Lane Centering Assist in city

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Just got my MME select with tech. I couldn't get it to do lane centering in the city like my Ioniq 5 does. I was wondering if lane centering can work in city roads independently of ACC?
Sponsored

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It only works with ACC, not without it. But now that I have BlueCruise halfway installed, it does not work at all.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Agree.
If you press the Lane Keep Assist button while ACC is off then you just get some warnings when you are close to the lane boundaries. It might also try and steer you back into the lane but it won't fight you too hard.

If you have ACC enabled AND Lane Centering radio button active in the Sync menu then you will get lane centering. If your car is working normally, then you can even hold the car to track left or right of center and the car will keep it there for you.

If your dealer tries to install the Blue Cruise update and it fails, then you might lose Lane Centering. It might go away completely or it might just always want to track on the right side of the lane. Either way, it will be useless and you will end up only using ACC from that point on. Like me.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes it should work. Make sure lane centering is turned on in cruise settings, and make sure you press the steering wheel button below the following distance button to turn it on. Engage cruise and you should see a blue bubble around the car when it's working.

OP
OP

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Yes it should work. Make sure lane centering is turned on in cruise settings, and make sure you press the steering wheel button below the following distance button to turn it on. Engage cruise and you should see a blue bubble around the car when it's working.
Would this work on non highway roads?

coachluke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 Ford Mustang, 22 Premium Grabber Blue SR RWD
Country flag
My lane centerings works on regular streets without needing to be in cruise control. I have mine active at all times. It goes off and on at times depending on if it can get a good read of the lines but it works great. I keep it on by pressing the button to the right of SET -. When it's on you see two grey lines around the edge of the car, it's green when it's available and a line is orange when the assist is activated.

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes as long as there's at least one painted line.

My lane centerings works on regular streets without needing to be in cruise control. I have mine active at all times. It goes off and on at times depending on if it can get a good read of the lines but it works great. I keep it on by pressing the button to the right of SET -. When it's on you see two grey lines around the edge of the car, it's green when it's available and a line is orange when the assist is activated.
That's lane assist, not lane centering. They're different. Lane assist (green/orange lines) you will bounce off the lines. Lane centering (blue bubble) keeps you in the middle without bouncing off and requires cruise control. You need to be actively steering yourself unless you see blue. Blue is the color that means the car is actively lane centering.
Sponsored