't have to warn anyone you are slowing down. If you applied the handbrake your brake lights wouldn't come on either.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Surely if you are at a complete stop you don't need the brake lights to be illuminated as you don't have to warn anyone you are slowing down. If you applied the handbrake your brake lights wouldn't come on either.
Have been rear-ended before in your suggested scenario.
Sponsored