generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Anyone have any idea why the Rt1 eAWD ER would get 306 miles and the Premium eAWD ER would only get 270 miles? Seems fairly significant when the only difference I could easily see was the tire size. I like the extras on the Premium but it's difficult to ignore the mileage difference when I occasionally do a round trip drive of roughly 270 miles.
The 2022 models don't have EPA ratings yet, so those numbers don't mean much. They probably put a new estimated number for the AWD RT1 because it didn't exist at all before. They just carried over the number for the Premium AWD from 2021 even though that won't be right with the increased usable battery capacity.

In other words, those numbers don't mean anything until they are actual EPA ratings.
Sponsored

mpellerito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The 2022 models don't have EPA ratings yet, so those numbers don't mean much. They probably put a new estimated number for the AWD RT1 because it didn't exist at all before. They just carried over the number for the Premium AWD from 2021 even though that won't be right with the increased usable battery capacity.

In other words, those numbers don't mean anything until they are actual EPA ratings.
That's helpful to know. Didn't realize they would issue these numbers without the EPA ratings. Just looked like such a big difference that something seemed off.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
From what I have read and heard, increase in range due to "releasing" more of battery capacity thus increases to 70kwh and 91 kwh. Only physical changes to lighten weight and allow further increase of range is changing to a single coolant pump and resevoir and change of hose material. In addition, there is talk if removing transmission parking pawl and replacing with an electronic brake.

AdamGilles12

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mach E Premium All-Wheel Drive
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Country flag
Now I am told by the Dealer that my 2021 will be produced in Mid November with delivery in December or January. I am getting nervous and hopefully, it isn't rushed to catch up.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
From what I have read and heard, increase in range due to "releasing" more of battery capacity thus increases to 70kwh and 91 kwh. Only physical changes to lighten weight and allow further increase of range is changing to a single coolant pump and resevoir and change of hose material. In addition, there is talk if removing transmission parking pawl and replacing with an electronic brake.
You would assume Ford would release this information before production of MY22 vehicles, right? I hope so at least.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Why do you hope so? How would it help (and what might it hurt)?
I already have a MY21 Mach E premium; and also a MY22 on preorder because of the many mentions of weight reduction and an overhaul of that birds nest cooling system. Am also hoping for the switch to a heat pump, but with zero mention of that being anywhere, I'm a bit doubtful of that change.

If there is a decent reduction in weight, plus the additional usage of kWh from the battery, it could amount to more than the 3% proposed change that we've seen on the forums.

Plus, with the used market being so valuable, I will be able to dump a MY21 and not lose a chunk of money; especially after receiving a tax credit.

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
Has anyone seen anything official on what is changing for the '22's? I doubt that Ford moves fast enough for any siginficant weight reduction to have been introduced. I don't doubt it is in process, but I'd like to see some evidence that Ford can actually make semi-continuous upgrades before I'd count on any major changes. Even the aforementioned elimination of the extra water pump is "plan" vs. actual until we see official confirmation.

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
I will be able to dump a MY21 and not lose a chunk of money; especially after receiving a tax credit.
isn't it true that the new buyer of your 2021 won't be able to claim the $7500 fed credit?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I already have a MY21 Mach E premium; and also a MY22 on preorder because of the many mentions of weight reduction and an overhaul of that birds nest cooling system.
If these are the reasons you're planning to switch to a 2022, I think you should be prepared to be disappointed.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
isn't it true that the new buyer of your 2021 won't be able to claim the $7500 fed credit?
That's correct. But here's the good/bad thing about it...

It's good for me because the dealership, Vroom/Carvana, etc. doesn't care because they want the unit to sell for profit.

It's bad for the next buyer because the selling party will prey on the ignorance of a buyer to not pay attention to the fact the tax credit doesn't apply to them (at this time). This could be a benefit next near if one of the new EV rebate programs goes into effect that provides a credit for used vehicles.

If these are the reasons you're planning to switch to a 2022, I think you should be prepared to be disappointed.
I'm always prepared to be disappointed. Case and point, yesterday at Chipotle, when they were out of queso, brisket AND tortillas. Like how do you manage that :p

It doesn't bother me anyway - worst case is I cancel my 2022 order and get my $500 back, and order a newer MY where more substantial changes are made. For now, I'll be happy with my MY21 Premium ER RWD. It'll give me some time to determine if that's enough for us, or if we want AWD and/or a GT(PE) trim.

Last edited:

FinCrimesJD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport Badlands, upcoming MME AWD ER
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
Freaking Chipotle. I'd have given up on my day had that happened here. Haha

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Freaking Chipotle. I'd have given up on my day had that happened here. Haha
For real... I'm not one to complain but I really only wanted a burrito to try their new brisket. We hadn't had Chipotle in months, and we had a free guac in our account so I said why not.

It was pouring most of the day so I opted for Pho instead ?