Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Jeep Gladiator "Willys"
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Actually….. We got this same Adam’s kit for our son’s black WRX last year. I think I posted here about it. It works as advertised and the UV gimmick does come in handy while applying it. After 9+ months of Texas weather the ceramic seems to be holding up well as he still gets crazy amounts of water beading and the gloss and depth that the application added have not faded at all. Not bad for $139 and a few hours of work.
9 months of Texas weather means sun and clouds?—Just curious… I will say the Adams graphene coating holds up at least a year (meaning 100% still beading and sheeting right off when clean) in our weather (WA state/Seattle) which includes getting slopped on by sap, smoke, tons of sun, pelted by pine needles, rain half the year, and leaves all year long and snow and salt and ash for good measure. The great thing is 80% isopropyl won’t take it off so you can strip the tar and sap off and still have a ceramic coat left. On my Jeep it actually held up far better than the commercial ceramic coat I had done but it’s also been refurbished with a hybrid paste wax/ceramic once a summer after the graphene coat was originally applied. Bottom line is our vehicles are in a temperate rain forest most of the year and I have yet to find a coating that held up well after a year.—There is just something about rain and tannins from leaves and pine sap that toasts the beading and sheeting quick. My only gripe is in flat light it’s hard to see the flashing so I just time it. My big caution is black cars, it’s really easy to have too much build and it show’s extremely obviously in the light. Easy to quickly polish off but on black it deepens the black so it’s really really obvious, On my white car and a cloudy day (Sunday actually) I just did it by feel as the flashing was pretty much non-existent. The cure isn’t terribly critical either as I had a rain storm come through less than 4 hours later and the coat was still good six months later. It’s also great as in cool temps it flashes slowly so you can work on entire panels or doors and coat them and then buff off the previous panel while those set up.
Sponsored

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I think we've discussed before and while using a product that's like 30 years old is certainly fine, there's a lot of science behind the new stuff and you not understanding how the stuff works doesn't mean it doesn't work. Because it does. You just don't understand it.
Angry old man yells at cloud

OP
OP

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
9 months of Texas weather means sun and clouds?—Just curious… I will say the Adams graphene coating holds up at least a year (meaning 100% still beading and sheeting right off when clean) in our weather (WA state/Seattle) which includes getting slopped on by sap, smoke, tons of sun, pelted by pine needles, rain half the year, and leaves all year long and snow and salt and ash for good measure. The great thing is 80% isopropyl won’t take it off so you can strip the tar and sap off and still have a ceramic coat left. On my Jeep it actually held up far better than the commercial ceramic coat I had done but it’s also been refurbished with a hybrid paste wax/ceramic once a summer after the graphene coat was originally applied. Bottom line is our vehicles are in a temperate rain forest most of the year and I have yet to find a coating that held up well after a year.—There is just something about rain and tannins from leaves and pine sap that toasts the beading and sheeting quick. My only gripe is in flat light it’s hard to see the flashing so I just time it. My big caution is black cars, it’s really easy to have too much build and it show’s extremely obviously in the light. Easy to quickly polish off but on black it deepens the black so it’s really really obvious, On my white car and a cloudy day (Sunday actually) I just did it by feel as the flashing was pretty much non-existent. The cure isn’t terribly critical either as I had a rain storm come through less than 4 hours later and the coat was still good six months later. It’s also great as in cool temps it flashes slowly so you can work on entire panels or doors and coat them and then buff off the previous panel while those set up.
I once had a ceramic or graphene coat behave this way. I was mad given the prior work involved. I called the company (wasn’t Adam’s though). They suggested I clay the car. I figured WTH. I did it and the ceramic was behaving like ceramic again. Who knew?

