Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yes, but it only works when using cruise control.
Just to clarify for those who have not played with this yet, lane keeping works whether cruise is on or not. Lane centering only works when cruise control is on and lane centering is specified in the options.
Sponsored

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just to clarify for those who have not played with this yet, lane keeping works whether cruise is on or not. Lane centering only works when cruise control is on and lane centering is specified in the options.
Does anyone know if it is actually reading the speed limit signs or just grabbing them off the map? i am going to guess just grabbing them off the map. it would be nice if it slowed a bit on exiting. i have an interchange that you need to slow to about 60ish, think sign says 50. But is a bit difficult at 70 mph or above. lol asking for a friend as i would have of course followed the speed limit.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Does anyone know if it is actually reading the speed limit signs or just grabbing them off the map? i am going to guess just grabbing them off the map. it would be nice if it slowed a bit on exiting. i have an interchange that you need to slow to about 60ish, think sign says 50. But is a bit difficult at 70 mph or above. lol asking for a friend as i would have of course followed the speed limit.
From page 220 of the Mach-E manual:
"Intelligent adaptive cruise control combines speed sign recognition with adaptive cruise control to adjust the cruise set speed to the speed limit detected by the speed sign recognition system."

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It follows the signs. You can notice it change just as you pass the sign. It can be annoying because sometimes it reads the 65 mph for trucks instead of 70 for cars. It also reads the temporary 60 mph signs setup before construction. It only once seemed to read the 45 mph "where workers present'.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Not sure what kind of car you have... Female cars use the cameras to read signs, and the map if necessary. Male cars "know how to get there" and just drive whatever speed.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Reading the manual I've found a really cool feature to the Mach E implementation of Lane Centering:
If you drive off-center within the lane, the system sets and maintains that preferred lane position.

Most people don't drive in the center of the lane, they tend to drive a bit right of center. Apparently the Mach E will learn your preferred position within the lane!

I can attest that this works. Just a little feedback and it gets back in line

I also tend to grip a little firm on the wheel so it isn't always trying to adjust and giving me motion sickness.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I've been driving over somee rough roads and I know exactly when the car will pass control back to me. It's training me well.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I will admit that the co-pilot works so well I have many times had my hands off the wheel a bit too long. Then I get screamed at to 'Take control of vehicle'.

I'm really impressed with the tech already. Hands free is going to be insane.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Not sure what kind of car you have... Female cars use the cameras to read signs, and the map if necessary. Male cars "know how to get there" and just drive whatever speed.
and do you determine this by getting underneath and looking at the undercarriage, or?

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
It follows the signs. You can notice it change just as you pass the sign. It can be annoying because sometimes it reads the 65 mph for trucks instead of 70 for cars. It also reads the temporary 60 mph signs setup before construction. It only once seemed to read the 45 mph "where workers present'.
And it occasionally reads the speed limit signs on the frontage roads when driving on the freeway. I was going 70 and the speed all of a sudden reduced to 50.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I have logged nearly 3k miles already and have noted the following (and wonder if others have similar experience):
-lane centering has a clear bias to the R side of the lane.
-average to strong pull R when passing an intersection with a turn approach if not marked with dashed lines or when approaching off ramps on freeway.
-system "cancels" if intesection/ramp as noted above is too large or if there are multiple in a row.
-speed sign recognition is inconsistent and needs fine tuning with mapped speed limits. Really notice this on rural highways where no signage assumes 55 mph but last sign read may have been 45 mph or "45 mph ends".
-obviously, snowy roads or wet/reflective roads negatively impact lane recognition.

These issues are a big reason why the "Co-Pilot360 driver assist feature will be available on (only) 100,000 miles of highways in the US and Canada."
Not all roads are marked well enough to safely support the tech in the MME, yet.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
And it occasionally reads the speed limit signs on the frontage roads when driving on the freeway. I was going 70 and the speed all of a sudden reduced to 50.
My wife's CX5 GT once read a State Hwy 65 sign, which is Ocean Blvd here in North Myrtle Beach, as a speed limit sign and accelerated in a 30 mph zone.

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
Yes, and the way the car confirms that is you having your hand on the wheel to offer mild resistance when it adjusts the wheels. So the car will complain if there isn't any resistance, eventually disabling the LKA if it has to scold you twice.
It will also turn off your music, because you were not listing to the warning's.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I can attest that this works. Just a little feedback and it gets back in line

I also tend to grip a little firm on the wheel so it isn't always trying to adjust and giving me motion sickness.
There are actually two things going on. The vehicle will automatically adjust for road "crowning". Normal mechanical power steering vehicles will have their alignment set for standard road crowning. This is an attempt to set up the car so the driver doesn't feel their steering is "pulling" to the left or right.

With electric power steering, the vehicle automatically senses and adjusts for road crowning. It learns how to drive straight on any road after a little bit of experience. The lane bias learning is just an extension of this system.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
From page 220 of the Mach-E manual:
"Intelligent adaptive cruise control combines speed sign recognition with adaptive cruise control to adjust the cruise set speed to the speed limit detected by the speed sign recognition system."
so are you telling me to just RTFM? lol i thought the manual was just supplied for people who could read. i really thought i read the manual cover to cover but those pages must have been stuck together. lol
Sponsored