Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Shadow Black SR RWD, 57 Ford Thunderbird ICE
Occupation
Retired Architect
Country flag
They have to load all the updates onto a container ship and ship them Europe manually, then they deliver them by mail. Something about coronavirus or Brexit or something ?

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
They have to load all the updates onto a container ship and ship them Europe manually, then they deliver them by mail. Something about coronavirus or Brexit or something ?
Supply chain issues. Ford is out of 0's, and in-stock 1's will run out in 4-6 weeks.

jocke31

First Name
Joakim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RW
Occupation
digital strategist
Country flag
It is really annoying that we don't get any OTA updates in Europe. i do believe that 1.6 is the latest version I have seen in Sweden. I got my Mach-E in august -21, and haven't seen any OTA updates at all. I did get an update at the sound system at the dealer, but that's it. Also, the Fordpass app here in Sweden (IOS) is still at 3.35.1. Sucks.

McS

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I've been in contact with the Ford Support team in Sweden and they claim that both the car and FordPass will be updated "this week".
So still a few hours left of the (working) week, I have my doubts..

jocke31

First Name
Joakim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RW
Occupation
digital strategist
Country flag
I've been in contact with the Ford Support team in Sweden and they claim that both the car and FordPass will be updated "this week".
So still a few hours left of the (working) week, I have my doubts..
Let's keep the hope…

Reactions: McS

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
I'm in the UK and received 2.1.0 last week, and I have seen at least one UK member receive 2.3.0 (Extended carplay screen).

hwpaints

First Name
henk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e rwd
Country flag
i can not see what the last is , it give's up to date on the screen
i have the notebook.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
Hello fellow Europeans (and people from the UK) :) There are a lot of reasons why OTAs are not deployed. This is what I learned over the months/years:

1. Your build-date is the main factor. So, to all, retrieve your build date (date from the factory that is!) print it and frame it. It will become handy over time. There are batches of cars called: job 1 and job 2, GT and probably job X as well. Ford basically screwed up with job 1 cars (before june 2021) on OTA. They fixed this with a module update, but could not deliver it to job 1 cars, so there had to be a recall for it : 21P22. So now there is a new set of cars: job 1 cars with the update and job 1 cars without the update. I believe the OTA is stopped for Job 1 cars without the update.
2. Geographical location : in the US there is more pressure and considered 'home market'. They will do updates on the latest cars (job 3, GT and onwards) to generate a 'feel good atmosphere'.

So basically: the more recent build you have the more likely you are getting OTAs. Especially when you are in the US.

Apart from this:

Power ups are always over the air (and are centralised managed by Ford; no one dealer of anyone can trigger this)! Module updates CAN be over the air.
Power ups WILL contain SYNC updates and MIGHT contain module updates.
Power ups WILL notify the driver through car info (the update 'tick'sign) and/or fordpass.
There are OTAs which are not notified to the driver in any way, but will update some modules.

And then there is this:

Some updates require an active Wifi connection or a good reception on the 4G/5G. (large ones 1.7x and 2.x)
Some updates require a charging session.
Some updates require you to charge the 12 volt battery. (driving around)

Drea89

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e RWD EXT. range
Country flag
Hello fellow Europeans (and people from the UK) :) There are a lot of reasons why OTAs are not deployed. This is what I learned over the months/years:

1. Your build-date is the main factor. So, to all, retrieve your build date (date from the factory that is!) print it and frame it. It will become handy over time. There are batches of cars called: job 1 and job 2, GT and probably job X as well. Ford basically screwed up with job 1 cars (before june 2021) on OTA. They fixed this with a module update, but could not deliver it to job 1 cars, so there had to be a recall for it : 21P22. So now there is a new set of cars: job 1 cars with the update and job 1 cars without the update. I believe the OTA is stopped for Job 1 cars without the update.
2. Geographical location : in the US there is more pressure and considered 'home market'. They will do updates on the latest cars (job 3, GT and onwards) to generate a 'feel good atmosphere'.

So basically: the more recent build you have the more likely you are getting OTAs. Especially when you are in the US.

Apart from this:

Power ups are always over the air (and are centralised managed by Ford; no one dealer of anyone can trigger this)! Module updates CAN be over the air.
Power ups WILL contain SYNC updates and MIGHT contain module updates.
Power ups WILL notify the driver through car info (the update 'tick'sign) and/or fordpass.
There are OTAs which are not notified to the driver in any way, but will update some modules.

And then there is this:

Some updates require an active Wifi connection or a good reception on the 4G/5G. (large ones 1.7x and 2.x)
Some updates require a charging session.
Some updates require you to charge the 12 volt battery. (driving around)
do you know what's the cut off date for job 1? mine was built the 4th of june

jocke31

First Name
Joakim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RW
Occupation
digital strategist
Country flag
I'm in the UK and received 2.1.0 last week, and I have seen at least one UK member receive 2.3.0 (Extended carplay screen).
Can it have something to do with language versions? Just a guess. The translation from AE to BE should be less complicated than translating to other European languages… :cool:
Sponsored