billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I use lane keeping when driving on interstates and state highways. It usually works well, but from time to time, if I need to turn it off to take an exit or just because I don't want it on anymore, it will sometimes fail to re-engage later when I want to turn it back on. Not always, but sometimes. The first time turning it on always works, but once I've turned it off, there's a good chance I won't be able to get it back on again.

Instead of seeing the blue bubble of safety, I just see the parallel green lines on either side of the car image that the car usually shows when it's trying to initially detect the lanes. It doesn't help to just wait longer - when this happens, it just never re-engages.

There's nothing unusual about the highway conditions - no snow or dirt or construction marks. It will sometimes happen on the same stretch of highway where it had been working perfectly before.

Anyone else have this happen?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Have you gotten 21P22?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Hasn’t happened for me yet, I use lane keep for 2hrs or so each work day on the highway so I have quite a bit of time with it on. I did have something similar in my Fusion, it would randomly throw a sensor error for adaptive cruise and not turn back on and would work fine after a power cycle.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I have one particular section of road that lane centering refuses to acknowledge. It’s about 2 miles long. Right after an intersection on my regular commute so I always have to disengage the whole cruise control and all. It’s weird because I can detect nothing different about the lane markings on this section of road. But the car can I guess.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Sounds like you also turned off cruise control - you’ll get the green lines when cruise is off.
Sponsored