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I once had a ceramic or graphene coat behave this way. I was mad given the prior work involved. I called the company (wasn’t Adam’s though). They suggested I clay the car. I figured WTH. I did it and the ceramic was behaving like ceramic again. Who knew?
yeah I cleaned it and decontaminated it with rubbing alcohol but didn’t clay bar it. It is under warranty for five years so just brought it in and they probably sprayed a ceramic spray on it. It’ll go in again every six months until they eventually redo it. Interestingly my Mach E that they did has held up fine with a hybrid paste wax once annually. In honesty my gladiator gets blasted with garbage compared to the Mach E. The professional ceramic coat did not stop permanent holograms from glops of sap though even on the Mach E. Small drips and drops come right off with regular cleaning though and worst case a little rubbing alcohol. That’s the one thing I like most about ceramic coats is they allow you to remove the sap without removing the coat. It’s a huge issue as my cars And truck live under giant Doug Fur and Alder.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Is that when you rudely interrupt the drink service by telling the FAs to take their seats? I hate that! One of my few joys of flying is that offer of a beverage followed by the snack basket 😀
I rarely flew passengers. I worked for a rabidly anti-union airline that shutdown a very successful and quite profitable passenger business after acquiring us just out of spite to the unionized flight attendants. Besides cows pay more. Never had to make PAs to the cows, they wouldn’t pay attention anyway. Race horses? Yeah I had to make PAs when they are on board. Seriously.

Another advantage of flying freight besides money? Didn’t have to use Adams Graphene to keep the MD-11 and the B-777 shiny. Cause cows don’t care. See @Jimrpa, we’re not off topic! ;)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I rarely flew passengers. I worked for a rabidly anti-union airline that shutdown a very successful and quite profitable passenger business after acquiring us just out of spite to the unionized flight attendants. Besides cows pay more. Never had to make PAs to the cows, they wouldn’t pay attention anyway. Race horses? Yeah I had to make PAs when they are on board. Seriously.

Another advantage of flying freight besides money? Didn’t have to use Adams Graphene to keep the MD-11 and the B-777 shiny. Cause cows don’t care. See @Jimrpa, we’re not off topic! ;)
I miss the MD-11. It was fun to see whether a technical stop would be necessary on the way to Japan 😀, although I miss the tri-star more. Probably because the “tri” reminded me of the Ford Tri-Motor, which came long before Adams Graphene was around (just to make sure I’m still on topic)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Haha, CenTex weather. Most people aren’t aware of it but check average days of rain for Austin, it’s 80-90. Less than the Northwest but about the same total rainfall. Plenty of rain from the Gulf moisture trains in spring/fall/winter and a temp spread of 25-105F.

Our son’s WRX is black and since he’s away at college it’s parked outside exclusively for birds, trees and all of the other industrial fall out. It’s held up great with no noticeable reduction in hydrophobic properties as yet.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
For any of you who are thinking about applying a DIY ceramic coating for the very first time, I highly recommend Gyeon Cancoat Evo. It has a couple of advantages:

1) A challenge with most ceramic coatings is knowing how long to let the transfer solution dwell on the paint before buffing it off. Rub it off too soon, and the ceramic coating won't apply correctly. Wipe it off too late, and you may end up with high spots. The great thing about Cancoat Evo is that there is no dwelling time. You literally wipe it on and then immediately wipe it off.

Because there is no waiting time, the entire process is much faster. You can apply the coating to the entire car in 30 to 40 minutes.

2) The whole Evo line from Gyeon, including Cancoat Evo, can be applied outside. So for those of us without a garage or carport (myself included), this is a very outdoor-application friendly coating.

As a car detailing nerd, I follow some of the forums on Autogeekonline.net, which is frequented by many professional detailers. When I got my MME, I asked them to recommend a very user friendly, easy to apply coating for a first timer and several professional detailers on there recommended Cancoat Evo.

Adams products are awesome too. I just haven't personally tried them yet.

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Haha, CenTex weather. Most people aren’t aware of it but check average days of rain for Austin, it’s 80-90. Less than the Northwest but about the same total rainfall. Plenty of rain from the Gulf moisture trains in spring/fall/winter and a temp spread of 25-105F.

Our son’s WRX is black and since he’s away at college it’s parked outside exclusively for birds, trees and all of the other industrial fall out. It’s held up great with no noticeable reduction in hydrophobic properties as yet.
Lol, good to know that someone else’s car suffers in similar ways! Misery is best company.

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Armorshield Ceramic coating ......... One application and up to 5 years gloss and protection.
Rivals Professional Sealants
Ford Mustang Mach-E Latest Graphene from Adam’s Polishes wallpaper

for around $75